Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AC55

VIP Member
Re: You Magazine interview
I have, as have many of us here, long thought she was ill and she has confirmed it in this interview. I think she very likely did go to the GP for help and I think she is very likely still on anti-depressants. I don't however, believe they any GP would tell a patient that they should be bottled and prescribed to help others.

Rarely accepts freebies? Lies

Delivery Room - not sure on the rules in the hospital she was in, but ordinarily it's one birthing partner not three. Why on earth would she need her sister more than Jamie at the most precious time of their lives? I really don't understand this given that she clearly says she was so worried she couldn't give him the one thing he wanted?

She says "it put a strain on my relationship - not ours? I thought Jamie was her rock, protector, knows her like no other yet it only put a strain on her? He went off and read a few articles about PND and suddenly all was well? He totally understood and within that short period of time everything was fine again in Fairyland?

To everyone bringing up little ones it's ok to have had days? Perhaps if she admitted this on her stories she would be more believable. I'm not suggesting she shows Ronnie having a full blown tantrum but he must have them and she could choose to share the reality of it instead of portraying her life as perfect.

Walks Henry? When? He used to be able to run around the garden until she turned into a B&Q garden centre but he's rarely walked by her!

The two month mark is when it hits you that there's no going back? Like up to 7 weeks and 6 days you can get a full refund?

So nothing really in the interview that we didn't all ready know I think. Who do we think the "friend" is that's been tasked with deleting and blocking on her Instagram account? Is that same friend responsible for writing the fake worshipping messages and gushing responses to a few of the chosen ones? Does Sophie proof read these responses?

What a fucking pile of wank!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

mgh727

VIP Member
“Jamie and I planned to start a family as soon as we were married, so when it didn’t happen straight away, I started to panic. I knew how much Jamie wanted to be a dad – what if I couldn’t give him the one thing I knew was so important? I was waiting for something to go wrong, like I always do.”

Am I allowed to find her saying she didn’t get pregnant straight away really upsetting? She was married in the August 2018 and Ronnie was born the following June 2019....so that’s what, two months? She fell pregnant at the end of September beginning of October?? It can take a perfectly healthy couple up to a year to fall pregnant, I just don’t like her saying it didn’t happen straight away when it kinda did as this could be pretty upsetting for couples with fertility issues or couples who think you kiss and get pregnant only to realise it isn’t that easy 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 74

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Interview is out ↓↓↓

I honestly can't believe she's described as "this naturally withdrawn woman." She's clearly done a number on them, if thats how they see her?

Saying she wears rubber gloves even when she doesn't need to because we say her hands are disgusting. More like so she can get away with more pre records. 😂

When did we troll Ronnie about not having enough teeth 😂 Can anyone remember what was said that was "vile" when she was wrapping Ronnie's xmas presents? Because apparently it "sent her into a full-blown panic attack. ‘I was hysterical, struggling to breathe – it felt like I was dying,’ she says. ‘Everything was whizzing past at 1,000 miles an hour.'

Had to get Stacey in, didn't she! And what the fuck does she mean, she couldn't get her old life back even if she wanted to. Of course she could. She's got 5 mins of insta fame which compared to real fame from being a real celebrity with a talent, is nothing. She would be forgotten about within 5 mins and would be replaced by the next 'instagram star' who are ten a penny anyway, almost instantaneously.
‘A friend who lives a similar life to me said as much as you love the opportunities your new life brings, you can’t help but feel sad about the life you’ve left behind,’ she continues. ‘Even if I was to come away from Instagram tomorrow, I’d never get my old life back and that can feel like a grieving process.’

How is she STILL claiming, she doesn't know it happened?! She approached them!!

This line has gave me the biggest laugh - "She refuses most freebies and turns down scores of invitations to events" which is just as well because the next bit, has me close to tears and feeling furious. I have had such a long, draining battle with my anxiety and mental health that for me personally, I think this statement is incredibly frustrating and irresponsible.
Recently, a GP told her several patients had come off their anxiety medication after becoming Hinchers (the name Sophie has given to her army of fans), because Sophie had helped them find a positive focus in cleaning. ‘She said, “If we could bottle you, we’d prescribe you,”’ Sophie says. ‘I still can’t get my head around it.’

So recently she said she was the only person with access and control to her instagram but now it's down to a friend to screen messages and hurtful comments!

I guess the only positive, is that at least she admits its ghost written!

I'm just pleased that we are all intelligent and astute enough to see through this interview and see it for what it is. Sadly though, because of its arse licking, Saint Soph can do no wrong, victim of trolls theme throughout, I think this is just going to spur the Hinchers on even more. Then will be frothing from their wide ons at this and be desperately clambering over each other to crawl up her arsehole with adoring, sympathetic, sycophant messages 🤢

p.s. Sorry for such a long post 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 71

TruffleTrifle

Just read it on screen and now want to vomit. The way she speaks its like she’s had a tragic thing happen to her. Sophie you fucking chose this to happen, if you wanted to keep it small you could have but you’ve gleefully taken every chance to turn yourself into a celebrity. Sounds like all she does is cry. If it makes you that miserable hun then quit. Also I thought she only read here back in 2019. I doubt there was any talk of RonRons teeth when he was barely 4 months old so that’s bullshit then isn’t it?!

After the year that has happened I’m not sure this interview will endear her to others tbh. While people have lost jobs and loved ones and don’t know howthey will feed their families, Sophie is whining thatpeople were mean to her BUT SHE HAS THEM SCREENED SO HOW DO YOUKNOW?? not once in that sickening 1000 words does she express gratitude or recognise her privileges for being a well off, pretty much fully healthy young woman who doesn’t need to work a proper job, with a husband at home all the time, a decent sized home that she can fanny around customising every day and grandparents on tap for childcare. Oh and she’s had 3 holidays in 6 weeks. She literally makes me dry heave.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

shadyessex33

VIP Member
All I’ve taken from today’s shopping trip is the confirmation that they are the kind of couple that speak really loudly to each other when in public to get everyone to notice them. The kind that make loads of mess in a restaurant and don’t leave a tip

• Haha
Reactions: 64

mgh727

VIP Member

Mrs Hinch: ‘I never said I was perfect’

She’s the social-media superstar who made cleaning cool – tidying her way to nearly four million followers and counting. But behind the perfectly polished posts, Mrs Hinch found herself plagued by terrifying anxiety. She tells Julia Llewellyn Smithabout the ‘darker side’ of her rapid rise to fame.

Just after Christmas Sophie Hinchcliffe, aka Mrs Hinch, the cleaning sensation with 3.7 million Instagram followers, found herself outside her GP’s office, steeling herself to ask for help with anxiety. ‘It was terrifying; it’s a big step telling someone you need help,’ she says. ‘But my stomach was in knots morning and night and I knew I wasn’t OK. It had got to the stage that my family were worried. Something had to change.’

For months Sophie postponed making the appointment, fearing the GP, like many others, might ask: ‘What on earth has she got to be anxious about?’ On the surface, her life appears to be a blissful merry-go-round of uploading videos of herself cheerily mopping, walking her spaniel Henry and playing with her 15-month-old son Ronnie.

Her @MrsHinchHome account, dedicated to showing how to make your home sparkle (known as ‘Hinching’), started two years ago and has netted her over £1 million. She’s gorgeous, has a loving family and an adoring husband Jamie, 41, who’s on a break from his sales manager career, to support her.

Certainly, Basildon-born Sophie, who met Jamie when they both worked in sales, is grateful for everything her unexpected Hinching career has brought. But there have been downsides she never anticipated. Worst is the trolling from websites where people gather to attack Sophie for her looks, her parenting and – most shockingly – little Ronnie.

‘They message saying, “Your baby should be moving more, he should have more teeth.” They’re even horrible about my dog! It turns my gut and takes my breath away; it makes me want to scream and cry.

‘I know I should ignore them, but when you get told the same thing over and over again – “Your voice is horrendous”, “Your face is wonky”, “Your hands are disgusting” – there’s only so many times you can ignore it without wondering if it’s true,’ Sophie continues, her voice quivering. ‘So I look at my hands and think, “Maybe people don’t want to see them,” and put on rubber gloves when I don’t need to.’

Often the messages aren’t just cruel, they’re downright threatening, meaning the police have occasionally been involved. ‘That’s so I feel safe,’ she says, now trying to hold back tears. At Christmas, vile comments about an Instagram story – a form of short video – of her wrapping Ronnie’s presents sent her into a full-blown panic attack. ‘I was hysterical, struggling to breathe – it felt like I was dying,’ she says. ‘Everything was whizzing past at 1,000 miles an hour.‘

I make sure to do my gratitude check-ins a lot,’ she says. ‘I remind myself of the amazing things to set me back on the right track.’ Those pinch-yourself moments include when Hinching was mentioned on Coronation Street and EastEnders, or when her teenage crush Lee Ryan from 90s boy band Blue sent her a message. ‘I was swaying with shock. If only I could tell my younger self this would happen!’

But at the same time, this naturally withdrawn woman can’t help reminiscing about her life two short years ago, when she’d just moved in with Jamie and was training to be a hairdresser. ‘Now everything I do gets put under a microscope and is open to scrutiny. It’s overwhelming. I’m a normal person, who was leading a boring life which I loved.
‘A friend who lives a similar life to me said as much as you love the opportunities your new life brings, you can’t help but feel sad about the life you’ve left behind,’ she continues. ‘Even if I was to come away from Instagram tomorrow, I’d never get my old life back and that can feel like a grieving process.’
Sophie’s talking over Zoom from her spotless, naturally, Essex home (though she insists she’s not obsessive about cleaning and can happily leave a pile of dirty dishes in the sink). We’re here to talk about her new memoir This Is Me. She’s published three books already – all huge bestsellers. They briefly mentioned Sophie’s anxiety, helped by her cleaning (‘It keeps my mind off things and helps me switch off’) and the terrible health problems that followed gastric-band surgery which helped her lose eight stone. But largely, they were guides to keeping a tidy home.
In contrast, This Is Me is a gut-wrenchingly honest account of how fame has transformed her life, not necessarily for the better. ‘This book isn’t about dust-busting, it’s myth-busting’, she laughs. Writing it, with the help of a ghost writer, was, she says, ‘like therapy. It was so good to open up, even though it was difficult. Often my life seems like a dream that’s happening to someone else, so to tell the truth on my terms was amazing.’
It was a relief to counter the bonkers theories about Sophie that flood the internet. One rumour is she employs a cleaner. ‘A paparazzo was waiting outside for the cleaning van that was supposed to turn up. I said, “You’ll be waiting a long time.” I don’t want anyone cleaning my toilet; I enjoy cleaning my toilet!’ Others say she fakes her anxiety to gain popularity points – ‘that amazes and saddens me’ – and that she’s the puppet of a management company who concocted the Mrs Hinch phenomenon. ‘If this could be created and designed then everybody would be doing it,’ Sophie exclaims.

In fact, it would be impossible to invent such a bizarre trajectory as Sophie’s. Initially, she set up her Instagram account to share cleaning and decorating tips. Within six months she had a million followers; by the end of 2018, two million – a tally that’s since nearly doubled. ‘I still don’t know how it happened. I haven’t even left the house,’ she says.

She and Jamie live in the same house as always, shop at Morrisons and were shocked when a spontaneous decision to breakfast in a central London hotel cost them £45. ‘How come the hash browns were three times the price of McDonald’s? A potato’s a potato!’

She refuses most freebies and turns down scores of invitations to events. ‘I decline nearly all TV appearances. I hide away. I’m probably the worst person for this to have happened to because I’ve always been such a worrier.’

You may wonder why she doesn’t walk away – after all, money’s no longer a worry. It sounds as though at some point she’ll start winding things down a touch. ‘Things come and go, it could all be gone tomorrow, who knows?’ she says. ‘I need a more manageable balance. People think I stay at home and photograph cloths, but there are lots of meetings with management, with brand partnerships… it’s daunting. Having said that
I am aware of what an amazing opportunity this is and how lucky I am; I love what I do.’

Sophie wants more children and to be able to devote her time to them. ‘I’d love more kids – it’s finding the right time… but then again, there never is a perfect time. Watch this space!’

But Sophie’s bond with her followers is so close, she’d never quit Hinching entirely. ‘I’m not going to say, “Goodbye, so long” any time soon. Wherever I go I’ll be taking my followers with me. We’re part of each other’s lives.

‘They help me more than they know. The love outweighs the hate a million times over.’ In return, she feels enormous responsibility for them. Recently, a GP told her several patients had come off their anxiety medication after becoming Hinchers (the name Sophie has given to her army of fans), because Sophie had helped them find a positive focus in cleaning. ‘She said, “If we could bottle you, we’d prescribe you,”’ Sophie says. ‘I still can’t get my head around it.’
She felt especially duty-bound to cheer up Hinchers during lockdown. ‘I counted my blessings but I was struggling. It was difficult to be away from my friends and family, but I wanted to keep my Instagram a positive space, where my followers could switch off.’
She tightly controls her Instagram: no one else is allowed to post and she often leaves random Hinchers surprise voice notes or chats with those who have messaged her. She won’t delegate those jobs – ‘they’d sense if it was coming from someone else’. But since her panic attack a friend screens direct messages, blocking hateful comments. ‘Some slip through, but I cannot explain the difference screening has made to my mental health. My friend says she pities these people, they can’t be OK.’
Sophie is attempting to employ the same mindset. ‘I try not to look at their attacks as personal, but think so many people are fighting battles that we know nothing about and acting out can be a reflection of what’s going on in their lives. But sometimes I can’t help wondering if they have a heart. Why don’t they stop watching when they clearly can’t stand me? They could be doing more with their lives: spending it with their family, their friends, putting that effort into a career.’

Many people aspire to be the next Mrs Hinch; a survey showed 52 per cent of children would like to be a social-media star (just 13 per cent want to be a doctor or nurse). Sophie is shocked by this. ‘When I was at school people wanted to be a vet or a teacher. My niece is 12 and she wants to be a dance teacher, but if she’d ever said she wanted to be an influencer we’d be having a serious chat. She’s seen the darker side. I think it’s crucial we don’t let likes and followers and comments consume our children’s lives. They need to know they’re living their best lives right now. My life isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I advise anyone wishing to join this industry to make sure they do it with their eyes wide open, knowing exactly what they’re letting themselves in for. It can be really tough.’

So what was the outcome of Sophie’s visit to the GP? ‘I’m not ashamed to say that I was put on anti-depressants and they have taken some of the edge off during the day, but I still struggle at night – I’m not quite there yet,’ she says. ‘It’s important to talk to someone when you aren’t feeling yourself. Make sure you get the help you need. We wouldn’t think twice about going to see someone if we hurt our leg, but for some reason we don’t treat our heads the same. I’m proud of myself for going and I’m starting to feel better. People say to me, “Sophie, your positivity gets me through the day.” And those words keep me going. I want people to know that I’m not perfect. I never said I was. I’m just like everyone else.’

This Is Me by Mrs Hinch will be published by Michael Joseph on 1 October, £16.99
Notes:

1) love the fact they admit she’s got a ghostwriter
2) what GP in their right mind whacks someone on antidepressants straight away for anxiety and panic attacks, this is me speaking from experience as I’ve spent years fighting to be put on them (still haven’t) just to be put through masses of CBT because a prescription is a last resort apparently, (CBT hasnt worked either) but the way this has been written makes out as if you can just phone the GP, say you have anxiety without going through proper diagnosis via a trained mental health practioner and walk away with a prescription same day 🤦🏻‍♀️
3) that Christmas video was definitely the one where she talked about the presents being from mummy and Jamie
4) her friend screens her messages, well her friend needs to wind her neck in and stop messaging people absolutely horrid things before blocking them, pretending she’s Mrs Hinch and specifying she’s a friend because she’s now blocking genuine Hinchers.
5) Where in the NHS allows three birth partners? This just might be the pandemic hormones but I’ve always been told it’s two, no exceptions and she had her mum, sister and Jamie, I’ll be lucky if I can have one birth partner, just finding her even less relatable after this YOU article now, wait for all the young mums that watch her try and get three birth partners in just to be told no and wonder why Mrs Hinch gets a free pass and they don’t!!
6) love the fact it says she’s Basildon born and not from the tiny village of Maldon, for anyone that doesn’t know Essex, Basildon is an interesting place let’s put it that way 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61

Amibovvered

VIP Member

Mrs Hinch: ‘I never said I was perfect’

She’s the social-media superstar who made cleaning cool – tidying her way to nearly four million followers and counting. But behind the perfectly polished posts, Mrs Hinch found herself plagued by terrifying anxiety. She tells Julia Llewellyn Smithabout the ‘darker side’ of her rapid rise to fame.

Just after Christmas Sophie Hinchcliffe, aka Mrs Hinch, the cleaning sensation with 3.7 million Instagram followers, found herself outside her GP’s office, steeling herself to ask for help with anxiety. ‘It was terrifying; it’s a big step telling someone you need help,’ she says. ‘But my stomach was in knots morning and night and I knew I wasn’t OK. It had got to the stage that my family were worried. Something had to change.’

For months Sophie postponed making the appointment, fearing the GP, like many others, might ask: ‘What on earth has she got to be anxious about?’ On the surface, her life appears to be a blissful merry-go-round of uploading videos of herself cheerily mopping, walking her spaniel Henry and playing with her 15-month-old son Ronnie.

Her @MrsHinchHome account, dedicated to showing how to make your home sparkle (known as ‘Hinching’), started two years ago and has netted her over £1 million. She’s gorgeous, has a loving family and an adoring husband Jamie, 41, who’s on a break from his sales manager career, to support her.

Certainly, Basildon-born Sophie, who met Jamie when they both worked in sales, is grateful for everything her unexpected Hinching career has brought. But there have been downsides she never anticipated. Worst is the trolling from websites where people gather to attack Sophie for her looks, her parenting and – most shockingly – little Ronnie.

‘They message saying, “Your baby should be moving more, he should have more teeth.” They’re even horrible about my dog! It turns my gut and takes my breath away; it makes me want to scream and cry.

‘I know I should ignore them, but when you get told the same thing over and over again – “Your voice is horrendous”, “Your face is wonky”, “Your hands are disgusting” – there’s only so many times you can ignore it without wondering if it’s true,’ Sophie continues, her voice quivering. ‘So I look at my hands and think, “Maybe people don’t want to see them,” and put on rubber gloves when I don’t need to.’

Often the messages aren’t just cruel, they’re downright threatening, meaning the police have occasionally been involved. ‘That’s so I feel safe,’ she says, now trying to hold back tears. At Christmas, vile comments about an Instagram story – a form of short video – of her wrapping Ronnie’s presents sent her into a full-blown panic attack. ‘I was hysterical, struggling to breathe – it felt like I was dying,’ she says. ‘Everything was whizzing past at 1,000 miles an hour.‘

I make sure to do my gratitude check-ins a lot,’ she says. ‘I remind myself of the amazing things to set me back on the right track.’ Those pinch-yourself moments include when Hinching was mentioned on Coronation Street and EastEnders, or when her teenage crush Lee Ryan from 90s boy band Blue sent her a message. ‘I was swaying with shock. If only I could tell my younger self this would happen!’

But at the same time, this naturally withdrawn woman can’t help reminiscing about her life two short years ago, when she’d just moved in with Jamie and was training to be a hairdresser. ‘Now everything I do gets put under a microscope and is open to scrutiny. It’s overwhelming. I’m a normal person, who was leading a boring life which I loved.
Sophie’s talking over Zoom from her spotless, naturally, Essex home (though she insists she’s not obsessive about cleaning and can happily leave a pile of dirty dishes in the sink). We’re here to talk about her new memoir This Is Me. She’s published three books already – all huge bestsellers. They briefly mentioned Sophie’s anxiety, helped by her cleaning (‘It keeps my mind off things and helps me switch off’) and the terrible health problems that followed gastric-band surgery which helped her lose eight stone. But largely, they were guides to keeping a tidy home.
In contrast, This Is Me is a gut-wrenchingly honest account of how fame has transformed her life, not necessarily for the better. ‘This book isn’t about dust-busting, it’s myth-busting’, she laughs. Writing it, with the help of a ghost writer, was, she says, ‘like therapy. It was so good to open up, even though it was difficult. Often my life seems like a dream that’s happening to someone else, so to tell the truth on my terms was amazing.’
It was a relief to counter the bonkers theories about Sophie that flood the internet. One rumour is she employs a cleaner. ‘A paparazzo was waiting outside for the cleaning van that was supposed to turn up. I said, “You’ll be waiting a long time.” I don’t want anyone cleaning my toilet; I enjoy cleaning my toilet!’ Others say she fakes her anxiety to gain popularity points – ‘that amazes and saddens me’ – and that she’s the puppet of a management company who concocted the Mrs Hinch phenomenon. ‘If this could be created and designed then everybody would be doing it,’ Sophie exclaims.

In fact, it would be impossible to invent such a bizarre trajectory as Sophie’s. Initially, she set up her Instagram account to share cleaning and decorating tips. Within six months she had a million followers; by the end of 2018, two million – a tally that’s since nearly doubled. ‘I still don’t know how it happened. I haven’t even left the house,’ she says.

She and Jamie live in the same house as always, shop at Morrisons and were shocked when a spontaneous decision to breakfast in a central London hotel cost them £45. ‘How come the hash browns were three times the price of McDonald’s? A potato’s a potato!’

She refuses most freebies and turns down scores of invitations to events. ‘I decline nearly all TV appearances. I hide away. I’m probably the worst person for this to have happened to because I’ve always been such a worrier.’

You may wonder why she doesn’t walk away – after all, money’s no longer a worry. It sounds as though at some point she’ll start winding things down a touch. ‘Things come and go, it could all be gone tomorrow, who knows?’ she says. ‘I need a more manageable balance. People think I stay at home and photograph cloths, but there are lots of meetings with management, with brand partnerships… it’s daunting. Having said that
I am aware of what an amazing opportunity this is and how lucky I am; I love what I do.’

Sophie wants more children and to be able to devote her time to them. ‘I’d love more kids – it’s finding the right time… but then again, there never is a perfect time. Watch this space!’

But Sophie’s bond with her followers is so close, she’d never quit Hinching entirely. ‘I’m not going to say, “Goodbye, so long” any time soon. Wherever I go I’ll be taking my followers with me. We’re part of each other’s lives.

‘They help me more than they know. The love outweighs the hate a million times over.’ In return, she feels enormous responsibility for them. Recently, a GP told her several patients had come off their anxiety medication after becoming Hinchers (the name Sophie has given to her army of fans), because Sophie had helped them find a positive focus in cleaning. ‘She said, “If we could bottle you, we’d prescribe you,”’ Sophie says. ‘I still can’t get my head around it.’
She felt especially duty-bound to cheer up Hinchers during lockdown. ‘I counted my blessings but I was struggling. It was difficult to be away from my friends and family, but I wanted to keep my Instagram a positive space, where my followers could switch off.’
She tightly controls her Instagram: no one else is allowed to post and she often leaves random Hinchers surprise voice notes or chats with those who have messaged her. She won’t delegate those jobs – ‘they’d sense if it was coming from someone else’. But since her panic attack a friend screens direct messages, blocking hateful comments. ‘Some slip through, but I cannot explain the difference screening has made to my mental health. My friend says she pities these people, they can’t be OK.’
Sophie is attempting to employ the same mindset. ‘I try not to look at their attacks as personal, but think so many people are fighting battles that we know nothing about and acting out can be a reflection of what’s going on in their lives. But sometimes I can’t help wondering if they have a heart. Why don’t they stop watching when they clearly can’t stand me? They could be doing more with their lives: spending it with their family, their friends, putting that effort into a career.’

Many people aspire to be the next Mrs Hinch; a survey showed 52 per cent of children would like to be a social-media star (just 13 per cent want to be a doctor or nurse). Sophie is shocked by this. ‘When I was at school people wanted to be a vet or a teacher. My niece is 12 and she wants to be a dance teacher, but if she’d ever said she wanted to be an influencer we’d be having a serious chat. She’s seen the darker side. I think it’s crucial we don’t let likes and followers and comments consume our children’s lives. They need to know they’re living their best lives right now. My life isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I advise anyone wishing to join this industry to make sure they do it with their eyes wide open, knowing exactly what they’re letting themselves in for. It can be really tough.’

So what was the outcome of Sophie’s visit to the GP? ‘I’m not ashamed to say that I was put on anti-depressants and they have taken some of the edge off during the day, but I still struggle at night – I’m not quite there yet,’ she says. ‘It’s important to talk to someone when you aren’t feeling yourself. Make sure you get the help you need. We wouldn’t think twice about going to see someone if we hurt our leg, but for some reason we don’t treat our heads the same. I’m proud of myself for going and I’m starting to feel better. People say to me, “Sophie, your positivity gets me through the day.” And those words keep me going. I want people to know that I’m not perfect. I never said I was. I’m just like everyone else.’

This Is Me by Mrs Hinch will be published by Michael Joseph on 1 October, £16.99
In one words BOLLOCKS!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Lemongrab

Chatty Member
Seen it all now. Zoflora eye bath lady has got someone to create “hinchopoly”. Nothing is off limits to these creatures is it
09DAF2CA-F486-4B33-9171-30FD25FAFC72.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
This 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I think we can be guilty sometimes of going on about things way too much. End of the day, all GPs are different, some are shit and can’t wait to get you out the room, others are more detailed. You can’t blame her for that one really. What I will say is that if she truly was anxious because of the life she’s created for herself, surely she would wrap it all up? She says that she’s lost her old life forever? Don’t mean to sound nasty Soph but you’re not worldwide famous. You’re barely UK famous so yes, you could easily slot back into your old life, you’re just addicted to this one - not anxious, addicted. ATV
Sorry I've got to disagree. One day everyone on this thread is welcomed with open arms to talk about their experiences. The next were told not to go on about it all day? If someone is triggered by something Hinch said in an interview then their allowed to discuss it on here. How much of a kick in the teeth is that to someone opening up about their MH and what happened to them at the GP to be told 'are we gonna go on about it all day?' Hinch saying it only took her a month to get pregnant triggered people who took a while to get pregnant, and it set off a load of comments about how it took them a while to get pregnant. Are you gonna say to them 'are we gonna go on about it all day?' I dont think so

• Heart
Reactions: 59

JamiesWillyHillBalance

I was distraught. Jamie came back and looked at me and said: ‘You’re acting crazy.’ He made me feel like I’d lost my marbles and I felt a huge rush of anger. ‘Don’t EVER use that word!’ I shouted. ‘I don’t know why I’m crying myself, Jamie! Let alone being in a position to explain it to you!’ I collapsed on the bed, my body heaving with sobs. He put his arms around me and apologised. I told him to read up on postnatal depression and mental health. And that’s exactly what he did.”

And yet in the podcast with SS he said he read up on PND on his own in preparation and she acted surprised saying “when did you do that?” 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Jenniet

VIP Member
Interview is out ↓↓↓

I honestly can't believe she's described as "this naturally withdrawn woman." She's clearly done a number on them, if thats how they see her?

Saying she wears rubber gloves even when she doesn't need to because we say her hands are disgusting. More like so she can get away with more pre records. 😂

When did we troll Ronnie about not having enough teeth 😂 Can anyone remember what was said that was "vile" when she was wrapping Ronnie's xmas presents? Because apparently it "sent her into a full-blown panic attack. ‘I was hysterical, struggling to breathe – it felt like I was dying,’ she says. ‘Everything was whizzing past at 1,000 miles an hour.'

Had to get Stacey in, didn't she! And what the fuck does she mean, she couldn't get her old life back even if she wanted to. Of course she could. She's got 5 mins of insta fame which compared to real fame from being a real celebrity with a talent, is nothing. She would be forgotten about within 5 mins and would be replaced by the next 'instagram star' who are ten a penny anyway, almost instantaneously.

How is she STILL claiming, she doesn't know it happened?! She approached them!!

This line has gave me the biggest laugh - "She refuses most freebies and turns down scores of invitations to events" which is just as well because the next bit, has me close to tears and feeling furious. I have had such a long, draining battle with my anxiety and mental health that for me personally, I think this statement is incredibly frustrating and irresponsible.
Recently, a GP told her several patients had come off their anxiety medication after becoming Hinchers (the name Sophie has given to her army of fans), because Sophie had helped them find a positive focus in cleaning. ‘She said, “If we could bottle you, we’d prescribe you,”’ Sophie says. ‘I still can’t get my head around it.’

So recently she said she was the only person with access and control to her instagram but now it's down to a friend to screen messages and hurtful comments!

I guess the only positive, is that at least she admits its ghost written!

I'm just pleased that we are all intelligent and astute enough to see through this interview and see it for what it is. Sadly though, because of its arse licking, Saint Soph can do no wrong, victim of trolls theme throughout, I think this is just going to spur the Hinchers on even more. Then will be frothing from their wide ons at this and be desperately clambering over each other to crawl up her arsehole with adoring, sympathetic, sycophant messages🤢

p.s. Sorry for such a long post 🙈
That section about her gp saying they wish they could bottle her is such bullshit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

adatay92

And here, in his natural habitat we have a 41 year old man dressed in a chav costume because he think it will make him look younger, when in fact he looks like a complete 🛎🔚

9F6792A4-FDE7-4CE7-8C19-CB19590F1F10.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58

#blessed

Am I the only one that thinks it’s completely normal to have a sleep deprived row with your husband and be a complete mess sobbing in to the bed when you have a newborn? She makes it sound so dramatic..

Reactions: 57

HinchesSousChef

VIP Member
Calling a bingo on the fact that she dropped Ronnie at Ma Barkers for a sleepover so that she and Jamie can bask in the glory of her You supplement interview.
In terms of content it will be a lot of gushing about the supplement and omg guys I can’t believe it - look what Jamie just went to the shops to buy omg it’s actually me wow guys etc etc.
a bit of engagement with followers; read more in my memwaaa swipe up
Then a day of the gram to rest before a “busy week” next week.
Thank you and goodnight.

• Sick
Reactions: 56

instacharlie

VIP Member
I think this alone, from the book, may alienate some groups of people. Married in the August and pregnant by the October is not classed as not happening straight away! Perhaps she doesn't realise that for some people it takes YEARS!!

"Jamie and I planned to start a family as soon as we were married, so when it didn’t happen straight away, I started to panic. I knew how much Jamie wanted to be a dad – what if I couldn’t give him the one thing I knew was so important? ....However, after being in hospital with a blood clot in my leg, we decided to put the baby plans on hold because of the stents I’d had fitted in my iliac vein. We were advised it wasn’t a good idea to get pregnant and so I put it to the back of my mind...But one evening in October, I went to my mum’s house for a cup of tea and she was oddly concerned about my behaviour. She looked me straight in the eye and said: ‘Do a pregnancy test, Soph.’ I laughed and told her I wasn’t pregnant because I’d just had my period. But when I got home, I couldn’t get what she’d said out of my head, so I got a test from the cabinet. A few minutes later I was staring at the word ‘pregnant’ on the screen. I couldn’t believe my mum knew before even I did!"
This💔
So she panicked because it didn't happen straight away? But they'd decided to put ttc on hold because of the blood clot? But she was pregnant within a couple of months anyway, so disregarded the fact that it wasn't a good idea to get pregnant?
If I was one of her moronic Hinchers who was struggling to conceive I'd be devastated to read that.
It still makes my stomach churn to read it, and my ttc days and babyloss days are long gone. She really has no clue about how hard life can get.

• Heart
Reactions: 56