Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HandmadeMama

Chatty Member
‘Being a mum is amazing, but terrifying!’ An exclusive extract from Mrs Hinch’s new book This is Me

Jamie and I planned to start a family as soon as we were married, so when it didn’t happen straight away, I started to panic. I knew how much Jamie wanted to be a dad – what if I couldn’t give him the one thing I knew was so important? I was waiting for something to go wrong, like I always do.

However, after being in hospital with a blood clot in my leg, we decided to put the baby plans on hold because of the stents I’d had fitted in my iliac vein. We were advised it wasn’t a good idea to get pregnant and so I put it to the back of my mind.
But one evening in October, I went to my mum’s house for a cup of tea and she was oddly concerned about my behaviour. She looked me straight in the eye and said: ‘Do a pregnancy test, Soph.’

I laughed and told her I wasn’t pregnant because I’d just had my period. But when I got home, I couldn’t get what she’d said out of my head, so I got a test from the cabinet. A few minutes later I was staring at the word ‘pregnant’ on the screen. I couldn’t believe my mum knew before even I did!
I handed Jamie the positive test. He looked at it and then burst into tears.

‘WE’RE HAVING A BABY!’ he cried.

It was the final stages when it went south.

I was seven months gone and had a rare day at home as it was bang in the middle of my book tour. I had this horrendous pain in my back and groin. I don’t know where it came from, but I fell to the floor in agony.

An ambulance took me to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, where I was kept in for three days. No one has ever given me an explanation. Maybe it was my bones moving preparing for the baby, but it felt like they were breaking. It was more painful than Ronnie’s actual birth.

I have to be thankful that happened, though, as while the doctors were investigating, they discovered another potentially more dangerous complication.

In 2011, I’d had a gastric band fitted that helped me lose eight stone, but also caused a series of issues. If I’d known how one operation would turn into such a nightmare, I would never have gone through with it.

By the time I was pregnant, the band had long been unclipped, but as Ronnie grew and my stomach got bigger, the band moved and caused what the doctors described as similar to a kink in a hosepipe. No food could go into my stomach and whatever nutrients were going in came from liquids. As a result, I was losing weight. I was getting hurtful comments at the time for appearing malnourished and thin, but people didn’t know what was really going on.

Ronnie was growing fine, and that was what I was most concerned about. I was the one who had been getting weaker.

We were told I would have to have an operation under general anaesthetic. The band was inactive, but needed to be moved. I was shaking out of fear and as I was being put to sleep, I held on to my stomach thinking: ‘Please, please, just let him be OK’.

When I woke, all I cared about was my baby. As the midwife tried to find his heartbeat, I’ll never forget the moment she said: ‘I can hear him. He’s there.’ I broke down. That was when I realised how being a mother is the most amazing, but terrifying, thing in the world.
I ended up staying in for ten days and had the general anaesthetic plus three blood transfusions without my followers knowing. People asked what was wrong, but I just said it was a check-up and we were fine. I knew there were people with worse to deal with.

For all the complications I had, my birth was absolutely textbook. I had my sister, my mum and Jamie in the room. There was no way I was having my baby without all three of them. For some reason, it was my sister who I needed the most. I was constantly looking for her and kept saying I couldn’t do it. ‘But Soph,’ she’d say, ‘you ARE doing it!’

After just two hours and a few excruciating pushes, Ronnie was born and they put him on my chest. After he was weighed and they brought him back, that’s the first time in my life I can say I felt really proud of myself. ‘They’re my boys,’ I thought. ‘My gorgeous boys.’ I couldn’t wait to start our new life together.

I want dads and mums to know there’s no shame in admitting you haven’t got a clue. Nobody does! All new parents have to start somewhere and learn together. Jamie found it hard accepting that for once he wasn’t able to make everything OK. He struggled being dropped in at the deep end. We both did.

I really wanted to give breastfeeding a go because I knew it had lots of benefits and was great for bonding. I tried to persevere, but my confidence was knocked when Ronnie lost weight and I felt like a complete failure. I kept doubting my ability. At least with the bottles I could see the amount he’d had and in my head that made things better.

After a few weeks, the health visitor told me it was OK to stop breastfeeding. It was like she was giving me permission and that was what I needed. A weight had been lifted. But the mental situation I was finding myself in was far greater than just one issue and I was starting to seriously struggle.

Before you give birth, you imagine being in this magical bubble, but the truth is you’re on edge and exhausted and a newborn changes everything. Add in the raging hormones, anxiety and recovering from labour, and I definitely lost myself for a while.

I felt like a different person. And then I’d hear Ronnie’s cry and think: ‘That’s my baby.

I can’t believe that’s my baby.’ It was as if it was all happening to someone else.

I’d hesitate before labelling what I went through as postnatal depression, but I showed a lot of signs. I felt guilty for feeling so down when I should have been happy and grateful to have a healthy baby. Ronnie was a very much wanted baby, so why couldn’t I lift myself out of this lowness I was feeling?

I found myself waking up with my stomach feeling like it had dropped. I couldn’t manage everyday routine. Ronnie started refusing milk and I told myself it was because I was feeding it to him. I looked in his eyes and felt I wasn’t making him happy. It broke my heart.

I love Ronnie so much, but knowing his survival depended on me was huge pressure. I couldn’t help worrying that he could have a better life if it wasn’t me who was his mummy.

Looking back, I know now those thoughts were irrational, but I was on a hormonal rollercoaster and I couldn’t help it. Jamie struggled to understand. But words couldn’t help. You can’t just snap out of it. The midwife came to see me, and I poured my heart out. I felt better for having spoken about it so I left it, thinking everything would be OK. But after a couple of days I started spiralling.

I just wanted to go back to feeling like my old self. I couldn’t imagine feeling relaxed again. Is he sleeping OK? Does he need feeding? Is his nappy changed? Is he too hot? Too cold? You feel like for the rest of your life you’re going to be anxious and it’s exhausting.

It was putting a strain on my relationship. Things came to a head when Ronnie was eight weeks old. I think the two-month mark is where it hits you: this is real life now, no going back. Jamie had taken our dog Henry out for a walk while I was trying to get Ronnie to sleep. I found myself crying uncontrollably.

I was distraught. Jamie came back and looked at me and said: ‘You’re acting crazy.’ He made me feel like I’d lost my marbles and I felt a huge rush of anger. ‘Don’t EVER use that word!’ I shouted. ‘I don’t know why I’m crying myself, Jamie! Let alone being in a position to explain it to you!’ I collapsed on the bed, my body heaving with sobs. He put his arms around me and apologised. I told him to read up on postnatal depression and mental health. And that’s exactly what he did.

Jamie started to understand how seriously this was affecting me and that I couldn’t control how I was feeling. And once I felt he understood, I started to feel more relaxed and supported. We started to talk honestly about how we were feeling. We had been trying without any success to get Ronnie into a routine, but I found it was putting more pressure on an already stressful situation. For us it worked better to let it happen naturally. Ronnie found his own routine. We all did. When I accepted that I wasn’t failing when something didn’t go according to ‘The Plan’, that’s when I could enjoy things more.

Everyone is different, all babies are different. I’d tell myself: ‘He’s OK and he loves you.’ The more I said it, the more I believed it.

To all the people bringing up little ones, I’d like to say: it’s OK to have good and bad days. It’s normal to feel like you’re getting it wrong. Don’t feel guilty if you’re finding it tough. We all do. You’re never alone, so talk about how you’re feeling, ask for support and don’t be too proud to accept help. Take advice from trusted sources – your mum, your best

friend, your health visitor – and ignore the busybodies who will say you’re doing it wrong. Mothers are warriors and we’ve got this. We are all enough, exactly as we are.
The part where Ronnie is 2 months old and Jamie said she was acting crazy. She talks about how she told Jamie to read up on postnatal depression and he did. That doesn’t add up to me. On SS podcast last year Jamie said that before Ronnie was born, he read up on PND because a friend told him he should.

Who’s the liar?

Reactions: 46

AllieBee

VIP Member
That hincher who said the Mail had all sold out and the newsagent told her it was because of Hinch. Well just stopped off at my local newsagent to pick up some bread. Huge pile of Mails there. Said to the woman behind the counter 'which paper is the Mrs Hinch supplement in today?' She said 'Mrs Who? I said Hinch. She said ' oh not sure you will have to go and have a look, I dont know who she is'. So I said I would leave it, paid for my bread and left. Famous only in the Insta world clearly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

InstaFamous

It’s strange how “crippling anxiety” manifests as eye-fucking the camera scantily clad in a photoshoot for a national paper.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

shadyessex33

VIP Member
She is going to be even more insufferable today now her little propaganda article is out. Nice to see she has kept with the lying theme though 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Hiyaguys

VIP Member
Wow Sophie has given the world hinching, the new cure for anxiety. She’s just like Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

AllTheVestGuys

Another Instagram cleaning influencer that’s an army member today did a video stating do not do hauls, live within your means, buy what you need etc we don’t know what’s around the corner... I feel she’s un-hinching 👏🏻

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I'm bowing out of Tattle for the night guys. I've just made fajitas for tea for me and my fella and we have a LOT of Corrie to catch up on.

There's been a lot of stories shared today from different ranges of personal experiences! Each and every one of you who has opened up is very brave and 1000 x the person Hinch is. If any of you ever need a chat, I'm always here to listen! We all may be pastry trolls but we're all here for each other and its lovely to see 🤗 All the vest guys x

• Heart

Cucumber and eggs

VIP Member
Take him to see father christmas? Christmas is cancelled you absolute bellend, a potential second wave is on its way, but I suppose if your an influencer the rules dont count

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Pergola

VIP Member
So Hinch has struggled and life as a parent hasn't been easy for her. There are thousands of new parents in exactly that position. A positive move would have been to be honest and show the days that didn't go well, show that parenthood isn't all sunbeams and rainbows and that sometimes its the hardest job in the world.

But no, Sophie only shows the perfect life, with the perfect home and the perfect family to her 3 million followers.
And then she wonders why she gets called fake 🤦‍♀️
Sadly.....this young, very immature lady has not yet suffered any really serious misfortunes that happen in life, happen to her?
I am not going to bore everyone with my story and I know some may remember it from previously but I will just say that "loss" is the biggest misfortune you will ever suffer...the loss of your partner, baby, parents, family....you will fall to the lowest depths but become stronger when you have to carry on for those left around you.....relying on you!
The one thing you WILL NOT do is to write a book to make even more money....we all have a story to tell but those who do may have children and you must consider the impact of that child's grown up life when "this is me" is what you leave behind!

• Heart

shadyessex33

VIP Member
Back at the parents AGAIN!!! Fucking hell, have a day off. I love how she goes on about her Mum being this amazing cook. That breakfast looked rank 😂

• Haha

Dwj

Lovely Tattlers the time has come for me to bale out, I can only take Hinch in small bursts and I know when my right eye starts twitching that I have reached my limit.
There is no way I could get through the Memwahhh and survive.
This latest burst has been fun but when the fun stops. STOP. as they say on all the best gambling sites.
What has finished me off today is after this article about her MH struggles ect shes gleefully gone out looking for attention.
I can honestly say I cant wait for her fucking (sorry @fannysjohnny ) downfall.
Also the carry on with PB. I despair of the whole influencer culture. If I didn't have to use Social Media for my business I would come off it.
I shall return for another burst when my eye has stopped twitching :)
ATV you fabulous Pastry Trolls
I may be joining you. All this TTC chat has me pretty much heartbroken. Along with the mental health stuff and GP comments/debates. I am harbouring my own heartache on the TTC front and I have had awful experiences with the NHS when it comes to mental health. Only now I know what is damaging and triggering and what I don’t want to read about so I may not be here for a wee while. I am also too angry at Mrs H and her antics to put into words. I may even block her 😂 I don’t need to see her triggering behaviour for a while and I should really be “spending time with my beautiful family”, whatever shape that takes.

Love to all see you in a bit ATV x

• Heart
  • Sad

Not fussed

Chatty Member
Of course perfect Sophie Rose would only need a few pushes to birth her second born. Bet she didn't shit herself either

Try 3 hours pushing love with the midwives fishing your shite out the pool

Also how has she managed 3 birth partners? Did she go private? Thought you were allowed 2 pre covid?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Justanorthernlass

VIP Member
You know what!
The stories ive read on here are lovely, even tho some are hard for read, the support you guys show to people that need it, is really nice to see and needed by most.

The "here to chat anytime" comments & the support is what the world needs. Yes we have a moan, a little bitch about our Sophie Rose (it's needed as she can't help herself) but we generally have time for people. I wish the sheep could see this.

I'm for one grateful. So thanks tattlers for making me laugh when I've wanted to cry. For making me feel normal when mrshinch made me feel alone and in adequate.
Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 41

allforthegram

VIP Member
Well that vomit fest I’ve just read did exactly what we all thought ...

poor little soph from maldonia,it’s just me against the world. I’ve cured people because of hinching. I never do anything wrong and everyone’s horrible. The bit that got me is ‘they should focus on a career’ hun we all have careers, whilst we may not be rolling in millions we are so much more successful.
ATV maybe put the phone down today if you’re that fragile... tattles gonna be lit 🔥

Reactions: 40

Amibovvered

VIP Member
‘Being a mum is amazing, but terrifying!’ An exclusive extract from Mrs Hinch’s new book This is Me

Jamie and I planned to start a family as soon as we were married, so when it didn’t happen straight away, I started to panic. I knew how much Jamie wanted to be a dad – what if I couldn’t give him the one thing I knew was so important? I was waiting for something to go wrong, like I always do.

However, after being in hospital with a blood clot in my leg, we decided to put the baby plans on hold because of the stents I’d had fitted in my iliac vein. We were advised it wasn’t a good idea to get pregnant and so I put it to the back of my mind.
But one evening in October, I went to my mum’s house for a cup of tea and she was oddly concerned about my behaviour. She looked me straight in the eye and said: ‘Do a pregnancy test, Soph.’

I laughed and told her I wasn’t pregnant because I’d just had my period. But when I got home, I couldn’t get what she’d said out of my head, so I got a test from the cabinet. A few minutes later I was staring at the word ‘pregnant’ on the screen. I couldn’t believe my mum knew before even I did!
I handed Jamie the positive test. He looked at it and then burst into tears.

‘WE’RE HAVING A BABY!’ he cried.

It was the final stages when it went south.

I was seven months gone and had a rare day at home as it was bang in the middle of my book tour. I had this horrendous pain in my back and groin. I don’t know where it came from, but I fell to the floor in agony.

An ambulance took me to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, where I was kept in for three days. No one has ever given me an explanation. Maybe it was my bones moving preparing for the baby, but it felt like they were breaking. It was more painful than Ronnie’s actual birth.

I have to be thankful that happened, though, as while the doctors were investigating, they discovered another potentially more dangerous complication.

In 2011, I’d had a gastric band fitted that helped me lose eight stone, but also caused a series of issues. If I’d known how one operation would turn into such a nightmare, I would never have gone through with it.

By the time I was pregnant, the band had long been unclipped, but as Ronnie grew and my stomach got bigger, the band moved and caused what the doctors described as similar to a kink in a hosepipe. No food could go into my stomach and whatever nutrients were going in came from liquids. As a result, I was losing weight. I was getting hurtful comments at the time for appearing malnourished and thin, but people didn’t know what was really going on.

Ronnie was growing fine, and that was what I was most concerned about. I was the one who had been getting weaker.

We were told I would have to have an operation under general anaesthetic. The band was inactive, but needed to be moved. I was shaking out of fear and as I was being put to sleep, I held on to my stomach thinking: ‘Please, please, just let him be OK’.

When I woke, all I cared about was my baby. As the midwife tried to find his heartbeat, I’ll never forget the moment she said: ‘I can hear him. He’s there.’ I broke down. That was when I realised how being a mother is the most amazing, but terrifying, thing in the world.
I ended up staying in for ten days and had the general anaesthetic plus three blood transfusions without my followers knowing. People asked what was wrong, but I just said it was a check-up and we were fine. I knew there were people with worse to deal with.

For all the complications I had, my birth was absolutely textbook. I had my sister, my mum and Jamie in the room. There was no way I was having my baby without all three of them. For some reason, it was my sister who I needed the most. I was constantly looking for her and kept saying I couldn’t do it. ‘But Soph,’ she’d say, ‘you ARE doing it!’

After just two hours and a few excruciating pushes, Ronnie was born and they put him on my chest. After he was weighed and they brought him back, that’s the first time in my life I can say I felt really proud of myself. ‘They’re my boys,’ I thought. ‘My gorgeous boys.’ I couldn’t wait to start our new life together.

I want dads and mums to know there’s no shame in admitting you haven’t got a clue. Nobody does! All new parents have to start somewhere and learn together. Jamie found it hard accepting that for once he wasn’t able to make everything OK. He struggled being dropped in at the deep end. We both did.

I really wanted to give breastfeeding a go because I knew it had lots of benefits and was great for bonding. I tried to persevere, but my confidence was knocked when Ronnie lost weight and I felt like a complete failure. I kept doubting my ability. At least with the bottles I could see the amount he’d had and in my head that made things better.

After a few weeks, the health visitor told me it was OK to stop breastfeeding. It was like she was giving me permission and that was what I needed. A weight had been lifted. But the mental situation I was finding myself in was far greater than just one issue and I was starting to seriously struggle.

Before you give birth, you imagine being in this magical bubble, but the truth is you’re on edge and exhausted and a newborn changes everything. Add in the raging hormones, anxiety and recovering from labour, and I definitely lost myself for a while.

I felt like a different person. And then I’d hear Ronnie’s cry and think: ‘That’s my baby.

I can’t believe that’s my baby.’ It was as if it was all happening to someone else.

I’d hesitate before labelling what I went through as postnatal depression, but I showed a lot of signs. I felt guilty for feeling so down when I should have been happy and grateful to have a healthy baby. Ronnie was a very much wanted baby, so why couldn’t I lift myself out of this lowness I was feeling?

I found myself waking up with my stomach feeling like it had dropped. I couldn’t manage everyday routine. Ronnie started refusing milk and I told myself it was because I was feeding it to him. I looked in his eyes and felt I wasn’t making him happy. It broke my heart.

I love Ronnie so much, but knowing his survival depended on me was huge pressure. I couldn’t help worrying that he could have a better life if it wasn’t me who was his mummy.

Looking back, I know now those thoughts were irrational, but I was on a hormonal rollercoaster and I couldn’t help it. Jamie struggled to understand. But words couldn’t help. You can’t just snap out of it. The midwife came to see me, and I poured my heart out. I felt better for having spoken about it so I left it, thinking everything would be OK. But after a couple of days I started spiralling.

I just wanted to go back to feeling like my old self. I couldn’t imagine feeling relaxed again. Is he sleeping OK? Does he need feeding? Is his nappy changed? Is he too hot? Too cold? You feel like for the rest of your life you’re going to be anxious and it’s exhausting.

It was putting a strain on my relationship. Things came to a head when Ronnie was eight weeks old. I think the two-month mark is where it hits you: this is real life now, no going back. Jamie had taken our dog Henry out for a walk while I was trying to get Ronnie to sleep. I found myself crying uncontrollably.

I was distraught. Jamie came back and looked at me and said: ‘You’re acting crazy.’ He made me feel like I’d lost my marbles and I felt a huge rush of anger. ‘Don’t EVER use that word!’ I shouted. ‘I don’t know why I’m crying myself, Jamie! Let alone being in a position to explain it to you!’ I collapsed on the bed, my body heaving with sobs. He put his arms around me and apologised. I told him to read up on postnatal depression and mental health. And that’s exactly what he did.

Jamie started to understand how seriously this was affecting me and that I couldn’t control how I was feeling. And once I felt he understood, I started to feel more relaxed and supported. We started to talk honestly about how we were feeling. We had been trying without any success to get Ronnie into a routine, but I found it was putting more pressure on an already stressful situation. For us it worked better to let it happen naturally. Ronnie found his own routine. We all did. When I accepted that I wasn’t failing when something didn’t go according to ‘The Plan’, that’s when I could enjoy things more.

Everyone is different, all babies are different. I’d tell myself: ‘He’s OK and he loves you.’ The more I said it, the more I believed it.

To all the people bringing up little ones, I’d like to say: it’s OK to have good and bad days. It’s normal to feel like you’re getting it wrong. Don’t feel guilty if you’re finding it tough. We all do. You’re never alone, so talk about how you’re feeling, ask for support and don’t be too proud to accept help. Take advice from trusted sources – your mum, your best

friend, your health visitor – and ignore the busybodies who will say you’re doing it wrong. Mothers are warriors and we’ve got this. We are all enough, exactly as we are.
And now you can see she had a ghost writer....she couldn’t have made this all feel like you are reading a fictitious load of twaddle. The woman who wrote this is an author, all she’s done is made up and exaggerated everything to make poor old Soph look like she’s been through the mill. Just shut up you cretin...half of it obviously never happened 🙄

Reactions: 40

HannahF

Sophie/Mrs Hinch - whatever you like being called. As you claim not to read this site but clearly do. I have a few things for you to read and hope to god you use your “social power/cult” for your fans and make you worth while and will also make us lot probably be a lil nicer.

Please explain to your cult why you stopped spraying diluted lenor detergent around your house - we on here Know its a fire risk but until i saw it mentioned in this page i was unaware and stupidly doing it. I only stopped as i made my husband slip on our floors and then realised you never do it anymore. If i had known this, i would of never done it or recommended it to people

Explain why you no longer advertise Zoflora and do a serious post about what you shouldnt do with the product. Seeing as a cult member got some in her eyes but you never mention this

please make genuine and honest donations to food banks without having to advertise it. As the saying is “if its not on insta did it really happen” You should use your powers and connections and raise money and give real donations to places especially during these hard times without they “hey look at me”Giving away free pastry is not a helpful donation. When you do your lil “hinch hauls” By 2/3x and donate the extras. Give away extra xmas decor/ your babies items to shelters for women of domestic violence and childrens homes

Explain why you shouldnt leave candles and wax melts unattended and not to use flammable liquids like Zoflora on them

Make true awareness of mental health and pnd. Not a sob story to sell your book. People will relate more to you when you show your trueself and show you dont need to hide. Maybe give advice how you copped with pnd and provide links and useful contacts. So people realise everyone isnt perfect and its ok not to be ok. Maybe use this as one of your charities. Do a sponsored run or donate items for these charities

• Heart
Reactions: 39