Mrs Hinch #13 The book’s a hit despite being tom tit, signing to gleam was all part of the scheme

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not exactly Mrs Grinch related, but there seems to be this assumption that if you like cleaning and you do clean then you must be a stay at home mum or be uneducated or on a low income job or on benefits. I think it's a bit unfair. I get what the journalist meant but I don't think I agree with her. On the other hand, I'm not a feminist.

Reactions: 10
Not exactly Mrs Grinch related, but there seems to be this assumption that if you like cleaning and you do clean then you must be a stay at home mum or be uneducated or on a low income job or on benefits. I think it's a bit unfair. I get what the journalist meant but I don't think I agree with her. On the other hand, I'm not a feminist.
I'm not sure it's class related. I think it is more the entry price to the club is cheap. Buy 5 zofloras and a tit sponge and you're one of us. It's tribal and gives people a sense of belonging to the cool girls club

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
👋 Hi all. I’m new here. Found this while searching to see if there was anyone else offended by her environmental impact and complete lack of any awareness of the issues.

Then I just saw this on her story! Is she for real?!?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I'm not sure it's class related. I think it is more the entry price to the club is cheap. Buy 5 zofloras and a tit sponge and you're one of us. It's tribal and gives people a sense of belonging to the cool girls club
I do see a trend of lower-class women, as well as those who seem to have mental health problems, are lonely, and a little uneducated. The questions some of them ask on FB are worrying. I don't know how they survived before Mrs Hinch / her group. They are very co-dependent and I hope that one day they wake up.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
👋 Hi all. I’m new here. Found this while searching to see if there was anyone else offended by her environmental impact and complete lack of any awareness of her issues.

Then I just saw this on her story! Is she for real?!?

View attachment 10517
This isn’t the orignial charity she started this for. I’m sure it was something to do with women’s health but I think she changed it due to her pregnancy.

Reactions: 3
You don’t think women should have equal rights to men?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I do see a trend of lower-class women, as well as those who seem to have mental health problems, are lonely, and a little uneducated. The questions some of them ask on FB are worrying. I don't know how they survived before Mrs Hinch / her group. They are very co-dependent and I hope that one day they wake up.
With all due respect, you are talking tit.
I have severe MH issues, I haven't left my house for 18 months, I have GAD, bipolar and bpd. I am lower class, as in never went to uni, I trained on the job back in the 80s I have been a sahm and I've also worked pt.
I am not a Hincher, I've never been a Hincher and I don't know anyone in rl who is.

Don't sneer at people for following her, they'll see the light eventually. And as for the not a feminist statement... 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Guys, I really need help. I’m so worried and embarrassed. I cannot tell the difference between a book and a jealous person.

Any advice appreciated.
Mate. Maybe some zoflora could help? Just pop one capful in your ear.....

Reactions: 3
Well lm sure that comment has gone down well with her hinchers “lm getting more nervous now, I know lm only meeting you guys, oh dear soph you could have worded that a bit better :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Serious post now, I know I've been taking the piss out of hinchers posts but there is an underlying area of concern. Apart from the financial angle and the damage to the planet, as if that wasn't nt enough, there's a real dependency issue here. Women are believing everything she says and buying stuff to be like her. They need her as a friend and they think hoarding minkys and zoflora will create a bond with her and they'll be members of the 'in' crowd. They belong to something, they're hinchers - part of en elite family. I'm not judging. This is exactly where I was a short time ago. Suffering from depression, feeling lonely and isolated I needed to belong and when I spent money I didn't have on cleaning stuff I didn't need I was part of something. I had friends and family - with Sophie at the top of the tree, the best friend I could have. And if I carried on copying her my house would be like hers, my marriage would too. It is such a cult and preys on the vulnerable.

So the point of this rambling essay is the crash that's gonna come. When I resigned my membership of Hinchers United I felt lost. People on here were great but it wasn't the same. I genuinely missed her, missed hinching - I know this sounds crazy but that's how it was. I'm getting better now and dealing with the disappointment but when the bubble bursts there's gonna be several hundred women who are going to feel lost and let down.

And when I look at the Facebook page and laugh at the crazy posts like these two, on another level I genuinely worry for how people will deal with what's around the corner.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.