Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fantastic show; exaggerated reality is so funny and that's this show's selling point.

Someone up-thread mentions Holly Walsh's other show "The Other One" and I would also hugely recommend this.

Reactions: 7
I just watched the first series yesterday and thought it was brilliant!

I've only just watched it even though I had heard good things over the years.

I think what's happening is that over lockdown and there being a lack of new programmes being made people are seeking out different stuff online. That's what I've been doing. That's how I finally got to watch Schitt's Creek.

Motherland is fabulous though. I don't think there's a bad character in it. They also do pathos very well.

I just want to take Kevin under my wing 🤗

Reactions: 10
Fantastic show; exaggerated reality is so funny and that's this show's selling point.

Someone up-thread mentions Holly Walsh's other show "The Other One" and I would also hugely recommend this.
Agreed! The Other One was brilliant too!

Reactions: 2
Just started watching Motherland and I’m addicted! Anyone know how I can watch the Christmas special? I can’t see it on iplayer

Ohh where can I watch the other one? The guy who plays Kevin was in The Terror and was bloody brilliant. If you’ve got a strong stomach and are not easily scared watch it. It’s set in Victorian times and is about sailors who get stuck in the Arctic.

Reactions: 3
Ohh where can I watch the other one? The guy who plays Kevin was in The Terror and was bloody brilliant. If you’ve got a strong stomach and are not easily scared watch it. It’s set in Victorian times and is about sailors who get stuck in the Arctic.
It’s on Iplayer too! 🙂

Just realised I’ve watched the other one already. It’s another excellent female led comedy.

And when she falls down the stairs on the bus ha ha ha
I rewatched series 2 today and burst out laughing (again) at that bit.

Well then, there's only one thing for it - start rewatching them!

Did anyone watch The Other One? It was another series on the BBC written by Holly Walsh. It was hilarious! It ended on a cliffhanger so I hope there'll be a second series.
I loved The Other One

Reactions: 2
I’ve put this on. Am I going to be watching it through my fingers?! 😂

I saw 'Kevin' in The Terror before I saw him in Motherland.

I’ve put this on. Am I going to be watching it through my fingers?! 😂
Some of it's quite graphic but I really enjoyed it.

Well then, there's only one thing for it - start rewatching them!

Did anyone watch The Other One? It was another series on the BBC written by Holly Walsh. It was hilarious! It ended on a cliffhanger so I hope there'll be a second series.
Thanks for mentioning The Other One, I watched over the weekend. Was so good!

• Heart
Reactions: 6