Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there is definitely a storyline for another series. I don't know how to put a spoiler so won't say in relation to what!
you could put your prediction under a spoiler here so it is not revealed immediately (not sure how though!)

Reactions: 1
you could put your prediction under a spoiler here so it is not revealed immediately (not sure how though!)
Yeah I don't know either! But you totally get where I am going!

Yeah I don't know either! But you totally get where I am going!
hopefully there won't be such a huge gap between series again if they do! I might re watch the first and second again, now I have finished motherland and superstore both of my cheer up light hearted watches are gone!

Reactions: 3
hopefully there won't be such a huge gap between series again if they do! I might re watch the first and second again, now I have finished motherland and superstore both of my cheer up light hearted watches are gone!
I attempted Superstore but couldn't get into it. Might try again

I attempted Superstore but couldn't get into it. Might try again
it is not the best show on earth (of course) but it is entertaining, I found all of the characters funny except for the main two - amy and jonah who just annoyed me. it does get better as it goes on imo

Reactions: 4
So much to explore . Kids getting older . Different relationships . Change of group dynamics . I still Want to see Gill . Was kind of imagining who could play her ?

Reactions: 8
So much to explore . Kids getting older . Different relationships . Change of group dynamics . I still Want to see Gill . Was kind of imagining who could play her ?
Paul Ready said in a previous article his real life wife could play her ...

"Speaking to Radio Times, he said: “I was saying this to someone the other day, each time a series airs and I’m walking down the road with my wife, she’s always saying, ‘They think I’m Jill.’ So maybe my wife could play Jill."

I'm not sure how I picture Jill. 🤔

I think it's probably best at this stage we never see her. Everyone will have their own imagine as to how she should look.

We started it again from series one last night. Its so bloody good!!!!!!!

it is not the best show on earth (of course) but it is entertaining, I found all of the characters funny except for the main two - amy and jonah who just annoyed me. it does get better as it goes on imo
Yeah im on series 2 almost 3 and actually really like it when I thought I'd hate it 😂

I’m watching the other one after suggestions on this thread, it’s a nice watch.
The part where she sees her therapist out.... is why I don’t go out in the town where I counsel 😂

This just reminded me of Outnumbered - I loved that series! It was great how they kept the same child actors.

This just reminded me of Outnumbered - I loved that series! It was great how they kept the same child actors.
One thing I like about this show is that they use the children really well. As the kids in Outnumbered got older I felt it lost its appeal and became a bit cringey, and I find the scenes with the kids in Not Going Out a bit forced and awkward.

I like how we see and hear the kids when we need to but they aren't front and centre of every episode.

Reactions: 11
Love Motherland, it has been great entertainment during night feeds/wakes.

The episode no mum left behind is my favourite.

also Kevin screaming when reversing makes me LOL everytime

Reactions: 13
Love Motherland, it has been great entertainment during night feeds/wakes.

The episode no mum left behind is my favourite.

also Kevin screaming when reversing makes me LOL everytime
I spate my wine out when he did that. :LOL:

I've finished all of series 3 last night. Brilliant series. I can see why people would think it was the last one but they've just given themselves options. If they make no more it's wrapped up but they could easily do more. Definitely could do a special.

Sounds like it's a bit of a sleeper that's growing every series. A bit like Gavin and Stacey.

Reactions: 6
I had a Kevin reversing experience a few years back. I was driving up an ever-narrowing country lane the sat nav had misguided me on to. I was deep into a forest and met a tractor coming the other way. I had to reverse for bleeping miles (may be exaggerating a bit). I was driving my other half’s car. It was a convertible Volvo sports thing, low and heavy as duck. Once the tractor passed I got out the car and barfed. I don’t do well going the wrong way.

That episode brought me back.

• Haha
Reactions: 11