Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOVE this.....has anyone watched The Let Down on Netflix? Quite similar but Aussie.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm pretty sure I'm not the intended audience for this (childless student) but my mum got me into Motherland. I cackled at the scene with the mulled wine in the bedroom, and I basically love anything with Diane Morgan in. I really like the cast in general.

Reactions: 13
I love motherland!! Have watched the 1st series so many times. Loved the Christmas special, watched it twice!! Got my mum into it as well.

Reactions: 2
I love motherland!! Have watched the 1st series so many times. Loved the Christmas special, watched it twice!! Got my mum into it as well.
i hate watch Motherland because it reminds me of my lost years in North London Nappy Valley. This is like a documentary 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m not the audience for it at all, since I’m childfree, but I bloody love it! I also loved The Letdown. Both fantastic shows.

I cried laughing at Amanda’s harmonizing when they were painting in the Christmas special 😂 I adore Lucy Punch, she’s brilliant.

Also fun fact for any fellow childfree Motherland fans - Diane Morgan is also childfree by choice and says being in Motherland just cements her choice 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
New series started. They've gone full Covid, without the covid, instead it's a nit pandemic. Comb > shampoo > comb just doesn't have the same ring to it as hand > face > space.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
New series started. They've gone full Covid, without the covid, instead it's a nit pandemic. Comb > shampoo > comb just doesn't have the same ring to it as hand > face > space.
I thought it was inspired! Can’t wait to watch this season

My favourite bit was when Amanda thought Anne used to work for Greggs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Just watched the 5 episodes of series 3, not sure if that is all of series 3, on BBC iplayer and loved it! Huge fan of this show so happy to have some new episodes to watch!

Reactions: 7
I thought it was inspired! Can’t wait to watch this season

My favourite bit was when Amanda thought Anne used to work for Greggs
Yeah, it was a great bit of misdirection, and totally believable for the middle class mums it presents.

I love that Anne used to be Global Development Manager for GlaxoSmithKline or whatever job title it was.

Reactions: 16
Love love this series! I liked the bit where Kevin said he called the police on himself for locking Gill in the attack 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I died at the Greggs bit. Anne is my favourite.

“what’s the female equivalent of a man cave?”
“panic room?”

😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Just finished the new series, loved it. Julia is just like how my mum was when I was at school. We laugh about it with my sisters all the time. She’s much more relaxed now we’re all adults 😂

Reactions: 3