Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm another viewer who's new to Motherland and absolutely loving it. My eldest started school last year so the whole thing is incredibly relevant to my life right now.

I feel like I love and hate Julia in equal measure.... I love that she's the imperfect mum who runs in late almost every day, tries to juggle so much and can sympathise with the frustrating situations she lands herself in. But I hate how mean she is to her mum. I get that it's infuriating seeing your retired mum having a leisurely life while you struggle through every single day (my in laws refuse to help us with kids unless it's an emergency - "no one helped us, we had to manage on our own", so that means we don't get help and we have to manage on our own, nice logic) but she really is such a witch to her mum! My own mum would consider me not too old for a clip round the ear if I spoke to her like Julia speaks to her mum. However, I am definitely more like Julia and I wish I could be more like Liz with no filter and not giving a f*ck. And I LOVE Kevin.
I don't think she was meant to be likeable tbh, she is horrible with all of her friends too

Reactions: 1
I don’t think anyone knows, I’m afraid. It seems to be completely unavailable considering how many times it’s been asked (I don’t mean that nastily - ask away! Just nobody seems to have an answer).
Sorry, It probably has been asked loads. I haven't read through the thread properly yet as I didn't want to read any spoilers but all caught up now. I am sure I can maybe fall down a rabbit hole online and come across it if I'm lucky haha.

Sorry, It probably has been asked loads. I haven't read through the thread properly yet as I didn't want to read any spoilers but all caught up now. I am sure I can maybe fall down a rabbit hole online and come across it if I'm lucky haha.
I recorded it at Christmas and never got round to deleting it, so I've managed to watch it again. I've not come across it anywhere online.

No need to apologise! Hope you find it:)

I recorded it at Christmas and never got round to deleting it, so I've managed to watch it again. I've not come across it anywhere online.
I did the same! So have watched it a few times. It's a shame they've not put it on line anywhere.

Hoping they air it at some stage or upload it somewhere, i only started watching it last weekend after seeing it on netflix and thought it was brilliant. always late to the party me :)

No need to apologise! Hope you find it:)
Thank you, i will have a look tonight and if i do i will post the link here :)

Reactions: 2
Hoping they air it at some stage or upload it somewhere, i only started watching it last weekend after seeing it on netflix and thought it was brilliant. always late to the party me :)

Thank you, i will have a look tonight and if i do i will post the link here :)
It would be a shame if they don't, it was a good episode. I'm quite new to it too, I'd seen the odd episode then saw the Christmas special which prompted me to look up the full series. I was watching series 3 live but gave in and watched the last 2 episodes last night!

Let us know if you find it! 🙏

• Heart
I'm another viewer who's new to Motherland and absolutely loving it. My eldest started school last year so the whole thing is incredibly relevant to my life right now.

I feel like I love and hate Julia in equal measure.... I love that she's the imperfect mum who runs in late almost every day, tries to juggle so much and can sympathise with the frustrating situations she lands herself in. But I hate how mean she is to her mum. I get that it's infuriating seeing your retired mum having a leisurely life while you struggle through every single day (my in laws refuse to help us with kids unless it's an emergency - "no one helped us, we had to manage on our own", so that means we don't get help and we have to manage on our own, nice logic) but she really is such a witch to her mum! My own mum would consider me not too old for a clip round the ear if I spoke to her like Julia speaks to her mum. However, I am definitely more like Julia and I wish I could be more like Liz with no filter and not giving a f*ck. And I LOVE Kevin.
I’m sympathetic to Julia having to deal with her busy life and a hands off Husband but MY GOD🙀🙀 her lack of organisation drives me up the wall!, let’s face it , Paul gives no tosses and it does fall to her once her Mum puts her foot down.

When mine were little I was organised ( still am😂) to the point of being neurotic ; early to everything, school shoes and uniform bought and labelled by mid August, up dressed and ready to go before the kids even woke up.

I know , neurotic.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hands up if anyone heard about Holby City being cancelled thought about the halloween episode 😅 hope not just me

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m a late starter to Motherland but have now binge watched it all. I didn’t want it to end! All the characters are brilliant - the school secretary who always seems to have it in for ‘Ivy’s mum’ 😂. So many great moments - Amanda and Meg trying to get the last place at an after school club. The secretary says ‘she’s got cancer!’ to Amanda, who replies ‘I know, she never stops going on about it!’
Brilliant writing. Hope there’s another series.
I love Kevin too 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have just watched the last 2 episodes .I have been rationing it. So many great moments. Natalie Cassidy as the teaching assistant vomming in the paper bag. Amanda and Kevin getting it on. When julia said who would shag Kev and Anna said well I’ve fantasied about rubbing myself in his black hairs!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm usually not great with comedies, I often struggle to get humour so I'd never watched it but a friend recommended it so I gave it a try and loved it. So many properly laugh out loud moments 🤣

I've got 3 children, have been all the way through primary with 1 and have 2 still there so it did feel very relevant to my life!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just binged all of this and loved it! Gave me a lot of much needed laugh lit loud moments.

Actually reading this thread...I laughed again at all the bits you’ve quoted!

Love Kevin but he would drive me nuts if I knew him in real life. Amanda was hilarious and cringe. I lived ever character actually! And yes, I fancied Julia’s husband too. Prick!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just watched Episode 1 of Series 2, the one with the flamboyant new school mum. Every time she instructed her Alexa to do something, ours would also go off😂😂 Did this happen with anyone else?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just watched Episode 1 of Series 2, the one with the flamboyant new school mum. Every time she instructed her Alexa to do something, ours would also go off😂😂 Did this happen with anyone else?!
Yes!

First time round I watched it we didn’t have an Alexa.

• Haha