Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not able to watch on the player (not in the UK) but I've found one episode online (S3E1), am I allowed to post a link here? Its just the first episode but maybe others will be uploaded in time, its where I managed to watch the previous series before they were on netflix.

Just watched Episode 1 of Series 2, the one with the flamboyant new school mum. Every time she instructed her Alexa to do something, ours would also go off😂😂 Did this happen with anyone else?!
Yeah mine did this!

The worst though is Schitt’s Creek. My Alexa goes off everytime someone says “Alexis”!!

I also have a family member called Alexa… we have to whisper her name when she’s in my living room or we’re talking about her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
just rewatching the bday episode from season 1, the "entertainer" with all of the cats :LOL: "it's not even siamese" :LOL: tbh I would have loved a "very cat heavy" entertainer as a child (or now tbh..)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
just rewatching the bday episode from season 1, the "entertainer" with all of the cats :LOL: "it's not even siamese" :LOL: tbh I would have loved a "very cat heavy" entertainer as a child (or now tbh..)
So would I (then and now )😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I had a reminder today of the one and only time I helped out on a school trip. I got ropped into it when someone dropped out and my friend said 'it will be fun' :rolleyes:

Anyway, my friend and I are sat at the back of the bus with the kids and we got them to all start singing away at the top of their voices at which point the teacher marches to the back of the bus and yells at all the kids and tells them to stop immediately ... obviously we let them take the blame 😇😇

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had a reminder today of the one and only time I helped out on a school trip. I got ropped into it when someone dropped out and my friend said 'it will be fun' :rolleyes:

Anyway, my friend and I are sat at the back of the bus with the kids and we got them to all start singing away at the top of their voices at which point the teacher marches to the back of the bus and yells at all the kids and tells them to stop immediately ... obviously we let them take the blame 😇😇
The one and only time my dad helped out on a school trip was when we went to the Jorvik Viking Centre in York, he only came because he'd wanted to go for ages and it was free 🤣 anyway, we were having our picnics in the park afterwards, he fell asleep on the grass and me and my friends covered him in the free stickers we'd been given at the museum... He didn't notice till we got home! He was also lumbered with the child who got travel sick on the bus... He found the whole thing so stressful he delegated all future school trips to my mum🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've just finished this and loved it. Amanda and Meg were my favorites, I actually found Julia really unlikeable lol was that just me? Also does anyone know where I can watch the Xmas special? Its not on iplayer

Reactions: 3
I've just finished this and loved it. Amanda and Meg were my favorites, I actually found Julia really unlikeable lol was that just me? Also does anyone know where I can watch the Xmas special? Its not on iplayer
I'd love to watch the Xmas special too,but if I remember, it was mentioned earlier in thread, it's not available anywhere :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I think Julia is supposed to be unlikable isnt she? she is just really self absorbed

Reactions: 6
I think Julia is supposed to be unlikable isnt she? she is just really self absorbed

That's what confused me. Was she meant to be likeable or not as she was the protagonist. I didn't know whether the writers intent was too make her self absorbed in an endearing and funny way but I found her to be neither.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That's what confused me. Was she meant to be likeable or not as she was the protagonist. I didn't know whether the writers intent was too make her self absorbed in an endearing and funny way but I found her to be neither.
I think she’s supposed be relatable. All of the characters are over exaggerated caricatures of school-gate cliches, none are particularly loveable but they all have aspects, moments and behaviours we can see in ourselves (or people we know),

Reactions: 15
I definitely don't think she was supposed to be likeable, I am just rewatching now and have just seen that episode where the irish mum gets the new car, and liz is having loads of problems with her ex and Julia is just totally wrapped up in herself, telling liz she is not really a friend etc...

I think she’s supposed be relatable. All of the characters are over exaggerated caricatures of school-gate cliches, none are particularly loveable but they all have aspects, moments and behaviours we can see in ourselves (or people we know),
Yeah, I don't think she's supposed to be likeable but I think in a subtle way she's supposed to be relatable, like the parts of being a parent we probably all do but don't really like about ourselves. (Yeah I've stuck my fingers up at the phone when a grandparent has said they can't look after the kids when I need them to for work, despite how truly, truly grateful I am for all the help they do give me!)

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I don't think she's supposed to be likeable but I think in a subtle way she's supposed to be relatable, like the parts of being a parent we probably all do but don't really like about ourselves. (Yeah I've stuck my fingers up at the phone when a grandparent has said they can't look after the kids when I need them to for work, despite how truly, truly grateful I am for all the help they do give me!)
yeah, and her husband seems awful and so unsupportive!
I am currently watching Superstore and in a way Julie reminds me of Amy, both main characters but both seem quite unlikeable for the most part imo

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her husband is never there, always off with his mates, I feel for her in that respect - not sure I'd be that patient or nice! The last episode was interesting - when the husband actually turned up to something, I wonder if he'll be more of a character in the next series if there is one.

Reactions: 5
Her husband is never there, always off with his mates, I feel for her in that respect - not sure I'd be that patient or nice! The last episode was interesting - when the husband actually turned up to something, I wonder if he'll be more of a character in the next series if there is one.
He was fit! I loved that he was there at the end and showed that he loved her.

yeah, and her husband seems awful and so unsupportive!
I am currently watching Superstore and in a way Julie reminds me of Amy, both main characters but both seem quite unlikeable for the most part imo
I think regarding her husband, the situations again highlight gender stereotypes. Of course there will be plenty of husbands out there that are awful and unsupportive, but even those who are not like that, the main share of childcare will still fall to the mother. My own husband is a great dad and partner but if there are kids needing an unscheduled collection from school/nursery, who gets the call first and expected to leave work? Me, not him. Who runs around ragged organising all the crap for birthday parties, getting the presents picked, wrapped, clothes sorted, dropped off, picked up... then all the organising of our own kids birthday parties... Me!

Reactions: 11
I think Julia became a lot more likeable in the third series. They added more depth to her. They did the same thing with Amanda across seasons 2 and 3, where you get moments of sympathy for her (especially the episode with her mum).

Reactions: 11