Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes I second the let down! Also totallly differnent but also comedy and australian on netflix is kath and kim, I lived in Australia for a long time, so I don't know if the humour may be relatable to everyone but I love it!
I love Kath and Kim, I am a mega fan but no one ever knows what I am talking about. It’s nice, different, unusual 😉🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I love Kath and Kim, I am a mega fan but no one ever knows what I am talking about. It’s nice, different, unusual 😉🤣
"look at moiiiiiiiiii" :LOL:. my favourite ever episode is the wedding one, just so totally hilarious and bizarre (sorry for derailing the thread!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
yes I second the let down! Also totallly differnent but also comedy and australian on netflix is kath and kim, I lived in Australia for a long time, so I don't know if the humour may be relatable to everyone but I love it!
Kath & Kim is my favourite comedy show ever!

I’m not a housewife, I’m a hornbag!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
has anyone seen the pursuit of love on iplayer? the ad looked funny but I don't know anyone who has seen it
Just seen the first episode so far but I liked it! Love the era and the clothes and romantic melodrama of the characters 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Pulling is very funny . It’s written by and stars Sharon Horgan who wrote “motherland” . You will recognise a lot of the cast members from motherland . Paul ready (Kevin ) is in one episode and some of the school mums , I can’t remember her name but the mum who Julia recognised from work but didn’t know her name . Julia’s character is very much a similar character to Sharon’s character in pulling . It’s a little dated but had some laugh out loud moments .
The opening scene with Sharon Horgan in the bathroom with her boyfriend still gets me 🤣.
There are 3 seasons on iPlayer .

Reactions: 5
I love Sharon Horgan, definitely worth checking out catastrophe on channel 4 as well, she produced and starred in that, great comedy but some really nice real moments too.

Reactions: 8
I wish the writers could do a podcast even if it was just an hour or so for each series. Almost a bit of a directors commentary 🙏 be so good and with one of the actors as a guest.

Reactions: 6
"Catastrophe" on Prime is brilliant!!! It stars Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney. Really recommend it.

He also plays Freddy in a comedy called Trying on Apple TV, it’s about a couple trying to adopt, I really enjoyed the first series and the 2nd has just been released.
I really enjoyed Trying, it was really good

The Letdown was bloody brilliant, Celeste Barber as Barb was fab casting. Also second Catstophre, Rob Delaney is weirdly sexy!

Last edited: