Motherland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I laughed my tits off at series 2 , Husband gave me the side eye as it was distracting him from his Fast and the Furious binge watch .... I know!🙄

Anyway, I’m miffed I can’t see series 3 on Netflix but it’s something to look forward to .

Reactions: 6
I laughed my tits off at series 2 , Husband gave me the side eye as it was distracting him from his Fast and the Furious binge watch .... I know!🙄

Anyway, I’m miffed I can’t see series 3 on Netflix but it’s something to look forward to .
Series 3 is on iplayer 🥰

Reactions: 3
Trying on AppleTV is good. Julia’s husband is in it!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know where Amanda’s bag is from in season 2? It’s the snakeskin/snake print one.

I’ve only started watching it last week and I’m almost done 😫 it’s so lighthearted and an easy watch and I’m a big fan of LoD so it was fun seeing Anna play a different sort of character x

Ah so glad I have found this thread. I started this on Netflix yesterday morning and binged it all day. Started season 3 last night haha. Such a good little find. I am loving it.

Reactions: 10
Well then, there's only one thing for it - start rewatching them!

Did anyone watch The Other One? It was another series on the BBC written by Holly Walsh. It was hilarious! It ended on a cliffhanger so I hope there'll be a second series.
I've just started this - it's really funny. The hen night episode is hilarious. I think it's the only time I've liked Caroline Quentin. 'Excuse me, I'm going to tit myself' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
Thanks for all the recommendations! Just watching The Let Down now! Maybe The Other One next!

Reactions: 3
I didn't love the other one, I have only seen 2 episodes though, does it get better? I think maybe I just had too high expectations after motherland

Reactions: 2
I didn't love the other one, I have only seen 2 episodes though, does it get better? I think maybe I just had too high expectations after motherland
Yeah, it's worth persevering with. Although after Motherland it may not seem that great - Motherland sets a high bar!

Reactions: 4
Last episode of Series 3 was brilliant. Always loved Annie and she was star of the show this episode! Been waiting 3 series for her to lose her tit like that! Loved it.

Reactions: 8
Its a shame both the pilot and Xmas spesh are not on iplayer. But the pilot is on Netflix, the one when they all meet and make friends..’would anyone else want an omelette’ just brilliant bitchy mum from amanda.

Dont know bout you lot but i always fancy a glass of wine when its on must be subliminal 😂 the scene from the kids party and for the parents Julias kitchen table is just covered in wine bottles made me laugh!

• Haha
Its a shame both the pilot and Xmas spesh are not on iplayer. But the pilot is on Netflix, the one when they all meet and make friends..’would anyone else want an omelette’ just brilliant bitchy mum from amanda.

Dont know bout you lot but i always fancy a glass of wine when its on must be subliminal 😂 the scene from the kids party and for the parents Julias kitchen table is just covered in wine bottles made me laugh!
That children’s entertainer where all the wild animals are just cats 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Definitely one of my fav episodes, I found it hilarious when one escaped and he just kind of shrugged :LOL:
And when they all look up at the window to the daughter who waves and then throws up when they turn back to animal man 😂

• Haha
I'm another viewer who's new to Motherland and absolutely loving it. My eldest started school last year so the whole thing is incredibly relevant to my life right now.

I feel like I love and hate Julia in equal measure.... I love that she's the imperfect mum who runs in late almost every day, tries to juggle so much and can sympathise with the frustrating situations she lands herself in. But I hate how mean she is to her mum. I get that it's infuriating seeing your retired mum having a leisurely life while you struggle through every single day (my in laws refuse to help us with kids unless it's an emergency - "no one helped us, we had to manage on our own", so that means we don't get help and we have to manage on our own, nice logic) but she really is such a witch to her mum! My own mum would consider me not too old for a clip round the ear if I spoke to her like Julia speaks to her mum. However, I am definitely more like Julia and I wish I could be more like Liz with no filter and not giving a f*ck. And I LOVE Kevin.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know where I can watch the Christmas Special? :)
I don’t think anyone knows, I’m afraid. It seems to be completely unavailable considering how many times it’s been asked (I don’t mean that nastily - ask away! Just nobody seems to have an answer).