Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm that whole lot is a massive reach based on a comedy hashtag.

I’m a criminal prosecution barrister and have tried far too many sex and violent crimes to even contemplate that 50 shades of gray or “vanilla shaming” has anything to do with violent intentional sexual acts.

I didn’t know about this case but have since searched and the facts are these; Pybus drank 24 beers before he went to have sex with the victim. The victim and him had been having an affair for 3 years and having sex 6 times a year. He didn’t have a long time to come up with his defence as he actually drove himself to the police station at 5.30am (remember he’d had 24 pints the night before) and admitted that he thought he had strangled her. The pathologist said there were no other signs of violence just the choking which had occurred later in the act. He accepted full responsibility immediately. It didn’t need a jury because there was no trial so nobody had to be convinced of anything. It goes straight to sentencing. When someone pleads guilty immediately that is taken into consideration when sentencing. The judge was convince that he had not intended to kill the woman and that is why the sentence appears lenient, in order to prove murder there needs to be intent. The defendant said that she enjoyed being strangled and it was something she encouraged, yes we only have his word on this but given the facts that he handed himself in almost immediately suggests to me that he is not some rabid woman beater and maybe there is some truth in his story. You and I don’t know these people personally and neither does a judge (or jury) they can only make decisions based on the facts presented to them. Nothing I have seen, other than hearsay by the victims family, suggests this was anything more than what the defendant stated. What leads you to believe that this man was some crazed woman abuser because I can find no evidence, do you know something that the sentencing judge wasn’t privy to?

As for John Broadhurst, well that’s a whole other kettle of fish. He used the rough sex as a defence, again he didn’t need to convince a jury because they were advised by the trial judge to dismiss the charge of murder based on submissions and because he pleaded guilty to manslaughter by gross negligence, so no jury needed to be convinced. He’s a multimillionaire and probably paid for a very expensive and top class QC. Again neither you or I know any more than the details that are out in the public domain so I’m struggling to understand how you have determined this case based on media and sound bites. However this case did lead to a change in the law and consensual rough sex is no longer a defence in serious harm or resulting deaths.

I do find it astonishing that people take offence by things said in jest on a gossip site, it was a throw away comment, I couldn’t actually give two shits what kind of sex MP has, I was commenting on the point made about middle age instahunz getting giddy about a vibrator. To throw two rare and completely unrelated cases into the commentary as an example of why someone shouldn’t do or say something on Tattle is total virtue signally and quite frankly bizarre.
You need to come to the true crime thread as they’d love these explanations. Although it can get a bit much it’s quite anxiety inducing at times to warn you.

I had interpreted the comment as how insincere it is for a random influencer to make recommendations when they have zero expertise in it outside of probably just the naff books that everyone was exposed to whether they liked it or not. And tbh how following that book that industry boomed and started targeting “every day women” so now we have sexually “liberated” Insta mamas coming back to sell us tit off it. So just yet another example of us all being flogged tit cos it’s another freebie for them rather than a genuine interest in the product/subject/audience?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had interpreted the comment as how insincere it is for a random influencer to make recommendations when they have zero expertise in it outside of probably just the naff books that everyone was exposed to whether they liked it or not. And tbh how following that book that industry boomed and started targeting “every day women” so now we have sexually “liberated” Insta mamas coming back to sell us tit off it. So just yet another example of us all being flogged tit cos it’s another freebie for them rather than a genuine interest in the product/subject/audience?
The sex industry boomed in lock down and ramped up their advertising budgets. Hunz got to earn cash and pivoted from slogan shirts to butt plugs faster than you can say rimming.

Whatever floats your boat but the instamums really are a perfect exhibit of TMI.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The sex industry boomed in lock down and ramped up their advertising budgets. Hunz got to earn cash and pivoted from slogan shirts to butt plugs faster than you can say rimming.

Whatever floats your boat but the instamums really are a perfect exhibit of TMI.
The most disgusting was Victoria Emes’ ad for some sort of sex tips website (honestly wtf?) simulating oral on fruit. There’s truly nothing they won’t sell us, just get jobs ffs

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Ive got a mental image of pukka wearing a butt plug underneath her strong mama boiler suit on the tube and filming herself doing the sideways affected blink thing she does.

#rimstamums

• Haha
Reactions: 17
[QUOTE="Slatternly, post: 6282083, member: 2167"

#rimstamums
[/QUOTE]

Genius 😂

• Haha
Hmmm that whole lot is a massive reach based on a comedy hashtag.

I’m a criminal prosecution barrister and have tried far too many sex and violent crimes to even contemplate that 50 shades of gray or “vanilla shaming” has anything to do with violent intentional sexual acts.

I didn’t know about this case but have since searched and the facts are these; Pybus drank 24 beers before he went to have sex with the victim. The victim and him had been having an affair for 3 years and having sex 6 times a year. He didn’t have a long time to come up with his defence as he actually drove himself to the police station at 5.30am (remember he’d had 24 pints the night before) and admitted that he thought he had strangled her. The pathologist said there were no other signs of violence just the choking which had occurred later in the act. He accepted full responsibility immediately. It didn’t need a jury because there was no trial so nobody had to be convinced of anything. It goes straight to sentencing. When someone pleads guilty immediately that is taken into consideration when sentencing. The judge was convince that he had not intended to kill the woman and that is why the sentence appears lenient, in order to prove murder there needs to be intent. The defendant said that she enjoyed being strangled and it was something she encouraged, yes we only have his word on this but given the facts that he handed himself in almost immediately suggests to me that he is not some rabid woman beater and maybe there is some truth in his story. You and I don’t know these people personally and neither does a judge (or jury) they can only make decisions based on the facts presented to them. Nothing I have seen, other than hearsay by the victims family, suggests this was anything more than what the defendant stated. What leads you to believe that this man was some crazed woman abuser because I can find no evidence, do you know something that the sentencing judge wasn’t privy to?

As for John Broadhurst, well that’s a whole other kettle of fish. He used the rough sex as a defence, again he didn’t need to convince a jury because they were advised by the trial judge to dismiss the charge of murder based on submissions and because he pleaded guilty to manslaughter by gross negligence, so no jury needed to be convinced. He’s a multimillionaire and probably paid for a very expensive and top class QC. Again neither you or I know any more than the details that are out in the public domain so I’m struggling to understand how you have determined this case based on media and sound bites. However this case did lead to a change in the law and consensual rough sex is no longer a defence in serious harm or resulting deaths.

I do find it astonishing that people take offence by things said in jest on a gossip site, it was a throw away comment, I couldn’t actually give two shits what kind of sex MP has, I was commenting on the point made about middle age instahunz getting giddy about a vibrator. To throw two rare and completely unrelated cases into the commentary as an example of why someone shouldn’t do or say something on Tattle is total virtue signalling and quite frankly bizarre.
They’re not at all rare cases unfortunately. High profile, but not especially unusual in their leniency. If you’re inclined to look for them, there are loads. Laura Richards has written a lot on this subject.
I already know you’re a barrister from previous stuff you’ve mentioned. I have a law degree but don’t practise. I do work in this field though, so I’m not regurgitating media sound bites or virtue signalling.
I completely disagree with you that Pybus was not violent and that he did not intend to kill Sophie. In domestic violence homicides, and indeed, most femicides where a woman is killed by a partner or ex partner, there is almost always a history of domestic abuse and/or coercive control leading up to the murder. See Jane Moncton Smith’s homicide timeline if you want to know more about it.
In a way your post proves my point. You’re a professional working in the criminal justice system, yet you are willing to ignore the big waving red flags signalling coercive control and give a man like Pybus the benefit of the doubt because he handed himself in. Likewise the judiciary. They are woefully uninformed and lack training in identifying coercive control (this is evident in family court too). Nobody gets drunk and kills their girlfriend unless they’ve already formed intent. I’ve had a few drunken arguments with my husband over the years. I’ve never accidentally killed him. It’s misogyny that’s endemic in the system and it needs to change. That’s why I will call things like that put when I see them. Wherever I see them. Because it matters. Even if it means having to do this with you on here. I don’t really care about being a cool or popular pseudonym on an anonymous message board tbh.

Reactions: 7
They’re not at all rare cases unfortunately. High profile, but not especially unusual in their leniency. If you’re inclined to look for them, there are loads. Laura Richards has written a lot on this subject.
I already know you’re a barrister from previous stuff you’ve mentioned. I have a law degree but don’t practise. I do work in this field though, so I’m not regurgitating media sound bites or virtue signalling.
I completely disagree with you that Pybus was not violent and that he did not intend to kill Sophie. In domestic violence homicides, and indeed, most femicides where a woman is killed by a partner or ex partner, there is almost always a history of domestic abuse and/or coercive control leading up to the murder. See Jane Moncton Smith’s homicide timeline if you want to know more about it.
In a way your post proves my point. You’re a professional working in the criminal justice system, yet you are willing to ignore the big waving red flags signalling coercive control and give a man like Pybus the benefit of the doubt because he handed himself in. Likewise the judiciary. They are woefully uninformed and lack training in identifying coercive control (this is evident in family court too). Nobody gets drunk and kills their girlfriend unless they’ve already formed intent. I’ve had a few drunken arguments with my husband over the years. I’ve never accidentally killed him. It’s misogyny that’s endemic in the system and it needs to change. That’s why I will call things like that put when I see them. Wherever I see them. Because it matters. Even if it means having to do this with you on here. I don’t really care about being a cool or popular pseudonym on an anonymous message board tbh.
I did start to write a response to this but on reflection you’re clearly much better informed than me about the legal system, the people who work in it and the mental state of a person charged with a crime so I’ll just back out and bow to your superior knowledge.

Reactions: 2
Sorry, OT, but there’s a true crime thread?!
Honestly sometimes it’s a bit much and I don’t check it before bed after it nearly gave me a PA cos there’s been a recent spate of infanticides if that’s how you spell it. There’s sometimes beef on it tho, it’s not the best thread in the world but it’s something lol

• Heart
Wow she’s a slow burner this one isn’t she.

I had my first baby around the time she was pregnant with her youngest and I remember the newborn days well. Mostly berating myself for being six months in and hardly being able to leave the house while she was having book launches and getting her house renovated with a tiny newborn.

It was the wild west instamum MOD hey days of 2016ish. I wised up to it after a while and frankly just found MP annoying so unfollowed because I don’t need that (curating my feed like my morning paper y’know) but I would often see her mentioned as one of the good ones.

After a gradual catch up here I can see she is bad news! So dodgy and irresponsible, particularly with the post partum psychosis business. I know that’s a while ago now but if you are going to use this heartbreaking issue to promote yourself to a large audience you have a duty to do it respectfully and responsibly.

In the days I followed her, her serious personal posts were about her miscarriages and struggles to conceive. I never thought to question the motivation behind sharing this at the time but now I don’t know.

I won’t lose sleep over her but like so many others have said on Tattle it is just sickening how these people have taken advantage of vulnerable women, regardless of what personal pain they have been through themselves.

The cheek of the financial advice, too hypocritical for words.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the mumfluencer should be a regulated industry - the hook you in by being relatable but in reality they sell a very controlled narrative which is damaging to the mental health of many - especially new - mothers. It’s a disgrace

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Honestly sometimes it’s a bit much and I don’t check it before bed after it nearly gave me a PA cos there’s been a recent spate of infanticides if that’s how you spell it. There’s sometimes beef on it tho, it’s not the best thread in the world but it’s something lol

Thank you 😘 Will have a read through of that tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
What the hell is she doing at the NTA’s? She’s gone full fangirl over the most basic and low rent of z-list celebs (inverted commas). She has literally gone full circle and become everything she used to poke fun at.

Cue the witty, ‘Oh my god, look at everything I’ve eaten, I’m so normal and relatable and just like you guys, not the celebs!’ stories when she gets home to try to cover both sides of the coin, as usual.

Ps she’s sitting miles away in the gods 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.