Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love Botox, hate hypocrisy. I love my Botox, and Tretinoin cream. And I’m sure I’ll love my chemical peels and any facelifts to come. Which I’ll pay for with my own money, thanks.
Word 👏

I earned my wrinkles and I earned my Botox 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5
“Parenting conflict” she works what one radio shift a week? I’d have masses of sympathy if that was coming from someone working a full time boring tit job for a crappy boss, or running from job to job. Just disingenuous drivel from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The claiming of credit for progress on flexible working is also disingenuous to me. I would have thought it's in large part due to the post-covid WFH landscape. They really do think v grandly of themselves.

Also making out like she *has* to work to pay the bills and hopes it's worth it for her kids. Companies House says they really don't need to be worrying...

Reactions: 16
The claiming of credit for progress on flexible working is also disingenuous to me. I would have thought it's in large part due to the post-covid WFH landscape. They really do think v grandly of themselves.

Also making out like she *has* to work to pay the bills and hopes it's worth it for her kids. Companies House says they really don't need to be worrying...
To be fair what you’re seeing on Companies House is as a result of her working right?!

Pregnant and Screwed seem to be taking a very different stance on this flexible working “win”

• Heart
Reactions: 5
To be fair what you’re seeing on Companies House is as a result of her working right?!

Pregnant and Screwed seem to be taking a very different stance on this flexible working “win”
True! But to claim that she *has* to keep working in a way that 'breaks' her to 'earn for them' is disingenuous to me (compared to people who have no option and see their children far less). I think it's ok to say you *want* to work and that it's hard to balance etc but to frame it as a necessity when you are already very wealthy irks.

What are pregnant and screwed saying? Interestingly can't see anything about it on their grid...

Reactions: 6
True! But to claim that she *has* to keep working in a way that 'breaks' her to 'earn for them' is disingenuous to me (compared to people who have no option and see their children far less). I think it's ok to say you *want* to work and that it's hard to balance etc but to frame it as a necessity when you are already very wealthy irks.

What are pregnant and screwed saying? Interestingly can't see anything about it on their grid...
Agreed agreed. It’s far fetched to say she’s in the line of breaking work.

PTS are saying it’s not much of a win because just having the right to make flexible working requests from the day you start a job doesn’t take away from the fact that women will still be discriminated against for making them in the first place. It was on stories but they’ve all gone bar one now - made some really good points that the battle is not nearly won
256D6A88-54C1-499B-95DB-262EB0F86A5D.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Also I guess what's on MP Companies House is separate to her salary from Heart so they are doing very well indeed. She does try and project a vibe of being less well off than she is and having to work etc. I'm agreeing with what you say basically.

Also I guess what's on MP Companies House is separate to her salary from Heart so they are doing very well indeed. She does try and project a vibe of being less well off than she is and having to work etc. I'm agreeing with what you say basically.
Depends if she’s self employed at Heart and puts it through her MP company. What we won’t see for another 18 months/2 years is exactly what the book, the tv programme, the radio programme, the Ads that’s she’s done for gusto et al and any other work she’s been paid for this last year have brought in. Just what’s sitting in her business looks fairly healthy from anyone’s POV, that’s what’s just sat there after paying herself and her husband wages and possibly dividends. It’s whats sat there after she’s put her expenses through and let’s remember they are both working from home so you can claim quite a stack of your household expenses as business costs. All her little train journeys in and out of London/Birmingham will be set off for tax purposes. Yeah it is money they’ve been paid for work they’ve done but it’s not what they are “living on” and that’s a very nice credit balance. They are not quite on the breadline and for me the Heart FM gig is a vanity project - total self indulgence.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agreed agreed. It’s far fetched to say she’s in the line of breaking work.

PTS are saying it’s not much of a win because just having the right to make flexible working requests from the day you start a job doesn’t take away from the fact that women will still be discriminated against for making them in the first place. It was on stories but they’ve all gone bar one now - made some really good points that the battle is not nearly won View attachment 777017
Having the right to request flexible working is very different to actually getting it. Even before seeing this, it felt a bit like being placated.

Reactions: 8
If she got booted from heart, their life wouldn’t fundamentally change. Wouldn’t lose the roof over their heads. Girls are at local school IIRC, so wouldn’t experience any upheaval.

Most people live far more precariously. Lose your job, can’t afford rent, chucked out of your home. Those people NEED to work.

I am in her position. My salary isn’t vital for the household. But I don’t witch and moan about leaving my children, I am working for my own sanity and cos I have an eye on the future (when my kids are done with me wtf then?! I do not want a bloody dog. Golf can duck off) and cos the extra money is nice to have atm/I am using a fair amount of it to fund my children’s pensions l. My ability to work this way is a GIFT. She has the same. Should be bleeping grateful, but I guess that would alienate her…. Rather than the disingenuous crap she should keep quiet. Blanket advice to all of them rly…!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If she got booted from heart, their life wouldn’t fundamentally change. Wouldn’t lose the roof over their heads. Girls are at local school IIRC, so wouldn’t experience any upheaval.

Most people live far more precariously. Lose your job, can’t afford rent, chucked out of your home. Those people NEED to work.

I am in her position. My salary isn’t vital for the household. But I don’t witch and moan about leaving my children, I am working for my own sanity and cos I have an eye on the future (when my kids are done with me wtf then?! I do not want a bloody dog. Golf can duck off) and cos the extra money is nice to have atm/I am using a fair amount of it to fund my children’s pensions l. My ability to work this way is a GIFT. She has the same. Should be bleeping grateful, but I guess that would alienate her…. Rather than the disingenuous crap she should keep quiet. Blanket advice to all of them rly…!
Massive respect for your honesty and can you lend us a tenner? 🤣 jokes, you’ve summed her up really well and why her position as “struggling Mum” doesn’t sit well with others

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s been reposted - I assume it was just deleted as she hadn’t obscured the kid’s face?

Reactions: 2
OK so nieche thing to be annoyed with but why stay in birmingham when Himley Hall is near Wolverhampton. Gonna be a trek back and forth with her girls. She could have stayed much closer and seen more of the west Midlands than just Birmingham

Reactions: 3

Fund your children’s pensions ??!! I’m more worried about my own 😂… what do you mean ?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.