Real Life Crime and Murder #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FFS this must stop. A law was passed to ban this defence but still the CPS allows it.

Agree. I’m no prude and appreciate people have kinks, but to physically put your hands around somebodies throat and choke them...as a human you have to draw the line and say to yourself that’s too far to experience pleasure ☹ They’ll be no knowing if she ever consented to that part or not which makes that sentence even worse.

Reactions: 17
It’s a fairly niche kink, I find it quite hard to believe there are THAT many women who enjoy being strangled to unconscious for a sexual thrill, yet they keep rolling out the same excuse 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think it’s a predominantly male thing. Maybe something about dominance ? I had a close encounter with it when a man I was communicating with kept mentioning grabbing my throat during… well.. that was a huge red flag

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
But as one doctor said in a similar case years ago, you pass out from strangulation before you die so why aren't men stopping at the point of women passing out. It's definately murder if they continue to exert force when someone is clearly losing or has lost consciousness.

Reactions: 26
But as one doctor said in a similar case years ago, you pass out from strangulation before you die so why aren't men stopping at the point of women passing out. It's definately murder if they continue to exert force when someone is clearly losing or has lost consciousness.
You're so right - you can't consent once you've lost consciousness so the law should be clear cut.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is weird case.

This case.....there is a podcast series and the foster parent's came under quite a lot of scrutiny. The podcast explores the fact the biological parents were left completely out of the whole investigation and were somewhat unknown by the press for some time as the foster parent's never alluded to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
A Killing in Tiger Bay starts tonight on BBC2 at 9pm. It's a three part documentary about the murder of Lynette White and the subsequent miscarriage of justice that followed. This is the kind of the BBC do really well so hopefully, it should be good.

I actually remember this case being featured on Crimewatch.

Reactions: 11
A Killing in Tiger Bay starts tonight on BBC2 at 9pm. It's a three part documentary about the murder of Lynette White and the subsequent miscarriage of justice that followed. This is the kind of the BBC do really well so hopefully, it should be good.

I actually remember this case being featured on Crimewatch.

I’m looking forward to this too. Agreed the BBC are normally great at this stuff.
John Actie, one of the 5 initially charged but acquitted, recently gave an interview saying that if they hadn’t been black & Lynette wasn’t a sex worker the police would’ve handled the case much better.
Such an interesting case. Always found it incredible the real killer, Jeffrey Gafoor, spent all those years free after the murder but never committed another similar offence.

Reactions: 4
I’m looking forward to this too. Agreed the BBC are normally great at this stuff.
John Actie, one of the 5 initially charged but acquitted, recently gave an interview saying that if they hadn’t been black & Lynette wasn’t a sex worker the police would’ve handled the case much better.
Such an interesting case. Always found it incredible the real killer, Jeffrey Gafoor, spent all those years free after the murder but never committed another similar offence.
I think it’s likely he did commit further offences but he wasn’t caught for them. There are loads of unsolved murders outstanding today - some of them very probably committed by Sutcliffe, Tobin, Gafoor, etc, but either no link has been made or the police can’t/won’t look further into it for budget and resource reasons.

Reactions: 6
I think it’s likely he did commit further offences but he wasn’t caught for them. There are loads of unsolved murders outstanding today - some of them very probably committed by Sutcliffe, Tobin, Gafoor, etc, but either no link has been made or the police can’t/won’t look further into it for budget and resource reasons.
Well that’s what made me surprised. Apparently the police did look into his potentially committing other offences but couldn’t link him to anything. Now I know what isn’t the same as him not committing any but I do think it can be difficult for murderers who commit a frenzied attack to get away with it. Especially with the then unknown DNA we can get from these scenes.

Have followed this case & have always been surprised it hasn’t been made into a drama/film as there were so many interesting aspects to it.

Poor Lynette & her family. I hope they know that a great many people place value on her life & don’t judge the circumstances she found herself in.

Reactions: 3
Dillon Anderson

This man was the year above my daughter. There were rumours of him sleeping with an 11 year old when he was 14.
Numerous class mates have talked about how he thought the world owed him everything including any girl he wanted at school.

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Primary school deputy head charged over rape of young girl

#

this story is odd. She’s a primary deputy head in Wigan charged with assisting a man with the same surname as her, in sexual offences against a child. He lives in Eccleston St Helens which is near Wigan but about 15 miles away. The article states that although they share a surname he is not her husband and they are not related.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Well that’s what made me surprised. Apparently the police did look into his potentially committing other offences but couldn’t link him to anything. Now I know what isn’t the same as him not committing any but I do think it can be difficult for murderers who commit a frenzied attack to get away with it. Especially with the then unknown DNA we can get from these scenes.

Have followed this case & have always been surprised it hasn’t been made into a drama/film as there were so many interesting aspects to it.

Poor Lynette & her family. I hope they know that a great many people place value on her life & don’t judge the circumstances she found herself in.
If you don’t already, do give the Crime Analyst podcast a listen. It’s hosted by Laura Richards who used to work for New Scotland Yard and the FBI. She’s just finished a whole series looking back at the police failings in the Peter Sutcliffe case. There’s an episode towards the end, maybe third from last?, where she looks at other unsolved offences she believes were committed by Sutcliffe - including the murder of a man. And she talks about why the police don’t look further into them even though they probably could. It’s very interesting understanding the behind the scenes politics, etc.
She also talks a lot about how the police mistook Sutcliffe’s overkill (continuing to stab once the victim was already dead) as a sign of ‘frenzy’ and being out of control. When actually it’s the opposite. She explains it from a behavioural point of view.
I know I’m talking about Sutcliffe here but I mention it because there are a lot of similarities with Lynette’s murder and so a lot of opportunities to apply learnings from Sutcliffe.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The difficulty for the parole board is no one is detained indefinitely unless they have a whole life sentence and prisons should be actively working to rehabilitate and release. He received a 30 year tariff reduced to 28 years on appeal, and so was eligible for release from 2016. He must have proven in custody he is fit for release, but obviously the real test is in the community. He will be heavily supervised by probation and police and is in an Approved Premises which has monitored times and curfews and staffed 24/7. He can be returned to custody at the drop of a hat or the sniff of a breach of his licence
Rehabilitation I understand. But let’s examine what that means in the case of Pitchfork. Rehabilitation means you have to move his mindset away from either:

A. Someone who didn’t understand that raping and killing teenage girls was wrong, in which case he’s a highly dangerous individual who should never be let out, or

B. Someone who fullly understood what he was doing was wrong, yet did it anyhow because he wanted to, in which case what I said doubled.

Can you really “rehabilitate” someone from a mindset position that is so at odds with basic humanity? He wasn’t a young kid when he did it this, he was a grown man. And I’m sure most people reading this thread are fully aware of the details of his case. In short he was able to manipulate other people into helping him evade justice for months. With enough planning and foresight to even forge a passport.

A pure textbook psychopath who was caught by blind luck more than anything. Reminds me somewhat of Peter Tobin, and god knows how many bodies that animal left in his wake.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Rehabilitation I understand. But let’s examine what that means in the case of Pitchfork. Rehabilitation means you have to move his mindset away from either:

A. Someone who didn’t understand that raping and killing teenage girls was wrong, in which case he’s a highly dangerous individual who should never be let out, or

B. Someone who fullly understood what he was doing was wrong, yet did it anyhow because he wanted to, in which case what I said doubled.

Can you really “rehabilitate” someone from a mindset position that is so at odds with basic humanity? He wasn’t a young kid when he did it this, he was a grown man. And I’m sure most people reading this thread are fully aware of the details of his case. In short he was able to manipulate other people into helping him evade justice for months. With enough planning and foresight to even forge a passport.

A pure textbook psychopath who was caught by blind luck more than anything. Reminds me somewhat of Peter Tobin, and god knows how many bodies that animal left in his wake.
I agree. The concept of rehabilitation is too wide. Sure, if you're talking about a youth from the streets who joined a gang in order to survive and ended up in prison - there's an opportunity there to turn things around.

But you can't rehabilitate a psychopath.

Reactions: 11
There’s going to be an inquest into this case - and rightly so. Heads need to roll. But I doubt they will. It’ll be another “lessons need to be learned” case I’m sure.

I remember there was some debate as to whether Asiah was dead or alive when her mother returned. Here it’s confirmed that she was dead and the mother took three hours to raise the alarm.

Kudi settled in well in the flat but the court heard she began to abandon her daughter alone to meet up with friends and go out to parties.

In the three months leading up to her death there were at least six other occasions she left Asiah alone in the flat - once for two whole days.

Despite all this, Asiah wasn’t assigned her own social worker, whereas Verphy did.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
This poor girl

the so called mothers who put cock above their children. I wish bea had managed to get out and away from them 🙁

Reactions: 13
This poor girl

the so called mothers who put cock above their children. I wish bea had managed to get out and away from them 🙁

I just came on to post this, I’ve been waiting to hear about justice for Bernadette today.

I’m glad he got at least 32 years but she should have got more than 6 years! She let her own daughter down when she needed her the most, then helped to cover it up.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.