Mother Pukka #3 I think we might be remarkable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t one of her articles declare that going through the first miscarriage together was marriage?
it wasn’t just one article, it was many and the same tit monologue was trotted out on Lorraine and in other interviews too. She really flogs these things to death (like the crisp packet in the wind, The wine bottle in the puschair, on and bleeping on with her nonsense.

Reactions: 12
My take on it is he approached her trying his luck, knowing full well what he was getting into. He wants to be associated with fame and probably has lived quite a privileged life, is used to getting what he wants and has all the boldness that comes with that. Sometimes that is impressive to women, particularly those who are susceptible to charm and flattery. Anna wants adulation and a lapdog who will happily let her have the limelight not share it but it sits him to have a ‘famous’ wife. He probably is a also better social fit for her than Matt who clearly writes better and is more intelligent than her - but he was from the wrong side of the tracks compared to Stripey and he probably dared to challenge her and call her out on her bullshit. It seems fairly obvious now that he did because of how much she has ramped up the narcissism and lack of self awareness.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Have been a lurker here for a while but had to comment on this car crash. No emotionally intelligent, self respecting man in his 30s/40s is going to jump into a marriage with someone recently divorced with kids.He must be desperate to be married, as is she - or they'd have been happy to take their time before rushing into it. They both love the idea of 'sticking it to society' but society will stop caring at some point and they'll be stuck with each other. She talks about how she knows herself better at 43, and it's like but you don't know yourself without a man! And you also don't know him because you've never seen him with your girls or seen him outside of exciting date mode. Being 43 means you learn to be measured and differentiate between limerance and lasting love.

On a more sinister note my husband is a police officer who's seen his share of sexual and domestic abuse maintains that men who very quickly marry women with young daughters can be predators. Because they know the mother is so eager to be married, she's likely to turn a blind eye or have poor judgement. Even if they're not that scummy, it shows a lack of boundaries for the daughter's comfort and safety - you want to get to know them, have them be comfortable with you before presenting as step dad. They're kids, everything is exciting, it's a parent's job to manage the risks for them. She's so blinded by the lifestyle she thinks she'll have with him after the disappointment with Matt, she doesn't notice that a truly successful man will be more cautious about financial commitments. Unless he's a predator.
---
I also don't think he'll really marry her... Is just doing it to get his own profile out there and will bail once he finds someone else. Or the reality sinks in. If he does marry her, he's a walking red flag.
By "society" and "judgement" what they mean is people with one ounce of common sense and half way decent social and family boundaries for their children.

Your sensible comment has reminded me of something insensible written on yesterday's THE PROPOSAL post about being a "very different love story not seen in a Disney film"

Erm...there is a Disney film where a hapless princess gets proposed to by a guy she just met and everyone in SOCIETY disapproves. He turns out to be a right villain out for himself! There's quite a famous song!!! Motherpuffa should check it out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My take on it is he approached her trying his luck, knowing full well what he was getting into. He wants to be associated with fame and probably has lived quite a privileged life, is used to getting what he wants and has all the boldness that comes with that. Sometimes that is impressive to women, particularly those who are susceptible to charm and flattery. Anna wants adulation and a lapdog who will happily let her have the limelight not share it but it sits him to have a ‘famous’ wife. He probably is a also better social fit for her than Matt who clearly writes better and is more intelligent than her - but he was from the wrong side of the tracks compared to Stripey and he probably dared to challenge her and call her out on her bullshit. It seems fairly obvious now that he did because of how much she has ramped up the narcissism and lack of self awareness.
Yep although Matt is posher than Anna I would say.

Reactions: 3
Yep although Matt is posher than Anna I would say.
There was something in one of the books they wrote which talked about his alcoholic father and that he didn’t have a privileged upbringing. Anna definitely has second rate private school girls vibes though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There was something in one of the books they wrote which talked about his alcoholic father and that he didn’t have a privileged upbringing. Anna definitely has second rate private school girls vibes though.
Ah fair enough, he just speaks better than her.

Reactions: 5
Howling, just flicked over and saw a bit of love island. They were talking about past relationships… someone said their last relationship was 8 months. The boys laughed and says under a year doesn’t count, and 8 months is still “talking stage” 🤣🤣🤣

lol, engagement at 3 months, anyone?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
His surname is Farquharson, seems fairly posh to me, or am I thinking of the short bloke from Shrek 🤔🤣
Yeah his surname is posh but apparently him and his sister qualified for free school meals…

He is streets ahead of her as a writer. It must have been a massive act of love for him to do all their collabs knowing her flowery garbage was going to weigh the book down, although I suppose upside:loads of marketing and PR because yummy insta mummy, downside: crisp packets and whatnot floating in the breeze…..

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It’s the lack of safeguarding that baffles me. You’re letting a stranger (yep that’s what he is) near your kids and telling them you’re marrying him and this is their life now? Absolutely bleeping not.
Anna doesn’t know him well enough yet nevermind letting him near the kids. Again, obviously most men aren’t predators but would you risk it? Massive red flag for me if a man in his 40’s was desperate to marry a newly single mother of 2..3?? I dunno how many kids she has. Is HE even considering the kids?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It’s the lack of safeguarding that baffles me. You’re letting a stranger (yep that’s what he is) near your kids and telling them you’re marrying him and this is their life now? Absolutely bleeping not.
Anna doesn’t know him well enough yet nevermind letting him near the kids. Again, obviously most men aren’t predators but would you risk it? Massive red flag for me if a man in his 40’s was desperate to marry a newly single mother of 2..3?? I dunno how many kids she has. Is HE even considering the kids?
My dad was in his 30s when my grandpa remarried and grandpa still waited longer than that for him to meet his 2nd wife 🙃🙃
---
(My granny passed away but still, it was about a year or so before dad met my step gran, and then another few months before she met my sisters)

Reactions: 7
Same. I don’t understand it but it’s Anna all over, when in her life as a mother has she ever put her children first? She hasn’t, most important person in Anna’s life is Anna.

Reactions: 17
This was the thing that baffled me with the woman that is engaged to my ex. She literally had him at her house on the second date with her kids upstairs - he could have been anyone. They got engaged after 7 months and she wasn't even divorced. My ex has now been engaged to 3 different women (me being one of them) in ten years - it's a massive red flag. The new girlfriend was getting her kids to refer to my ex as "dad" in fathers day gifts when they'd been together four months (the kids don't see there dad, she took them halfway across Europe and has denied him the chance to see them but I don't know that story so can't comment apart from facts). Thankfully the kids were more sensible and refer to him as his name rather than dad. She has the audacity to try and school me on how to be a parent sometimes over email, which fits in with her (and my exes) nonsense narrative that I'm a tit mum, and each and every time I want to say "yeah, tell me more about what a great parent you are introducing a stranger to your kids after 3 dates..." :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: 15
As a person of “influence” (apparently) she absolutely cannot take any accountability or criticism. The few who have vaguely alluded to this being quick she bites back with “why are you so judgemental about a couple and have fake concern about kids you don’t know and will never meet?!”.

She doesn’t seem to appreciate that absolutely nobody gives a tit about her kids. Or her. It’s her impressing this stupid NaRrAtiVe and trying to claim some position of authority on life after divorce, all the way from her BS magpieing, sharing her story to instill HoPe, change the NaRrAtIve around divorce, abolish the StIgMa. She’s so old and wise now. She’s multi faceted. She likes to orgasm AND campaign for flexible working. She’s as comfortable in the bedroom as she is in the boardroom bullshit. She has to be every woman’s idol and every man’s dream girl. The ultimate, attention hungry, and very average narc with limited range in abilities.

Literally nobody gives a tit, other than maybe her friends and family. So when she puts this crap out there, she’ll have her lemmings lap it up, but anyone with half a brain cell will question the red flags and she’ll get defensive and try and call out “TrOLLing” for more sympathy points.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She doesn’t seem to appreciate that absolutely nobody gives a tit about her kids
I care about her kids, or rather I’m concerned for them. Not in a weird way, where I feel I have some connection to them because I’ve seen their faces on social media, but I do think about what this is doing to them in a vague sense, just like I didn’t like it when she used to plaster them all over the gram. I think in a proper society, people do want to look out for children who may or may not be being placed in a position of danger - or at least one they aren’t comfortable - when their parents are being idiotic. Concern for influencers children and the complete lack of safeguarding these morons display is how the Mumsnet threads and ultimately Tattle came into being in the first place.

I mean, ultimately it won’t change anything. But she does read here and maybe some of the previous posters and the actual adults in the room will give her some food for thought, even if it doesn’t stop her from charging full steam ahead.

Reactions: 20
I care about her kids, or rather I’m concerned for them. Not in a weird way, where I feel I have some connection to them because I’ve seen their faces on social media, but I do think about what this is doing to them in a vague sense, just like I didn’t like it when she used to plaster them all over the gram. I think in a proper society, people do want to look out for children who may or may not be being placed in a position of danger - or at least one they aren’t comfortable - when their parents are being idiotic. Concern for influencers children and the complete lack of safeguarding these morons display is how the Mumsnet threads and ultimately Tattle came into being in the first place.

I mean, ultimately it won’t change anything. But she does read here and maybe some of the previous posters and the actual adults in the room will give her some food for thought, even if it doesn’t stop her from charging full steam ahead.
Ah, she’s right then in thinking people might care. To me she is like any other stranger, like Kerry Katona and Katie Price, and I don’t care about them or their choices or kids. unless they are witnessed in immediate grave danger in which case most people, including myself, would do the bare minimum and notify relevant authorities like police or emergency services, and that would be for anyone.

Tattle is great for these discussion points. For every impressionable vulnerable woman who falls under motherpuffa’s inexplicable online spell and influence, being sold this “whirlwind romance” dream with a creep from hinge she met a few seconds ago, pretending she is the oracle of doing “divorce remarkably”, there is tattle, where the receipts and common sense is shared.

Reactions: 14

Of course, most men online aren't predators (I met my husband online) but it amazes me that she doesn't think putting her entire life on IG will attract men with ulterior motives who know exactly how to manipulate her. Which is exactly why she needs to be more aware before marrying someone!
Agree with all of this. Shockingly bad judgement all round. Far too fast when there are kids involved. If she and #MyPersonOllyBretton were working class, it would be a different story. Somehow, money and privilege turn the situation from 'Jeremy Kyle guest' to 'influencer podcast content'.
And according to her, wasn't his opening chat up line to her about how he 'really loves what she does' or words to that effect? That shows that he knew of her and what she was about before she knew of him, which to me is slightly stalkerish vibes, but to her is probably a huge ego boost.

Reactions: 15
He's spotted weaknesses (newly single and an ego the size of Spain) as she shares her life online so has successfully ingratiated himself. I expect whatever Matt says will fall on deaf ears so we can only hope her parents or sister can caution her.

Olly seems weirdly familiar to me and the only thing I can think it would be from is his ex wife is also some sort of instagram fool too.

Reactions: 13