Mother in law experiences? Share them! šŸ¤£

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea why Iā€™m bothering to do this. Mostly because itā€™s not nice to be honest and open up about something that you feel you canā€™t at home to have strangers tear you down, question your story (and Iā€™m aware itā€™s WILD hence why I donā€™t share it much in real life) & call you a bad mother etc. I understand this is the internet and all that but seriously.
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes me psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think Iā€™ll retire from this thread now āœŒšŸ¼
Oh peaches Iā€™m sorry. As always people love to point fingers and accuse, I personally have been following your story for a while now and never once didnā€™t believe you. I hope youā€™ll update us and continue to share your story

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I honestly can't stand my mil, I think her favourite hobby is to make me feel like a tit mother, she succeeds every time.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Also this morning she asked me where I was going.. clearly to work.. and she said oh I need some bits from the shop. I said I was running late so wouldnā€™t be going to the shop so she asked me to get her milk on the way home. The shop is about 10 meters from the front door and she is fully able bodied, just lazy. Then moaned when I came in an hour late from work after overtime this evening because she had been waiting all day for her milk!
She sounds EXACTLY like my MIL. MIL is literally a five minute walk from a corner shop and a ten minute walk to Tesco, but she's so bloody lazy she won't walk. Instead she rings my husband (who's a bigger idiot for doing it) and moans that she needs something from Tesco. He will then drive to her house, driving past Tesco and the corner shop on the way, in order to collect her, drive her to the shop and then drive her back home again.
In the time it takes to do all this, she'd have been to the shop and back a couple of times.

I've never met anyone who's as lazy as her.

EDIT: Oh wait, I have. My BIL. Another lazy, entitled article. The apple clearly doesn't fall far from the tree :rolleyes:

Reactions: 12
FiancĆ© and I agreed we wouldnā€™t do the engagement ring thing for many reasons (human rights violations in diamond trade, not my style, I canā€™t wear such a ring at work, we are saving for a house etc). Sharing the good news about our engagement was completely overshadowed by MIL being horrified that I wouldnā€™t be wearing a ring. Her response ā€œhow will people know you are takenā€ and ā€œseems to me like youā€™ve got something to hideā€ šŸ˜”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
No idea why Iā€™m bothering to do this. Mostly because itā€™s not nice to be honest and open up about something that you feel you canā€™t at home to have strangers tear you down, question your story (and Iā€™m aware itā€™s WILD hence why I donā€™t share it much in real life) & call you a bad mother etc. I understand this is the internet and all that but seriously.
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes me psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think Iā€™ll retire from this thread now āœŒšŸ¼
Donā€™t explain yourself! I post a lot of personal stuff on here from time to time and I do so because I donā€™t have anyone really to vent to in real life, I donā€™t make any of it up. But I guess people just believe you couldnā€™t possibly post the truth online :rolleyes: there will be psycho attention seeking trolls from time to time and itā€™s annoying when you feel you e to proof yourself not to be one. Chin up hun, hope youā€™re okay xo

edited to removeā€my lovelyā€ holy duck Iā€™ve been watching too much of Marion Mazda and his bed sit x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have no words for my exā€™s parents, I think I may of mentioned previously but still to this day canā€™t understand how they treated me!
They never really used to bother coming to visit and even moved further away then complained they never used to see there grandchild.
Iā€™ll never forget when I was going through a lot with my job and grandparents being ill, I needed childcare and my ex always made out his job was more important. He then went to the pub after work and drove home drunk, we argued and I told him to get out of my house, but he was going to take my son. He then attacked me in front of my son! For some stupid reason I phoned his parents and they come over but left there son with me and my head bleeding and said they were going away in the morning and there son was my problem!
They supported an abuser and even used to defend his actions claiming i wasnā€™t the right girl for him and thatā€™s why he treated me the way he did!
This was over 4 years ago, I donā€™t have anything to do with them now as they disgust me! But my son has to go and see his dad once a fortnight and he lives with them in a cabin in the garden. They allow my ex to feed my son take away and rubbish go to bed at a stupid time and not clean his teeth, have a wash and share a bed with his dad! Even though they only see him for 24 hours once a fortnight or a few occasions they have gone away! It really does show how much they claim to care about my son!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I have no words for my exā€™s parents, I think I may of mentioned previously but still to this day canā€™t understand how they treated me!
They never really used to bother coming to visit and even moved further away then complained they never used to see there grandchild.
Iā€™ll never forget when I was going through a lot with my job and grandparents being ill, I needed childcare and my ex always made out his job was more important. He then went to the pub after work and drove home drunk, we argued and I told him to get out of my house, but he was going to take my son. He then attacked me in front of my son! For some stupid reason I phoned his parents and they come over but left there son with me and my head bleeding and said they were going away in the morning and there son was my problem!
They supported an abuser and even used to defend his actions claiming i wasnā€™t the right girl for him and thatā€™s why he treated me the way he did!
This was over 4 years ago, I donā€™t have anything to do with them now as they disgust me! But my son has to go and see his dad once a fortnight and he lives with them in a cabin in the garden. They allow my ex to feed my son take away and rubbish go to bed at a stupid time and not clean his teeth, have a wash and share a bed with his dad! Even though they only see him for 24 hours once a fortnight or a few occasions they have gone away! It really does show how much they claim to care about my son!
Iā€™m sorry you went through all of this ā¤ I canā€™t believe they would just leave you with your head bleeding. Awful people! Your ex sounds like an absolute dick. At least your son is only there twice a month xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
FiancĆ© and I agreed we wouldnā€™t do the engagement ring thing for many reasons (human rights violations in diamond trade, not my style, I canā€™t wear such a ring at work, we are saving for a house etc). Sharing the good news about our engagement was completely overshadowed by MIL being horrified that I wouldnā€™t be wearing a ring. Her response ā€œhow will people know you are takenā€ and ā€œseems to me like youā€™ve got something to hideā€ šŸ˜”
Omg I don't have an engagement ring either, purely cos I don't like jewellery and me & my partnerneould rather the money go on something else! Anyway the amount of people that have made comments about me not wearing a ring šŸ˜‚ it's 2021 one ladies and gentlemen I do not need to wear a ring to confirm my relationship status x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh god, I have so many stories. We have actually cut my MIL off now due to a series of bad situations, compulsive lies and immature behavior.

I will start with the first time I ever got bad vibes from her, but trigger warning - it includes MC.

So in 2018 I fell pregnant and myself and my partner were still living at my dads house. Unfortunately it was too over crowded to bring a child into, so we had to make other plans. We spoke to my partners mother, who offered to move into a house with us and share the rent. I was stunned at how nice and genorous the offer was and thought I had hit the MIL jackpot.

We house hunted, found the perfect place & planned our move. Then I suffered a very mentally and physically painful MC. Once returning home (dads house) from the hospital, my partner called his mum to let her know & very sternly asked her not to contact me for a few days so that I could process what had happened.

A few hours later I get a phone call, from her. I thought it must have been an emergency after being told not to contact me so I answered. Her one and only concern was ā€œare we still moving into the houseā€. That was it. I explained I wasnā€™t sure at that time as it was 1. The least of my worries and 2. Would remind me constantly of the reason we were moving there, the baby.

She guilt tripped us into moving with her, and making a decision the same day I lost my baby and after a couple of month she got us kicked out anyways.

lots more happened whilst there, but the stories are endless and just got worse over the next 5 years.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
To be fair to my exe's horrid Mother she went ballistic at him when she found out what he'd been up with Ugly Barmaid whilst I was pregnant and she made their lives absolute HELL over it too so I'm reliably told :) Haha! She couldn't understand how her little sunbeam could do such a terrible thing, however I later heard that all the while she was caring for her mother her delightful husband was doinking the old girl's Home Help which explained why he was always really keen to go over there to take the washing over or some such chores. She'd only been dead three months and he married the Home Help! Son was more like his father than she cared to think of in the event :)

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m sorry you went through all of this ā¤ I canā€™t believe they would just leave you with your head bleeding. Awful people! Your ex sounds like an absolute dick. At least your son is only there twice a month xx
Thank you it completely changed my outlook and view on life. I had no confidence and was literally a different person to the one I am now. I guess in a way he done me a favour as it was my way of escaping and leaving an abuser. Donā€™t get me wrong I suffered with my mental health for years after. But Iā€™m happy now and my son is safe. They are the ones who are missing out!

• Heart
Omg I don't have an engagement ring either, purely cos I don't like jewellery and me & my partnerneould rather the money go on something else! Anyway the amount of people that have made comments about me not wearing a ring šŸ˜‚ it's 2021 one ladies and gentlemen I do not need to wear a ring to confirm my relationship status x
I stopped wearing my engagement ring a while ago due to weight loss (it was literally falling off in the street so didnt want to lose it!) and my mum and MIL comment on it every single time. Its exhausting. I literally haven't worn it consistently in about 2 years but they are always asking weird questions every time they see us, trying dig out whatever marital problems they believe were having?!

The best payback is living a better and happier life than them.

Reactions: 13
I stopped wearing my engagement ring a while ago due to weight loss (it was literally falling off in the street so didnt want to lose it!) and my mum and MIL comment on it every single time. Its exhausting. I literally haven't worn it consistently in about 2 years but they are always asking weird questions every time they see us, trying dig out whatever marital problems they believe were having?!
I don't wear mine at work for safety reasons so a lot of the time I just forget to put them on at home.
MIL constantly has to comment on this. My husband isn't bothered in the slightest but she just can't learn to keep her beak out.

Iā€™ve always made excuses for my MiL because she can be ok but I feel like Iā€™ve finally snapped and just feel so tit!

sheā€™s so overbearing! My OH is 30 and she treats him like a little boy. Always turning up at our house uninvited, have to go for a meal with her every week, always making excuses to see him. He works away Monday - Friday, after playing football, seeing his mates etc Iā€™m starting to feel like Iā€™m sick of being his last priority.

Itā€™s his birthday today and she was asking me all week if I would get him a bloody cake. Said I would get one yesterday. She was harassing me with phone calls, messages, voicemails etc all day cos I didnā€™t get a cake until the evening and Iā€™m sick of her always been there. Itā€™s too much sheā€™s an absolute narcissist. In the first lockdown when everyone was been really strict and seeing no one she guilt tripped him in going round to see her cos she was depressed and missed him (lives with her husband so not on her own)um hello we all missed friends and family ?

thereā€™s so many things she does that I could go on about all day. Weā€™ve had an argument because sheā€™s made him go round to see her cos itā€™s his birthday even though he saw her yesterday and going for a meal tomorrow. Iā€™ve put my foot down and said thatā€™s it now Iā€™m not been forced into seeing her all the time anymore.

I really needed to rant! All my friends/family say they donā€™t know how I put up with her but he just thinks Iā€™m been nasty to heršŸ˜ž Iā€™m honestly at the point where Iā€™d rather just be on my own. Iā€™ve got bad depression and he doesnā€™t give a tit about me but always running round to his mothers!

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Iā€™m really lucky with my mother in law. Sheā€™s more like a friend and never oversteps the mark.
My exā€™s mom was really nice to my face when my bf was around but Iā€™ll never forget we went shopping to an outlet store (my idea of hell) and I carried the bags back to the car and put them in the boot and she came around the boot and proper snapped at how I was placing the bags into her boot as her boot was orderely. Pack your own bleeping bags in next time!
I got back into the car shell shocked and she kept asking me the entire way back what the issue was in front of my bf and her partner. Her son was a bleeping loser anyway and I left him not long afterwards but looking back Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t end up with her long term. Smiling assassin!

Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve always made excuses for my MiL because she can be ok but I feel like Iā€™ve finally snapped and just feel so tit!

sheā€™s so overbearing! My OH is 30 and she treats him like a little boy. Always turning up at our house uninvited, have to go for a meal with her every week, always making excuses to see him. He works away Monday - Friday, after playing football, seeing his mates etc Iā€™m starting to feel like Iā€™m sick of being his last priority.

Itā€™s his birthday today and she was asking me all week if I would get him a bloody cake. Said I would get one yesterday. She was harassing me with phone calls, messages, voicemails etc all day cos I didnā€™t get a cake until the evening and Iā€™m sick of her always been there. Itā€™s too much sheā€™s an absolute narcissist. In the first lockdown when everyone was been really strict and seeing no one she guilt tripped him in going round to see her cos she was depressed and missed him (lives with her husband so not on her own)um hello we all missed friends and family ?

thereā€™s so many things she does that I could go on about all day. Weā€™ve had an argument because sheā€™s made him go round to see her cos itā€™s his birthday even though he saw her yesterday and going for a meal tomorrow. Iā€™ve put my foot down and said thatā€™s it now Iā€™m not been forced into seeing her all the time anymore.

I really needed to rant! All my friends/family say they donā€™t know how I put up with her but he just thinks Iā€™m been nasty to heršŸ˜ž Iā€™m honestly at the point where Iā€™d rather just be on my own. Iā€™ve got bad depression and he doesnā€™t give a tit about me but always running round to his mothers!
I totally get this!!! My MIL is the exact same. My husband also works away and you know yourself the weekends are short esp when you have things on. If we donā€™t get to see her and my FIL at the weekend they actually huff with us and say oh we havenā€™t seen you in ages like it just falls on us to make the effort? Then for example we were away the other weekend so didnā€™t get seeing anyone (she knew we were away) and when my husband rang her on Sunday evening it was a very cold reception and loads of comments about us being away - she said oh I see you were away this weekend where were yous? As if 1) we didnā€™t tell her, we did lol and 2) that we canā€™t do anything or go anywhere without consulting her. It makes me so cross I donā€™t know how to deal with them anymore it stresses me out so much at the weekends because I feel if we donā€™t see them they huff and more often than not blame me for him not getting to see them šŸ˜ž

• Sad
I totally get this!!! My MIL is the exact same. My husband also works away and you know yourself the weekends are short esp when you have things on. If we donā€™t get to see her and my FIL at the weekend they actually huff with us and say oh we havenā€™t seen you in ages like it just falls on us to make the effort? Then for example we were away the other weekend so didnā€™t get seeing anyone (she knew we were away) and when my husband rang her on Sunday evening it was a very cold reception and loads of comments about us being away - she said oh I see you were away this weekend where were yous? As if 1) we didnā€™t tell her, we did lol and 2) that we canā€™t do anything or go anywhere without consulting her. It makes me so cross I donā€™t know how to deal with them anymore it stresses me out so much at the weekends because I feel if we donā€™t see them they huff and more often than not blame me for him not getting to see them šŸ˜ž
yeh this is exactly it! It infuriates me. Thankfully my FIL is lovely I really donā€™t mind spending time with him itā€™s such a shame his mum is starting to cause issues. We literally spend about 3 hours with them if we go for a meal and she always says is that the only time you can spare for your mum šŸ™ˆ bare in mind she rings him 3 times a day (no Iā€™m not exaggerating unfortunately)

we want kids in the future but that is when the arguments will really start as she will be wanting to be too involved and see them everyday. She hates that my dog sees my parents more than her for gods sake šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t believe how many of us have to put up with nightmare MiLs.

yeh this is exactly it! It infuriates me. Thankfully my FIL is lovely I really donā€™t mind spending time with him itā€™s such a shame his mum is starting to cause issues. We literally spend about 3 hours with them if we go for a meal and she always says is that the only time you can spare for your mum šŸ™ˆ bare in mind she rings him 3 times a day (no Iā€™m not exaggerating unfortunately)

we want kids in the future but that is when the arguments will really start as she will be wanting to be too involved and see them everyday. She hates that my dog sees my parents more than her for gods sake šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t believe how many of us have to put up with nightmare MiLs.
Your situation sound soooo similar to mine. Even down to the dogs šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.