Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea why I’m bothering to do this. Mostly because it’s not nice to be honest and open up about something that you feel you can’t at home to have strangers tear you down, question your story (and I’m aware it’s WILD hence why I don’t share it much in real life) & call you a bad mother etc. I understand this is the internet and all that but seriously.
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes me psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think I’ll retire from this thread now ✌🏼
you really shouldn’t have to do this. Not necessary at all! I’m so sorry you felt that you had to do this.😞 you’re going through enough as it is! I don’t know if I could have dealt with what you’ve had to do! You know there is otherthreads you can vent on if you need xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yup, it's an unusual situation but from people that I know IRL I thought it sounded true. Don't feel the need to leave the thread @Peaches_xox , if someone doesn't want to read your posts they can put you on ignore.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Peaches_xox I've always believed you were being truthful. I hope you get the situation sorted asap. I know you maybe don't want to post about it now but let us know when you have your bed back!x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ahhh @Peaches_xox I never doubted your posts for a second. Don’t let someone here put you off from posting or venting. I hope you get sorted ASAP 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Alright guys I’ve calmed down now 😅😅 the initial shock of being called a troll really got to me and I didn’t even see it yesterday. Too busy talking about 🍆 on WHYDT. I’ve remembered this is the internet. Tattle is a release for me as I’m sure for many of people. I know this story is wild and raises a lot of eyebrows. In real life it’s met with a lot of ‘JUST LEAVE HIM’ especially from my mum, but that feels really hard for so many reasons. Anyway her rails are SUPPOSED to be being installed this week so hopefully not much longer 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No idea why I’m bothering to do this. Mostly because it’s not nice to be honest and open up about something that you feel you can’t at home to have strangers tear you down, question your story (and I’m aware it’s WILD hence why I don’t share it much in real life) & call you a bad mother etc. I understand this is the internet and all that but seriously.
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes me psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think I’ll retire from this thread now ✌🏼
Sorry you feel the need to leave 😞 but I do understand

Reactions: 1
Alright guys I’ve calmed down now 😅😅 the initial shock of being called a troll really got to me and I didn’t even see it yesterday. Too busy talking about 🍆 on WHYDT. I’ve remembered this is the internet. Tattle is a release for me as I’m sure for many of people. I know this story is wild and raises a lot of eyebrows. In real life it’s met with a lot of ‘JUST LEAVE HIM’ especially from my mum, but that feels really hard for so many reasons. Anyway her rails are SUPPOSED to be being installed this week so hopefully not much longer 🤞
Was it your mum questioning if he was moving out too? Sort of thing my mum would do!

Is it a cultural thing with your husband and his mum?

In 16 years I could count on one hand the amount of times I saw my ex’s mum 🙄

I’ve been with my current partner 4 years and couldnt be closer to his mum if I tried x

Reactions: 2
Was it your mum questioning if he was moving out too? Sort of thing my mum would do!

Is it a cultural thing with your husband and his mum?
No that was one of my friends. But my mum calls me very often to say you need to move out, I’ll help you. Feels very pressured if you know what I mean. I guess if we didn’t have a family I might have run a mile by now. Errrm I don’t think it’s a cultural thing but he gets all the family members saying ‘you MUST look after your mother’ and I don’t think he knows any other way to look after her then to bring her to our house

• Heart
You're not one of skanky price's victims are you????
Haha - no. I did some freelance consulting for a very wealthy individual; because they didn't achieve their end goal, they seem to think they don't need to pay me.

Example: wealthy person asks accountant to try and get them a tax refund ... the accountant spends time working through all the calculations and seeing if there's a way, only for there not to be, so wealthy person refuses to pay the accountant for their time. (I'm not an accountant, and the situation was not a tax refund - but the situation was comparable / along those lines).

I keep adding interest at 5% per month, as per the agreement they signed; as of next month, I'll be referring this one to the debt collectors to sort, which will impact upon their credit rating.

Reactions: 9
No that was one of my friends. But my mum calls me very often to say you need to move out, I’ll help you. Feels very pressured if you know what I mean. I guess if we didn’t have a family I might have run a mile by now. Errrm I don’t think it’s a cultural thing but he gets all the family members saying ‘you MUST look after your mother’ and I don’t think he knows any other way to look after her then to bring her to our house
Peaches…. Where are the rails going if you don’t mind me asking? If it’s external there’s no reason she cant go straight away and the rails can fitted retrospectively, I do this with a lot of my patients.

I wish I could help you 😭

• Heart
Peaches…. Where are the rails going if you don’t mind me asking? If it’s external there’s no reason she cant go straight away and the rails can fitted retrospectively, I do this with a lot of my patients.

I wish I could help you 😭
My understanding is they’re going inside the house, to help her get around. Out of the bed to the commode, help her make her way to kitchen ..so on the walls? Does that make sense or am I being played 😅

Honestly @Peaches_xox this sounds bleeping wild. And your only 30? And someone said in your texts hes living rent free? So are you paying your rent for all of ye to live in your flat? As a random from the internet,
👏👏👏 YOU DONT NEED THIS MAN 👏👏👏
This is absolutely not ok, he is showing no regard for you or your child. And the piss stained new mattress would send me over the edge! I’d be fully giving ultimatums by now, or call his bluff, could you take your child to your mums and say you won’t come home until she’s out? This is of course if he starts using more excuses as to why she’s still there

My MIL does my bleeping head in.
God I feel better for saying that 😂.

She isn’t a great mother, my husband was bought up as a burden whereas his sister was/is a saint. He can never do right. She’s very overbearing when we visit, all contact is via me. It’s very very strange, she doesn’t call or text my husband, she messages me. When we visit she doesn’t talk to my husband, she talks to me. It’s like he doesn’t exist!
Generally I don’t feel comfortable around her, again I think she’s a shite parent and I really feel sorry for my husband there relationship if you can call it that is barely anything. She sees my kids Easter Christmas and Birthdays, then has the audacity for her and her daughter to complain at us that ‘were meant to be family’ we’ve never stopped them visiting 😂! Oddballs.

ETA my youngest daughter is disabled with an extremely rare disease, she was undiagnosed for years and MIL took great joy in telling everyone this (for pity, for herself, that does nothing?!) she asked me once if her friend could study and do a uni dissertation on my daughter, I was so outraged at this!

• Angry
  • Wow
Why are MILs such horrors 🤦🏼‍♀️

We are living with my boyfriends mum temporarily as we moved out the rental and are buying. I swear she winds me up on purpose every day.

This evening she asked my boyfriend what time he needed to be up for work (same time as every day). Then asked if he would like her to wake him up tomorrow?
1. He’s managed to get up for work the past 15 years using an alarm so why wouldn’t he tomorrow?
2. Does she think when we were in the rental he turned up work for late every day?
3. Why would she think I want her bursting into the bedroom first thing in the morning?!

Anyway she left the room and he even said straight away wtf was that 🙄

Last night I choked on my water and started coughing loads so she starts coughing louder from the other room. Realised he wasn’t coming and came in and said ‘oh you were just going to leave me coughing then’ while I was still spluttering from choking.

Also this morning she asked me where I was going.. clearly to work.. and she said oh I need some bits from the shop. I said I was running late so wouldn’t be going to the shop so she asked me to get her milk on the way home. The shop is about 10 meters from the front door and she is fully able bodied, just lazy. Then moaned when I came in an hour late from work after overtime this evening because she had been waiting all day for her milk!

By the sound of it others have it a lot worse than me 🙈 Just needed to vent because it winds me up every day!

• Wow
  • Sad
My MIL does my bleeping head in.
God I feel better for saying that 😂.

She isn’t a great mother, my husband was bought up as a burden whereas his sister was/is a saint. He can never do right. She’s very overbearing when we visit, all contact is via me. It’s very very strange, she doesn’t call or text my husband, she messages me. When we visit she doesn’t talk to my husband, she talks to me. It’s like he doesn’t exist!
Generally I don’t feel comfortable around her, again I think she’s a shite parent and I really feel sorry for my husband there relationship if you can call it that is barely anything. She sees my kids Easter Christmas and Birthdays, then has the audacity for her and her daughter to complain at us that ‘were meant to be family’ we’ve never stopped them visiting 😂! Oddballs.
I'd break my foot kicking those two munted twats to the kerb !

Last night I choked on my water and started coughing loads so she starts coughing louder from the other room. Realised he wasn’t coming and came in and said ‘oh you were just going to leave me coughing then’ while I was still spluttering from choking.

Also this morning she asked me where I was going.. clearly to work.. and she said oh I need some bits from the shop. I said I was running late so wouldn’t be going to the shop so she asked me to get her milk on the way home. The shop is about 10 meters from the front door and she is fully able bodied, just lazy. Then moaned when I came in an hour late from work after overtime this evening because she had been waiting all day for her milk!
Leave ASAP and never return. The woman is deranged or just a selfish twit and will never likely improve from the sound of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Well thank God I am mother-in-law-less now thats all I can say!

I am a Mother-in-Law though yet I don't do any of this stuff, I don't meddle nor interfere, I let my kids live their own lives even if I think they're making a mistake, I don't preach at them nor do I expect them to come running after me and I doubt I am alone in this. Its horrid old bags like the ones on here who get all M-I-L's labelled the same as nasty, vindictive old dragons; Some of us really are NICE :)

• Heart
Well thank God I am mother-in-law-less now thats all I can say!

I am a Mother-in-Law though yet I don't do any of this stuff, I don't meddle nor interfere, I let my kids live their own lives even if I think they're making a mistake, I don't preach at them nor do I expect them to come running after me and I doubt I am alone in this. Its horrid old bags like the ones on here who get all M-I-L's labelled the same as nasty, vindictive old dragons; Some of us really are NICE :)
Interesting perspective.
My mum is a mother in law to 3 people and I do sometimes wonder what my brother and sisters spouses think of her! My husband adores my mum luckily, he's actually asked my parents for help with something before his own because it's 'easier'.

My own in-laws are PITA, they mean well, but god they are overbearing. If he rings them they must ask 3-4times if he's ok. Like the first time he answered he was lying. I do feel a bit sorry for them though, they have a granddaughter about 2hour drive away and they barely see her (my brother and sister in law just don't invite them)

• Sad
Reactions: 1
My understanding is they’re going inside the house, to help her get around. Out of the bed to the commode, help her make her way to kitchen ..so on the walls? Does that make sense or am I being played 😅
No, that makes sense. Different circumstances but I broke my foot last year and wasn't allowed to use the bugger for 10 weeks, we had hand rails by the bed, toilet, shower, front door and back door. They were £3 in wickes and my husband had them all up in an hour! Still waiting for them to go down though lol

• Haha
No, that makes sense. Different circumstances but I broke my foot last year and wasn't allowed to use the bugger for 10 weeks, we had hand rails by the bed, toilet, shower, front door and back door. They were £3 in wickes and my husband had them all up in an hour! Still waiting for them to go down though lol
I'd get used to those handles being there then! Use them to hang stuff on etc ;)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.