Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww love! I feel so bad for you! I thought my boyfriend and his Mum were close I'd be on the verge of kicking them both out if I were you!

Reactions: 9
Ahh you all make me feel so much better at least I know it’s not in my head that it’s fucking WEIRD. The whole situation makes me resent her soooo much which is not how I want to feel towards somebody who is very unwell.

The other day Mr P did mention to her that she’d be going home soon.. and within 5 mins of him saying it she fell over ... all seemed a bit suss if you ask me

Reactions: 13
I'm getting Norman Bates type vibes here.....

Reactions: 5
Sounds like he might want to marry her instead. Is it too late to run?

Reactions: 2
Mr peaches needs to go stay with her if she’s only 10 mins away, you should not be on the sofa!

Reactions: 15
I don't mean to cast aspersions on Mr Peaches but it sounds really like he needs to tell his mother to piss off.

I can't believe she's in your bed with him. That's just beyond comprehension

Reactions: 14
He's putting her before you and your child. Tell him to tell her to go and refuse to let this situation happen again . Get tough my love.

Reactions: 10
I know it's easier said than done but think you need to ask your partner and his mother to temporarily move back to her house. This is so unfair on you not even thinking of how bloody weird it is they're sharing your bed.

Reactions: 15
You should set up camp at her house on your own

Reactions: 8
So the original plan was, she would stay here for ONE WEEK and then if he felt she still couldn’t be alone he would go to her house with her and pop back to us when he could which suited me fine. We only have the one child and he was just going back to school after the closures so this plan was perfect. It just NEVER happened and when I asked or even mentioned it to his family I was met with the response that it’s best she’s at mine because I have no stairs and an en suite for her to use ...

They’re in bed now. Would it freak you all out if I said he sleeps in his boxers next to her too ..cos it’s true

In the morning I am going to tell him this can not go on and he needs to find a way for her to go home. Either alone, or he can go with her too.

I will need a new mattress when she’s gone. I can’t go back to sleeping on it can I

Reactions: 36
I’d be moving myself into her house to get some space. Sorry but that is beyond weird that she’s in your bed!

Ive just read your lasted post, I can’t image what this must be doing to your relationship!

Reactions: 13
Yeah in all seriousness, he might try to make you feel bad for saying it’s not on but he must realise deep down that sleeping in a bed with his mum every night at his age is inappropriate! Regardless of her health. Stand your ground, you’re willing to help but not have her take over your space and bed forever. It’s time for him to step up and arrange a more permanent solution as this has gone on for long enough.

Reactions: 12
So she’s not keen for you all to stay at her house as it’s “invasive” but she’s happy for you to sleep on the sofa while she sleeps in your bed??? Do I have that right?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.