Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posted this in the "what's pissed you off" thread but it's relevant here too.

Had a parcel delivered to my MIL because she doesn't work, so I knew she'd be there to receive it. Nobody would be in at mine. She's just text "Hi, your parcel has arrived, I've opened it to check it was alright, do you want me to tape it back up?" WHAT THE duck!!!!!! Thankfully it wasn't anything personal but imagine if it was a massive duck off vibrator!!!

The parcel was in my name, so there could have been no confusion.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Had a parcel delivered to my MIL because she doesn't work, so I knew she'd be there to receive it. Nobody would be in at mine. She's just text "Hi, your parcel has arrived, I've opened it to check it was alright, do you want me to tape it back up?" WHAT THE duck!!!!!! Thankfully it wasn't anything personal but imagine if it was a massive duck off vibrator!!!

Next time I’d order the massive dildo, have it delivered there and imagine her reaction when she opens it. It’ll teach her not to be so bloody nosey. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Next time I’d order the massive dildo, have it delivered there and imagine her reaction when she opens it. It’ll teach her not to be so bloody nosey. 😜
I'd order one of those confetti cannons that leave a huge mess and glitter everywhere for years ... that'd teach her! 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Oh my god!!! What an absolute liberty.

You should so get something outrageous sent there so when she opens it she regrets it 😂😂😂

OMG! That’s sooo annoying... me and my partner never hardly argue unless it’s about her, and I feel the exact same as you on that last paragraph. It annoys me so much because even when he knows she’s in the wrong or he agrees it’s bad what she’s done he will say ”what am I supposed to do it’s my mum”... I try to tell him we both want the best for him just she thinks the best is treating him like his 5 and I want him to be independent, I hate feeling like I’m putting him in a hard place but also feel like he needs to set boundaries for his own benefit. I’ve told him I can’t imagine our future if things don’t change, I have just tried to kill her with kindness recently and just agree with everything even if I know she’s wrong. I try and convince myself just to feel sorry for her because her life is obviously so boring she feels the needs to control his... she gets jealous of anything we do, my partner surprised me with an iPad during the second lockdown and he told me not to say anything because she would be angry... shes a grown woman with her own money. I worry that if I try and ignore her she will get worse, I think she would dig her heels in more if I hid stuff from her. She once caught me and my partner having a conversation about hen do and stag do (we aren’t even engaged) and she literally RAN in from the kitchen she had obviously been ear wigging and said no no weddings thank you... I think the thought of her son growing up and having his own family will kill her. She also tries to make me look bad to my partner, she will text him saying ive not answered her call or I seem pissed off (I probably am) but why text him that... it annoys me cos she acts sooo innocent but knows exactly what she’s doing.

Honestly we are the same! We only ever argue over her, she used to try and wind me up and then I realised she knew it ended in us arguing. I don't understand though as a mother myself now why you would want to make your child's life harder. Like I get that there's this whole mother / daughter in law thing that people play up to or whatever or maybe she really just can't stand me but to know it's causing her son agg just seems bizzarre.

Making constant notes on how NOT to act when my daughter is in a relationship 😂. I'm sorry your going through it though it is crappy and stress we don't need. Xx

Reactions: 9

Next Christmas or birthday, give her a sex toy or sexy novel. If she complains, reply, 'my mistake, I thought that's what you hoped for that time you opened my delivery.'

• Haha
Reactions: 4
mine keeps asking when we are having kids even though we just got married 4 months ago
i think its because her other set of grandkids live over in america
normally , i just ignore her but last time she asked me i finally told her "well when we do have them, it wont be while we are in this country" as we are moving overseas in 3 years
now shes in a huff and wont talk because she will have 2 sets of grandkids overseas

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
mine keeps asking when we are having kids even though we just got married 4 months ago
i think its because her other set of grandkids live over in america
normally , i just ignore her but last time she asked me i finally told her "well when we do have them, it wont be while we are in this country" as we are moving overseas in 3 years
now shes in a huff and wont talk because she will have 2 sets of grandkids overseas
Or just tell her that her son enjoys a blow job too much so intercourse is on the back burner for now 🤨😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m very lucky, I get on so well with my MIL. She’s very supportive but let’s us get on with things. I don’t have my own Mother close by so she’s like my second Mum.
My ex MIL on the other hand... she mollycoddled her son, did everything for him, had to know every detail of his business. My ex boyfriend still lived at home at the time and she would walk into his bedroom without knocking to tidy his room or put his clothes away, whilst I was in the room getting changed or in bed!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m very lucky, I get on so well with my MIL. She’s very supportive but let’s us get on with things. I don’t have my own Mother close by so she’s like my second Mum.
My ex MIL on the other hand... she mollycoddled her son, did everything for him, had to know every detail of his business. My ex boyfriend still lived at home at the time and she would walk into his bedroom without knocking to tidy his room or put his clothes away, whilst I was in the room getting changed or in bed!!
This happened to me once with my ex boyfriends mum... just as we were having sex. So awkward. I’m not sure if she realised or not but she sort of stayed in the room talking to us for a bit (we obviously stopped as soon as she opened the door). It was super weird. Safe to say I don’t miss her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I once tried expressing to her that her sons angry out bursts has escalated beyond punching walls and throwing things and that although I had left him, I was concerned and wanted him to seek therapy or something to help him.

Her response? “Well. Ive never known him be like that.”

Sound. You may as well of said I’m the problem, chicken. Funnily enough I don’t think you’ve ever been his girlfriend either, and how many abusive partners throw jabs at their mother? Errrrr very few. 😂

• Heart
I once tried expressing to her that her sons angry out bursts has escalated beyond punching walls and throwing things and that although I had left him, I was concerned and wanted him to seek therapy or something to help him.

Her response? “Well. Ive never known him be like that.”

Sound. You may as well of said I’m the problem, chicken. Funnily enough I don’t think you’ve ever been his girlfriend either, and how many abusive partners throw jabs at their mother? Errrrr very few. 😂
Classic mother in law! Blame the girlfriend instead of their precious son. God forbid they take any responsibility. 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Mine is a right pain in the neck!

I live in a huge city which takes two hours to get across town at off-peak time on a good day, and she insists on me dropping whatever I'm doing to take her to her monthly bridge game. There is absolutely no reason why she can't drive over herself; she says the fast-moving traffic scares her but really she just likes everyone to run around after her. The person who used to pick her up and drop her back lived a short distance from my MiL but moved away.

I texted her yesterday to say I had worked an all-nighter so wouldn't be able to pick her up as usual as I was extremely exhausted; I then got a really cranky call from my lazy sister-in-law asking why I'd upset her. I explained that I was not fit to drive and suggested she might like to take her instead ... to which she said she was working from home so couldn't (her 'working from home' is doing nothing - she's just as difficult as her mother). So I rang an Uber to collect her and she refused flatly to go when he turned up. And now I'm the big meanie for ruining her day. Sheesh!

Thankfully my husband sees my point of view. I'll wait until things cool a bit then text her to suggest she make her own arrangements from now on.

• Wow
  • Angry

I live in a huge city which takes two hours to get across town at off-peak time on a good day, and she insists on me dropping whatever I'm doing to take her to her monthly bridge game. There is absolutely no reason why she can't drive over herself; she says the fast-moving traffic scares her but really she just likes everyone to run around after her. The person who used to pick her up and drop her back lived a short distance from my MiL but moved away.

I texted her yesterday to say I had worked an all-nighter so wouldn't be able to pick her up as usual as I was extremely exhausted; I then got a really cranky call from my lazy sister-in-law asking why I'd upset her. I explained that I was not fit to drive and suggested she might like to take her instead ... to which she said she was working from home so couldn't (her 'working from home' is doing nothing - she's just as difficult as her mother). So I rang an Uber to collect her and she refused flatly to go when he turned up. And now I'm the big meanie for ruining her day. Sheesh!

Thankfully my husband sees my point of view. I'll wait until things cool a bit then text her to suggest she make her own arrangements from now on.
Also why is she going out anywhere at the moment?????

Reactions: 1

She sounds like a nightmare!

Reactions: 1
My MIL resents me for helping my husband grow a back bone. Well into his 20s she would continue to shop for him and buy his clothes, despite him already having moved out. The clothes were not good, not his taste, really ugly and outdated. He would accept them from her but then not wear them which she complained so much about til he finally wore them in front of her. I slowly encouraged him to push back little by little.

Well, next she got drunk and I was in their house she confronted me, called me controlling, said it was bad the way I controlled her son, told him what not to wear and what was OK. Shes delusional.

One time she'd announced she was coming to visit us. We would say OK but warn her we had a dinner reservation for date night at 8pm (they live farther away so the expectation was they'd come in the afternoon). Repeatedly as it got later husband text her to remind this. She arrived at 7.40pm. We were literally on our way out the door. She was so shocked at how rude we were being, fully expected us to cave to her plans. It so blatantly seemed to she had purposefully down it after wed mentioned our plans

Reactions: 5
Mine is a proper c u next Tuesday...... in the early days when she came round she would say things like oh do you miss mummy’s home cooking, if we had a takeaway or I just couldn’t be bothered to cook!!!!! Or she would make snide comments like oh I’ve just made dad a cooked breakfast on a Sunday morning if she called !! If for instance we decided to be healthy and have weetabix and toast 😂😂😂, can not stand her!!!! And she can’t stand me !!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.