Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow reading some of these, both physical and emotional things, shows how strong we can be.

My experience; Very painful periods throughout my teenage years - to the point I would be on all fours throwing up.. I gave birth 2 years ago and it wasn’t until then that I realised the period pains I used to get were worse than the contractions! Midwife kept asking if I wanted pain relief - I never bothered as I felt like I didn’t need it! (Not trying to sound big headed just my experience)

Glandular fever last year - will never forget the disgusting state of my throat I could barely swallow & the tiredness lasted months.

Migraines - give me childbirth any day! Terrible pain and nausea that can last up to 3 days and then another day of a hangover type 🤢

Emotional pain - probably miscarriage last year 👼🏻 had our heart set on that little baby even tho I was only 7 weeks along 💔 currently 9 weeks pregnant again and not getting excited at all yet unfortunately am just too scared 😟

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Overian syst and heavy periods that last for weeks n weeks. Nothing the doctor gives me works. So much do I have the hospital on Monday to hopefully get me on my way to some answers at the grand old age of 33...onky been suffering then since I was 12 x

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Childbirth second time round, stand alone birthing unit. Cord split after delivery, midwife had to insert her hand and find the end and tug it out. Swear it was more painful than the actual baby!
Yes..... happened to me too 🤮🤮

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Induced labour. The epidural didn't work and they turned the drugs up to full as they didn't realise I'd feel it.

Or slamming the top of my finger in a car door so hard that I broke the bone 🤮

Reactions: 1
Decided at age 7 to climb over a barbed wire fence and consequently ripped my lady bits! I ran home screaming and my mum told me to shut up. Later when I went for a wee i started screaming in pain again and mum rushed me up to hospital whilst apologising for telling me to shut up. Took about a week to heal.

Second was after giving birth and being left with a 3rd degree tear.

Third was emotional pain as a teenager, I had lost someone very special and remember thinking that I'd rather have a broken neck than feel how I did at that time.

Also hyperemesis in all pregnancies was torture, couldn't go through that again!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I was in an accident that resulted in my entire face being smashed in. Cannot describe the sheer torture of broken cheekbones, nose and both jaws. Couldn't speak, eat, open my mouth more than 3mm (not kidding, had to take fluids through a syringe), cough or sneeze (controlling involuntary things like that was such a struggle), and every step I took while walking felt like the bones in my face were shifting. :sick:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Being stitched up after suffering a second degree tear in childbirth without any anaesthetic. Actually, no. 3 days of contractions was worse. I was hallucinating by the end of it because I’d had no sleep.

Reactions: 2
Physical? The failed epidural during my c-section. I felt them cutting me open.

Losing my 4 year old son was more painful though. I'd take a million failed epidurals over that pain.

Good lord. I am so sorry you have had to experience that loss. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
-When my grandmother died.
-The day I decided I would try to kill myself.
-Period pain twice so bad I couldn't move and I'd just cry.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Physically 2 things come to mind.
Having genuine flu. Not the influencer kind which is actually a cold 🙊 I honestly felt like I was dying.
I've had 3 natural labours with no pain relief and honestly my milk coming in was worse pain wise. It was agony!!

Reactions: 5
My first labour which culminated in forceps, absolutely horrendous.

I had a sinus infection when I was pregnant with my second baby and the pain and pressure in my face was unbearable. I felt like I was going to explode at any second and I couldn’t do much about it especially as I was only in my first trimester.

Reactions: 3
I used to get terrible migraines then I got my daith pierced and have not had one for 4 months and counting. I figured worst case it doesn't work, then I take it out.
Thankfully I don’t have them as often anymore *touch wood* but I have considered getting one. I had one recently for the first time in about 6 months so if they start up again (I tend to go through year long spurts of getting a lot) I’ll definitely consider it!

Losing my 4 year old son was more painful though. I'd take a million failed epidurals over that pain.
Oh my god the first part of this comment made me cringe so much then I got sad.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine. If you want to talk about him I’m sure everyone won’t mind 💗

So sorry for your loss. I hope you are managing to muddle through. I lost my first daughter when she was 4 months in a fire and almost 16 years later I still sometimes find it hard to breathe when I think of her. It's truly the worst grief and I have lost 2 brothers quite suddenly. A child is just unbearable x

• Sad
Reactions: 14
The worst pain for me was tooth infection and waiting for the antibiotics to clear it before I could have the tooth extracted. Never known pain like it as it was constant. Labour was a breeze after the tooth pain. I've forgotten the pain of labour but have never forgotten the tooth pain and it was 20 years ago!

So many terribly tragic stories on this thread, I hope everyone has managed to find some love and light after. ❤

Reactions: 17
When I was pregnant with my 2nd I pulled a muscle in my stomach from carrying my then 1 year old
Could barely walk the pain was agony.

My 2 births in comparison were piss easy and had no pain relief either time.

Swine flu was the worst for me. My whole body ached in a way I didn’t even know it was possible.
I had a horrendous birth (3rd degree tear with episiotomy added to the mix, couldn’t seat properly for weeks) and it didn’t even come close to the pain of flu

Reactions: 1