Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in slow labour for 5 days. Then found the baby was back to back. No pain killers as I was that fed up i didn't go to the hospital until i was 7cm dilated.
Mental pain was morning sickness. Laid in bed for 8 weeks losing my mind 😖

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Slipped disc in my back.....my C Sec wasn’t a patch on the pain, nor was the subsequent back surgery to release the nerves said disc trapped (Just had Paracetamol post surgery - Key Hole rocks!)

Reactions: 2
Worst is Dvt/ blood clot in pelvis. Pain was horrific and my whole leg swelled up double in size
Followed by c section after the epidural wore off

Reactions: 1
Had this discussion with friends today and it's made me curious!

Most painful thing I've ever had was probably migraines. I get them bad and can really suffer from them. I can be in bed for days and I also go numb down one side of the body which can be quite scary.

What about you?
I used to get terrible migraines then I got my daith pierced and have not had one for 4 months and counting. I figured worst case it doesn't work, then I take it out.

Reactions: 3
When my mum died. Felt like my heart had been ripped out. Never felt anything like it. The pain was indescribable and the grief just whacked it up x10.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
Getting my ear syringed. Oh my Christ.

Worse than labour pains and c section.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have hydrocephalus. It went untreated once. Essentially all the fluid that feeds your brain and generally swishes around your body, built up in my head and didn’t drain (my body is unable to drain the fluid like a normal person’s does. I have a tube in place to do it for me; the tube got blocked)

The ensuing, constant headache was so horrific I couldn’t move, speak, sleep, open my eyes, listen to anything. Like having a rubber band around your head and then thunderclaps. No medication is able to soothe the headache because no medication is able to drain the fluid for you. Genuinely the worst pain I have ever had, I live in fear of it happening again 😬

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Also after I took my overdose, I was found and I was taken to hospital and put on a drip to basically stop my insides shutting down. I was sick for 8 hours straight. My whole body was in agony. My head was pounding and mentally I was so far at rock bottom I didn’t know what to do with myself or where I went from there. That was pain like no other

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Physically :- contracting sepsis during labour with my first child. I was extremely poorly, I can barely remember much to this day but I remember feeling like I was going to die. Ended up having an emergency cesarean under general anaesthetic.

Emotionally : - Losing my older cousin who was like a sister to me. She had Down syndrome and was just an amazing person all round. I’ve never been the same since and it’s been almost 20 years now.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Labour and the recovery from a c section. Migraines.
Losing my brother when I was 14, he was 23

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Also after I took my overdose, I was found and I was taken to hospital and put on a drip to basically stop my insides shutting down. I was sick for 8 hours straight. My whole body was in agony. My head was pounding and mentally I was so far at rock bottom I didn’t know what to do with myself or where I went from there. That was pain like no other
Sorry you went through that. I hope you are feeling better now x

Reactions: 5
A tooth abscess. I was abroad at the time and there were no dentists around and I found myself frantically scouring the villa I was staying in for pliers or a hammer because pulling/hitting out my tooth myself would have been sweet relief.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I used to get terrible migraines then I got my daith pierced and have not had one for 4 months and counting. I figured worst case it doesn't work, then I take it out.
I meant to comment this. My friend had awful migraines and got the piercing and it worked a treat for her.

I had them bad as a teen, thankfully I grew out of them. While I get them occasionally, they’re nothing compared to what I used to have.

Reactions: 2