Most pain you've ever been in?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I shattered glass into my hand and when the nurse went to remove it I was on gas and air, I felt everythinggggg. Had snot coming from my nose and dribbling while trying to steady my breathing 😂😂😂 Went into surgery in the end

• Wow
Reactions: 2
this is almost identical to my experience of my very slow back to back labour and my all day long constant pregnancy sickness too!
To be fair though labour wasn’t that bad once I managed to get an epidural, didn’t even feel the pushing part lol! Worst pain ever for me was a root canal, after the anaesthetic worn off it was awful non stop pain for 5 days, I was breastfeeding my 4 month old too so couldn’t go to town on the pain like I usually would!
Awful. Hospital sent me home twice. Didn't know she was back to back until I was pushing 😳 thought my second delivery would be a walk in the park after an easy one with my first. How wrong was I 😖

Reactions: 3
Childbirth. My labour started during changeover so it took a couple hours for them to give me any drugs. Then I had all the pain relief I could get my hands on but after a while the epidural stopped working and I felt everything. The pain was sickening, I felt like ripping my body open so I could escape

Been through a lot of emotional pain too. Being betrayed by my supposed boyfriend and best friend hurt so much, made worse by the fact he was the one I’d want to turn to in that situation

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The combination of C section recovery, costochondritis and a really bad cough. It felt like my whole abdomen was being repeatedly ripped open.
I have been up and able to carry on after previous sections but this floored me.
Earache and toothache are the work of the devil.

Mumps when I was 15. Absolutely horrific 😳

And having local anaesthetic injected deep into my heel to have sea urchin spikes dug out 😬

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Giving birth with a broken sternum and collapsed discs in my back. With no pain relief. I didn't know at the time the bones were broken. I just thought the pain was a pregnancy symptom. Oh it was bleeping awful. I couldn't even walk at one point and was confined to my couch.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Dislocating my shoulder.

As painful as that was, I haven't given birth or broken any bones, so I haven't come close to the pain some of you have experienced! 😱

Giving birth with a broken sternum and collapsed discs in my back. With no pain relief. I didn't know at the time the bones were broken. I just thought the pain was a pregnancy symptom. Oh it was bleeping awful. I couldn't even walk at one point and was confined to my couch.
You win this thread! 😱😱😱

Being in labour with our baby that we knew had died. The physical pain (even with morphine) and mental pain is something I will never forget.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
When I was 9 our family dog tore half of my face off. Nothing comes close, not even birth.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I have a pretty high pain threshold, I broke my hand one christmas (although I didn't know it) I only went to minor injuries a week later when the swelling wasn't going down and they told me it was broken. I've also had 3 9lb+ babies, 2 of them without pain relief at all. But the worst for me was an ear infection, my ear completely sealed shut it was so swollen and the antibiotics the GP gave me were doing nothing so I got sent to hospital where they inserted a little gauze strip and put in antibiotic ear drops that I had to administer 3 times a day after that. It was so bad they nearly admitted me for IV antibiotics but decided to do the drops first as they were lacking beds. It was the worst pain ever, nothing has ever come close to it and I hope nothing ever does again.

Reactions: 4
Apart from childbirth and migraines I have to say getting bleach in my eye was horrendous. Apart from the pain it went cloudy and blurry for about 3 weeks so I thought I was losing the sight in it. So frightening. All fine now though.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Being in labour with our baby that we knew had died. The physical pain (even with morphine) and mental pain is something I will never forget.
Omg sending hugs ❤ Somethings this forum really puts things into perspective when I think I'm having a bad day ❤

Reactions: 6