Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Titntat

VIP Member
Being in labour with our baby that we knew had died. The physical pain (even with morphine) and mental pain is something I will never forget.
Omg sending hugs ❤ Somethings this forum really puts things into perspective when I think I'm having a bad day ❤

Reactions: 6

Skyeball

Chatty Member
Labour. My first one took 36 hours to emerge which was lovely!
The slow healing from all three, 2nd almost 3rd degree tears that took an hour each to fix.
The first one's repair was done without local anaesthesia as I was too poorly for anyone to attempt another drug. For this, I'd expect a tidy bedroom occasionally..not going to lie 😂
Non child related stuff, I'm going to go with orthopedic surgery. And a jawbone infection. Couldn't even drink for weeks, my Nan had to be virtually move in to be my carer. I couldn't move, Vile.
Emotional, I'm not going to go into a long list and depress you all. But, I can't see me ever getting over my beloved Nanna and Grandads deaths.
My actual soulmate, protectors, friends, advisors all rolled in to one pair of beauty.
I've never been the same I don't think.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Ozzy11

Me..right now! Earlier coming home with shopping I was knocked on my face into the main road...by the wind!! I am now sat with a massive lump and black eye also suspected broken wrist..off to x-ray tommorow...didnt go earlier as the unit was shut due to suspected corona virus patient!....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Wetmyplants

VIP Member
Also after I took my overdose, I was found and I was taken to hospital and put on a drip to basically stop my insides shutting down. I was sick for 8 hours straight. My whole body was in agony. My head was pounding and mentally I was so far at rock bottom I didn’t know what to do with myself or where I went from there. That was pain like no other
Sorry you went through that. I hope you are feeling better now x

Pickminy

Physically 2 things come to mind.
Having genuine flu. Not the influencer kind which is actually a cold 🙊 I honestly felt like I was dying.
I've had 3 natural labours with no pain relief and honestly my milk coming in was worse pain wise. It was agony!!

Mustard

VIP Member
One of the worst (I have many) was the removal of impacted lower wisdom teeth at age 19. Was done under local anaesthetic and the pain afterwards went on for weeks. It felt like someone had jack hammered my entire head. I could not sleep for days. Was living with my parents and my mother eventually got me some codeine from the local pharmacy for the pain. It only helped a little bit. This was in the US and I guess before the advent of things like oxycodone.

• Sad
  • Wow

noonecaresaboutyou

Chatty Member
Personally for me physically it has to be an emergency C section, although it's not what I wanted it was advised, it's definitely the recevory process after- I had e-coli and sepsis and was in hospital after for about 2 weeks after and 2 weeks before my induced labour.

Mentally I'd have to say losing my Mum (46) suddenly to a heart condition, to witness that at the age 21 still haunts me now, the grief is like nothing I've ever experienced and then losing my Nan just before Christmas as well after having a stroke. Life is so cruel!

• Sad

LunaArthur

Childbirth, specifically my second labour on just gas and air. I can vividly recall when the head was half out and waiting for the next contraction... It was unbearable. 3 months later and I’m definitely not having a 3rd baby. 😂😭

Twinkle485

I loved childbirth honestly I didn’t think it was that bad I zone out with pain and have a very high pain tolerance.

But saying that I slammed my fingers in my front door a few months back and I cannot describe how much it hurt it was horrific.
I couldn’t close my hand for about 3 days it was insane.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Spinidge

VIP Member
Also after I took my overdose, I was found and I was taken to hospital and put on a drip to basically stop my insides shutting down. I was sick for 8 hours straight. My whole body was in agony. My head was pounding and mentally I was so far at rock bottom I didn’t know what to do with myself or where I went from there. That was pain like no other
Good lord you've been through it. I hope you're feeling better now xx

Calabria

VIP Member
I have a high pain threshold - like I stopped taking any painkillers at all three days after major abdominal surgery, walked on a badly broken ankle, etc etc.

But, my B12 deficiency got so bad (before it was detected) that I was having neurological symptoms where my arms would stop working. One day it happened to my right leg - I couldn’t move it at ALL and I was sobbing with pain for pretty much the entire 24 hours it was like it. Then it went away as fast as it had come on. I was inconsolable.

• Sad