Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Apart from childbirth and migraines I have to say getting bleach in my eye was horrendous. Apart from the pain it went cloudy and blurry for about 3 weeks so I thought I was losing the sight in it. So frightening. All fine now though.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

Halliestar

VIP Member
With my daughter I had an episiotomy. The second day stitches all came open and it was a deep and quite a big open wound. Went doctors and she even said it’s one of the worst she seen. Couldn’t do anything about it though hospital refused to restitch due to risk of infection so I had to let it heal on it’s own. I could hardly get around as when I walked the pain was awful, going for a wee was a nightmare the sting 😬 and sitting on my bum was impossible. I missed out bonding properly with my daughter for them first few weeks as I felt really sad as well. Took around a month for the pain to go

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Giving birth with a broken sternum and collapsed discs in my back. With no pain relief. I didn't know at the time the bones were broken. I just thought the pain was a pregnancy symptom. Oh it was fucking awful. I couldn't even walk at one point and was confined to my couch.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

QueenKJ

aww I’m so sorry about your child..I don’t think I could begin to imagine 😔xxx

Physical? The failed epidural during my c-section. I felt them cutting me open.

Losing my 4 year old son was more painful though. I'd take a million failed epidurals over that pain.
aww I’m so sorry about your child..I don’t think I could begin to imagine 😔xxx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

lexle

Labour and the recovery from a c section. Migraines.
Losing my brother when I was 14, he was 23

• Sad
Reactions: 7

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
-When my grandmother died.
-The day I decided I would try to kill myself.
-Period pain twice so bad I couldn't move and I'd just cry.

• Sad
  • Sick

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Endometriosis.
It feels like someone is crushing my hips, lower back and pelvis through a grinder. It is so hard to even describe but I have read that endo pain can be worse than labour pain (from those who've gone through both). The pain can be so bad that I feel like I am going to pass out. The only thing that helps is a warm bath. I am getting excision surgery this year so hopefully, that helps.

• Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
Oh my god the first part of this comment made me cringe so much then I got sad.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine. If you want to talk about him I’m sure everyone won’t mind 💗
Thank you! If I started talking about him I don’t think I’d ever stop but I’ll just say he was the happiest little chap ever. Miss his laugh more and more every day.

So sorry for your loss. I hope you are managing to muddle through. I lost my first daughter when she was 4 months in a fire and almost 16 years later I still sometimes find it hard to breathe when I think of her. It's truly the worst grief and I have lost 2 brothers quite suddenly. A child is just unbearable x
i am so sorry. It’s only been 4 years since E died and being without him for another 12 years sounds unbearable. I just take it one day at a time and I don’t have ‘good days’ but the really bad days are the worst. They’re getting fewer and farther apart though so that’s something.
Sending you love 💗

Last edited:

Titntat

VIP Member
I was in slow labour for 5 days. Then found the baby was back to back. No pain killers as I was that fed up i didn't go to the hospital until i was 7cm dilated.
Mental pain was morning sickness. Laid in bed for 8 weeks losing my mind 😖

• Sad

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Childbirth. My labour started during changeover so it took a couple hours for them to give me any drugs. Then I had all the pain relief I could get my hands on but after a while the epidural stopped working and I felt everything. The pain was sickening, I felt like ripping my body open so I could escape

Been through a lot of emotional pain too. Being betrayed by my supposed boyfriend and best friend hurt so much, made worse by the fact he was the one I’d want to turn to in that situation

• Sad

Windswept

Tooth abscess and a cracked tooth, and a botched treatment from my usual NHS dentist in which included a weird/horrible experience with the injection process as well. It was months and further surgery via a private dentist paid for by money from my very generous grandmother before I was "normal" in any way again, and longer still before I recovered from the mental trauma. I don't think I'll ever really get over it, though and I think the whole thing contributed to the nervous breakdown I had that year. Still haunts me a bit and I can't think of 2016 as anything other than the worst year of my life.

• Sad

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Decided at age 7 to climb over a barbed wire fence and consequently ripped my lady bits! I ran home screaming and my mum told me to shut up. Later when I went for a wee i started screaming in pain again and mum rushed me up to hospital whilst apologising for telling me to shut up. Took about a week to heal.

Second was after giving birth and being left with a 3rd degree tear.

Third was emotional pain as a teenager, I had lost someone very special and remember thinking that I'd rather have a broken neck than feel how I did at that time.

Also hyperemesis in all pregnancies was torture, couldn't go through that again!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Ginfluenced

A tooth abscess. I was abroad at the time and there were no dentists around and I found myself frantically scouring the villa I was staying in for pliers or a hammer because pulling/hitting out my tooth myself would have been sweet relief.

• Sad
Reactions: 6