MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am super-late to the game, but wanted to share an MK Molly experience my daughters and I had. I came across these threads and realized we were definitely not the only ones! I was a huge AE and Molly fan, as were my daughters, so we have tried to explain away this encounter. We met her in 2021 during her AE filming of 'This Disney World Video is a Disaster'. We realized after the encounter that she was filming this video, and tried to chalk up her demeanor to the day being a 'disaster'. Well, the day was incredibly busy, hot, and honestly just typical in many ways, but grimacing is bizarre and so rude when an 8 and 10 year old (and their mom) excitedly try to say hello to someone they've seen on YT. I even tried to step in and say we had been following her recommendations (cringing now that I said that), but her response remained rather disgusted like we were bothering her. She grunted some kind of response to us but it was not discernable, other than 'go away'. It has always been so strange to me since she has emphasized her previous experience in Guest Relations!?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I am super-late to the game, but wanted to share an MK Molly experience my daughters and I had. I came across these threads and realized we were definitely not the only ones! I was a huge AE and Molly fan, as were my daughters, so we have tried to explain away this encounter. We met her in 2021 during her AE filming of 'This Disney World Video is a Disaster'. We realized after the encounter that she was filming this video, and tried to chalk up her demeanor to the day being a 'disaster'. Well, the day was incredibly busy, hot, and honestly just typical in many ways, but grimacing is bizarre and so rude when an 8 and 10 year old (and their mom) excitedly try to say hello to someone they've seen on YT. I even tried to step in and say we had been following her recommendations (cringing now that I said that), but her response remained rather disgusted like we were bothering her. She grunted some kind of response to us but it was not discernable, other than 'go away'. It has always been so strange to me since she has emphasized her previous experience in Guest Relations!?
Absolutely. She's all facade. Maybe you tried to look at the right side of her face? (She always poses showing the left side and often with hair down over the right side as if she has burns all over it)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I am super-late to the game, but wanted to share an MK Molly experience my daughters and I had. I came across these threads and realized we were definitely not the only ones! I was a huge AE and Molly fan, as were my daughters.....Well, the day was incredibly busy, hot, and honestly just typical in many ways, but grimacing is bizarre and so rude when an 8 and 10 year old (and their mom) excitedly try to say hello to someone they've seen on YT.
Met her & Quincy at Hollywood Studios, waited til they were done filming. I kinda nerded out & got the same quick 'thanks' & that was it. I scurried off, feeling super awkward & thinking about how I embarrassed myself. Now? I know it's not just me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Met her & Quincy at Hollywood Studios, waited til they were done filming. I kinda nerded out & got the same quick 'thanks' & that was it. I scurried off, feeling super awkward & thinking about how I embarrassed myself. Now? I know it's not just me.
You shouldn't be embarrassed at all. She's the one who should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It was so awkward because we absolutely did not interrupt her in any way. She was just walking, not vlogging, and I saw her ahead of us and told my daughters. They were so excited but she seemed so annoyed by our briefly introducing ourselves. The experience was just disheartening. I will say, and I am scared to do so (because I do not really watch TT vlogs now), that we happened to meet Tim Tracker on that same trip, at AK. He was actually very nice to us. Those experiences left me jaded overall in many ways!

Reactions: 6
Idg what Molly's problem is tbh. She wanted to be in the spotlight, on YouTube, the next great influencer. But she sucks at being a people person.

It's like people who do service jobs but their attitude sucks.

I don't get why she's doing this... Oh yeah, she wants to fly back and forth to the east coast and west coast on other people's dime.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It was so awkward because we absolutely did not interrupt her in any way. She was just walking, not vlogging, and I saw her ahead of us and told my daughters. They were so excited but she seemed so annoyed by our briefly introducing ourselves. The experience was just disheartening. I will say, and I am scared to do so (because I do not really watch TT vlogs now), that we happened to meet Tim Tracker on that same trip, at AK. He was actually very nice to us. Those experiences left me jaded overall in many ways!
Oddly, Tim Tracker - terrible person but can get it together for a few seconds and greet someone.
Molly - Super fake smile etc on video, but CAN'T get it together for a few seconds to greet someone. Oy.

Idg what Molly's problem is tbh. She wanted to be in the spotlight, on YouTube, the next great influencer. But she sucks at being a people person.

I don't get why she's doing this... Oh yeah, she wants to fly back and forth to the east coast and west coast on other people's dime.
That's the way - Please pay us to vacation.
My message to their stans/fans: Just don't. Pay for your own vacations and if you do have extra, give it to legit charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Absolutely. She's all facade. Maybe you tried to look at the right side of her face? (She always poses showing the left side and often with hair down over the right side as if she has burns all over it)
At this point, she should just get a half face mask and be done with it. :ROFLMAO: Phantom of the Bitchera.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve posted on the first thread about a similar situation I saw at Epcot. Molly couldn’t be bothered for two seconds to acknowledge a woman and her two kids that said “Hi” to her. Instead, staring at her phone was more important.

For the most part, these vloggers can muster at least a little niceness with their “fans”, even if it’s fake. But Molly and LBVTV Maria are two of the rudest people I’ve seen/encountered in the parks.

Not all social media folk enjoy the public. Josh over at RTV1 loves the attention but can't be bothered to enter a discussion with most people.
Those who catch the worst of it are children who come up to him as his school hall monitor side comes out and he barks "do you even watch my channel?" Kids usually cower a bit at that point which he loves. Big old mean man has power.

I get the feeling Molly doesn't enjoy adults nor likes being told face to face how much people watch and like her work. Hence Discord. That is where she absorbs all that energy. However, unlike Josh I feel like if a child approaches her she will be nice.

Reactions: 1
I’ve posted on the first thread about a similar situation I saw at Epcot. Molly couldn’t be bothered for two seconds to acknowledge a woman and her two kids that said “Hi” to her. Instead, staring at her phone was more important.

For the most part, these vloggers can muster at least a little niceness with their “fans”, even if it’s fake. But Molly and LBVTV Maria are two of the rudest people I’ve seen/encountered in the parks.
And for those who didn't see my initial post about her in the last thread, she totally faked doing the 5K on Castaway but still came back for a medal. She had to have gotten it before me and I passed her early on, finished and hung out at the finish waiting on my spouse. Never saw her.
---

I just take the fact that professional jackass Tim Tracker can be pleasant to fans (saw him on the Wish, they both looked miserable just walking around), then no reason for anyone else not to.

• Haha
For $30k a month she could have some business cards made up to hand out to fans she meets and make interaction with them as brief as possible but still positive and memorable.

What are the odds most of the people paying her part of that $30k can't afford to go to expensive theme parks themselves?

Not all social media folk enjoy the public. Josh over at RTV1 loves the attention but can't be bothered to enter a discussion with most people.
Those who catch the worst of it are children who come up to him as his school hall monitor side comes out and he barks "do you even watch my channel?" Kids usually cower a bit at that point which he loves. Big old mean man has power.

I get the feeling Molly doesn't enjoy adults nor likes being told face to face how much people watch and like her work. Hence Discord. That is where she absorbs all that energy. However, unlike Josh I feel like if a child approaches her she will be nice.
I’m sorry, but if she feels like that, then she’s in the wrong business. If she didn’t want to be bothered or has severe social anxiety, there’s plenty of media jobs behind the scenes.

She had no problem working with the public at Disney. Now that’s she’s Miss Boss witch, how dare the peasants approach her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m sorry, but if she feels like that, then she’s in the wrong business. If she didn’t want to be bothered or has severe social anxiety, there’s plenty of media jobs behind the scenes.

She had no problem working with the public at Disney. Now that’s she’s Miss Boss witch, how dare the peasants approach her.
I agree. She should not be in a crowd facing position if she's tired of tourists... to me it sounds like Disney burnt her out on dealing with the public, add in the cynicism fueled by Max and she just doesn't want to people anymore. I also think she's in denial on this.

I have heard Samantha Brown (remember her?) Hated people too. She was very demanding and rude to everyone but put on the sickly sweet traveler bit for her show. Those type shows are long gone. Everyone needs to learn to be nice.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

And all the "oh she was this and that at Disney" was her telling that. Yes, she had the job, but she didn't stay that long there, so maybe Disney didn't see her as a manager or maybe she was just OK at that job (nothing wrong with that at all) and stans build it up like she was Marty Sklar.

I agree. She should not be in a crowd facing position if she's tired of tourists... to me it sounds like Disney burnt her out on dealing with the public, add in the cynicism fueled by Max and she just doesn't want to people anymore. I also think she's in denial on this.

I have heard Samantha Brown (remember her?) Hated people too. She was very demanding and rude to everyone but put on the sickly sweet traveler bit for her show. Those type shows are long gone. Everyone needs to learn to be nice.
We used to like Samantha Brown's shows, but earlier this year or last year sometime read a thing where she recommended bringing duct tape to do things like put over outlets if you have kids, or tie back the curtains. ANYONE who has ever used duct tape knows it leaves a ton of residue on anything you put it on. Lost all respect I had for her then.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
MollyMcAwesome #3 MammothClub: Fake Crying During Barbie & Groaning At Fans
Did she actually cry at Barbie? Jesus. Was it the same cry at the hologram from the Starcruiser?

Also, just noticed they subscribe to Defunctland. I'd be willing to bet she gets a good chunk of her "knowledge" from watching those videos rather than any secret store of information that only employees 10 years gone have access to as some of the Stans might have us believe.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Did she actually cry at Barbie? Jesus. Was it the same cry at the hologram from the Starcruiser?

Also, just noticed they subscribe to Defunctland. I'd be willing to bet she gets a good chunk of her "knowledge" from watching those videos rather than any secret store of information that only employees 10 years gone have access to as some of the Stans might have us believe.
I mean, if she didn't cry it would be noteworthy.

• Haha

She's doing it for the same reason they all do it, the grift, they dont have any actual marketable skills once you peel back their disney masks.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.