Molly-Mae Hague #17 Timmy your career is over, how will you afford a ring & a Range Rover?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to her podcast with Steven Bartlett out of curiosity on 1.5 speed so you don't have to. She comes off as intensely unlikable in the first half. Like all the traits we know she has (materialism, arrogance, money obsessed) but exaggerated tenfold. Summary:

• She repeats her favourite saying that everyone has the same 24 hours in a day. Says she was criticised for saying this in the past because some people are born into poverty and don’t start at the same level, but she brushes this off and repeats “technically we do [have 24 hrs in the same day]”. Goes on to say that if you want something you can achieve it, and it all depends on what lengths you are willing to go to, and that she has gone to extreme lengths and works her arse off. She sounds particularly insensitive during this part and basically implies that poor people who aren’t successful just aren’t going to enough lengths to pull themselves out of poverty.
  • The reason she is where she is now is not because of Love Island.
  • She sets regular goals with Fran, with examples of earlier goals being she wanted 1, then 2 million in her bank account.
  • This part was the worst for me: she essentially says that what she has isn’t enough for her. She wants a bigger house, bigger things (she actually says this). Acknowledges this is something she needs to work on but this segment makes it clear that her goals are just about money and having more of it.
  • Admits she has basically no friends, that she lost a lot of them since being on Love Island. Claims this isn’t because she changed but because she didn’t have time for friends (AKA she was a bad friend and dropped them when she got successful). But claims she is fine with this, that friends just cling on and don’t add much to your life. This part was actually pretty sad. I don’t think she has ever had proper friends if she thinks that’s what having friends is like.
  • When the Daily Mail published the pictures of her in a white bikini she rang their customer service line screaming and crying telling them to take them down.
  • Says she is mindful of what she posts about weight loss/fitness because of her young fans… as far as I was aware she is still posting her disgusting tuna and lettuce concoctions.
  • She is asked what organisation she would donate all her money to if she had to. Couldn’t name a single charity - she says she would donate it all to a homeless man on the street. The fact she couldn’t name a single organisation tells you everything you need to know about her (lack of) charitable activities.
This reads like a parody of an influencer. Wtf.

Reactions: 29
Omg I haven’t had time to listen to the podcast yet but by the sounds of it when I do listen I’ll need an entire thread to voice my opinion 😂 I can’t believe that podcast was recorded AFTER the burglary. She really believes she’s God doesn’t she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I really don’t get this ‘far too good for LI’ attitude. It literally gave her everything she has now, including her partner. To not even say, LI afforded her new opportunities and that she will always be grateful to the show for Tommy shows it’s all a massive facade. I met my husband through an ex-friend who I don’t talk to anymore, but I’m eternally grateful to that friendship because it gave me the love of my life. How very odd she is. It’s almost like she thinks she can rule the world all by herself and doesn’t need anybody, yet the greatest people always have people behind them.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Based on her last few vlogs and how badly the last one has done… I do think her popularity is dying. The views are tiny on her last upload. People are sick of her entitled moaning. Even some of my mates who LOVED her said they are fed up with her….

Reactions: 21
Based on her last few vlogs and how badly the last one has done… I do think her popularity is dying. The views are tiny on her last upload. People are sick of her entitled moaning. Even some of my mates who LOVED her said they are fed up with her….
I wish but I doubt it.

Reactions: 2
I listened to the podcast as some background noise while I cleaned the house.
a couple of things I don’t quite understand:
She said she went onto LI as a business move…. Yet also claims she didn’t actually need it for her career?
she also claims she is the same person she was before money and fame…yet also says she organically lost some friendships because people change 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Molly is product of privilege and other people's hardwork. She wouldn't have had the followers she did before she went on love island if she weren't a cute girl who could afford to buy things for hauls and makeup tutorials. Love Island casted her because she's pretty. People like her because she's pretty. I'm literally disgusted that she said she is where she's at because she's willing to work harder and that everyone has the same 24 hours. The laborers at the sweatshops that make her FleaLT work more hours in a day than she does and they're not millionaires. She flogs sweatshop tat, posts edited pics on Instagram, posts #ADs for things she doesn't use and vlogs herself for money. She's not a boss witch. Molly is an arrogant brat.

Reactions: 95
Also has anyone else watched her YT where she talks with fran? Because in the podcast she talks about how her family etc didn’t build the successful person she is; it was her and fran. But then In the YT video she talks about how her family actually recruited fran for her while she was in the LI villa!!!!!!!

Reactions: 26
Some of the comments underneath the video at the moment are good, have screenshotted some of them. The podcast really exposed how superficial she is, and to be blunt, that she really isn't that nice of a person. She made it abundantly clear that she has a disdain for people who aren't as lucky as her in life. Like sure, she claims to give homeless people the money from her purse, but by her logic she believes they're only homeless because they didn't work hard enough. She might pity them but she clearly has no respect or empathy.

And all that money and for what - no friends to share cool experiences with, a giant house which still doesn't satisfy you, and all your goals revolve around what your next big purchase can be. Not a life anyone should aspire to.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I hate the "we all have the same 24 hours in a day" shtick. No, you don't have the same 24 hours in the day as a homeless person, or a refugee, or whoever. Even just someone who has an actual 9-5 or is on a crappy zero hour contract! These influencers consider themselves so woke because they reposted a single Black Lives Matter story but come out with stuff that makes them sound like Thatcher.

I don't even care if they make their money that way. Just don't pretend it's hard work.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
I was disappointed with Steven tbh a lot of what she said he’s against, his interviews usually are deep but this didn’t tell us anything new

Reactions: 27
she believes they're only homeless because they didn't work hard enough. She might pity them but she clearly has no respect or empathy.
so well put 👏 I don't mind molly but there has always been something about her that rubs me up the wrong way and you've nailed it here.. the distinction that others less fortunate deserve your respect, not pity, is one she clearly can't make

Reactions: 27
Listened to her interview and was actually quite shocked at how bad her attitude was tbh. The way she tried to justify she would have been fine without love island came across as incredibly ungrateful and snobby. Saying she's on the phone to Fran 24/7 (yawn) She really couldn't actually explain her role as Creative Director, it was an even worse answer than I would have expected. She was quite dismissive of her mum as well imo, although couldn't speak highly enough of Fran. The single worst part for me, as someone else pointed out, was when she said she was petrified of a normal life and felt petrified when she looked at her parents way of life. Unbelievably insulting, judgemental, narrow-minded and distasteful. One thing that struck me is I actually don't think she's happy, she's on a slippery slope if she constantly wants more.

Reactions: 85
She repeats her favourite saying that everyone has the same 24 hours in a day. Says she was criticised for saying this in the past because some people are born into poverty and don’t start at the same level, but she brushes this off and repeats “technically we do [have 24 hrs in the same day]”.
This is infuriating. I hate any "inspirational" phrases like this anyway, but I do sort of understand when people share them whilst thinking they're being "empowering", because they are genuinely unaware of the medical and/or socioeconomic factors that affect how much we all do with our "same" 24 hours. But for MM to straight up admit that she's been informed why those phrases are problematic and STILL insist that they're "technically" true is actually revolting.

MM has basically just said what we've known for a long time now: she knows that some of the drivel she posts could be harmful but she does it anyway. She's not ignorant to the harm she's contributing to, she's just indifferent to it as long as she gets paid.

Enjoy your designer bags Molly hun, I hope they were worth losing your friends and your integrity for ✌

Reactions: 41
We all have 24 hours in a day, we don't all have the SAME 24 hours. My 24 hours could be Netflix and chill, someone else's is 4 kids and chemo, another's is running a business, caring for a sick parent and taking care of 2 dogs, someone else's is a manager, nutritionist, agent, personal trainer, hair dresser, makeup artist, stylist etc getting them ready for an event... and that's without poverty, race, sex, disability, location and a hundred other things are factored in.

• Heart
Reactions: 126
duck off Molly. She literally sleeps from 12AM-3PM and when she’s not sleeping she’s on her phone crying over the hAtE she gets on Twitter. She steps out of the house for an hour to take an Instagram picture and then she just stories the rest of her leisurely day which includes eating out for every meal and sitting on her arse photoshopping her pictures. She then ends her day at 5PM with a bath and watches Harry Potter (Shrek if it’s a weekend). So Molly I think it’s YOU that needs to realise that there’s two 12 o’clocks in a day

Reactions: 85
We have a responsibility to call the next thread
Molly Mae Hague 18: Molly FROM LOVE ISLAND

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 160
duck off Molly. She literally sleeps from 12AM-3PM and when she’s not sleeping she’s on her phone crying over the hAtE she gets on Twitter. She steps out of the house for an hour to take an Instagram picture and then she just stories the rest of her leisurely day which includes eating out for every meal and sitting on her arse photoshopping her pictures. She then ends her day at 5PM with a bath and watches Harry Potter (Shrek if it’s a weekend). So Molly I think it’s YOU that needs to realise that there’s two 12 o’clocks in a day
I would think it was obnoxious if someone who worked hard at an actual 9-5 said "we all have the same 24 hours in a day" considering the amount of poverty here and throughout the world, let alone someone with her ""job"". Disgusting.

Reactions: 22
Aw Molly’s invited Maura round to “cheer” Timmy up 😉

Why does she look like a corpse? Is it a competition between them both to be the biggest catfish?

784153F2-9A7E-4182-9AD0-FB45D7DF7944.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.