Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kas85

Lady Gaga was the Creative Director of Polaroid for a while. In the context of celebs/influencers having this role, it just means collections etc with her logo/stamp on it.

It’s just a branding exercise for both. She was probably coming to the end of her contract and they wanted to keep her so created this role for her

Reactions: 32
Never commented on this thread but have to RANT, I’m a Senior Buyer at a similar retailer and I’ve been doing this job for a decade and my progression was considered ‘quick’ in the industry. I would probably have to work another decade to be a Creative Director and most of ours are either men :rolleyes: or women in their 40s that have years of experience.

Despite what people may think, it’s a tough job, hours are relentless and it’s an underpaid profession as well as very competitive. I wasn’t making what Molly Mae spent on that bracelet until I was a Buyer which took me 8 years, and before that I went to the Fashion Retail Academy plus I have a degree in maths which actually massively helps in the job believe it or not.

There’s a wealth of knowledge that goes into buying and merchandising, even in fast fashion, probably more so as we’re signing off hundreds of lines a week.

I’m not usually one to begrudge influencers deals etc because honestly it’s easy money we’d all take, but this is just SO typical of the industry where you have to fight tooth and nail for progression and put years in as an admin on barely a living wage. A lot of my buying merch design buddies are kicking off on Instagram about this, as well as the industry meme pages I follow. It’s a JOKE!
Here here! Took me 4 years to progress from BAA to AB. People see the fashion industry and some sort of fairy land and most young girls want to work in a pink office with unicorn statues and pizza vans outside. They all have no idea how mentally and physically gruelling it is. No idea and that makes me so sad.

PLT and Umar are a JOKE.

Reactions: 32

LDNtea

VIP Member
Not sticking up for her but we need to actually get facts right.. she actually had higher monetary offers for collabs when she came out of love island but she turned them down and chose PLT.
She also got offered a £2million deal last year but turned it down because she doesn’t shop at that brand. So she doesn’t actually do it for the money 🤷🏻‍♀️
Choosing PLT over other brands literally only shows poor thinking not integrity. Love the support for this terrible pairing tho 🥴

I can't believe Fran is only 30.
LMFAO stop it!! I’m 32 and she has bigggg blonde northern 40odd yr old mum vibes. Is she really younger than me?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

babya123

Honestly I know this sounds odd but antique auctions! my fiancé bought an old female omega watch for £600 a few years ago and he sold it last month for 50k. Vintage jewellery is an insane investment
Ive had the same kind of luck! Bought a vintage Christian Dior bustier from depop for £50 and resold it for £400! Thank you so much x

Lady Gaga was the Creative Director of Polaroid for a while. In the context of celebs/influencers having this role, it just means collections etc with her logo/stamp on it.

It’s just a branding exercise for both. She was probably coming to the end of her contract and they wanted to keep her so created this role for her
Literally cannot stop thinking of that video of Kanye west LOOOOL.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

klady

VIP Member
Elle Darby went to the launch, and today on her stories she’s talked about having waves of nausea and a severe headache. She didn’t say it, but I’m hoping Molly’s event wasn’t a COVID super spreader event😳 Especially, with everyone touching and taking pictures with that stupid stuffed elephant - the toy not Elle Darby😂 We know ole Mols never washes that toy🤢

• Haha

queencarmen

VIP Member
sorry but there's no way she just turned it down bc of the brand if it was really 2 million lol imagine turning that down

LDNtea

VIP Member
100%!!! "Molly-may receives death threats and hires security" was a very clever marketing ploy. I thought this from day 1.
Wait wait IM sure I watched a video of hers when I was locked out my yard recently (that bored!) and she had the audacity to say about some current love island people getting hate and how someone’s family was campaigning or some shit and she literally was like “to be honest I’m shocked my family didn’t do thwt for me cos I got soOoOOooOoO much hate” oh yes ok little miss victim!

I’m sorry but what grown man can’t pack his own suitcase?View attachment 722613
THANK YOU
I just wrote this on my story
8C9F927C-F31D-4AE9-93ED-8466F5C70BC4.png

Hello, we’re twins
We’re twins, yes sir

What the fuck 🤣

View attachment 721849
SIBLINGS OR DATING!!

• Haha

Polkadot123

VIP Member
A comment on tiktok called her the British Kylie Jenner.
She wishes!!! Kylie is a billionaire, MM don't even come close.

• Sick
  • Haha

freaknasty

Chatty Member
I am fed up of this woman not restocking her fake tan. It’s the only one I’ve ever enjoyed using because it works so well for me and it’s been out of stock for months. I’ve tried others and I’ve hated them all 🤣

Just had to come in here for a rant. I wish she would stop posting pictures of her 50k wrist and restock her tan, you know, the thing she flogged for months then gave up on.

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Omg I haven’t commented on Mollys thread before but came to say the same thing 😂

Surely it’s not real?! She made such a huge deal about the Chanel when she got it but doesn’t say anything about a Birkin? I’m suspicious.
Sooo suspicious, she’s always showing her Chanel but she’s never showed this ‘Birkin’ before.

And why is it wedged in the shelf like that 😭😂

Madscone

VIP Member
Look...She is essentially a figure head for PLT as she is synonymous with their target market...young impressionable gobshites that wear something once and throw it in the landfill! PLT is an absolutely horrid company to be representing!! But she thinks she some world renowned business woman now 🤷‍♀️ I despair!!

amzy98

MOLLY MAE BECOMING THE “CREATIVE DIRECTOR” OF PLT IS A PUBLICITY STUNT FOR HER LATEST COLLECTION!!!

someone had to say it because I think it’s so obvious. Her first collection did well no denying it but all of her stuff since then has been underperforming cause it’s same shitty crap. How can they get people buying? Giving her this creative director role that’s she’s not qualified for and getting people talking about her. We all know the girl will never do a hard days work in her life so the job is obviously just a publicity stunt.
Completely agree, timing is to coincide with Love Island finishing for maximum publicity & sales for her new collection plus take attention off the new islanders to be proclaimed as the most successful islander ever with this new PR fake job title. Look how much press she has got everywhere & new 50K new followers in a day. Amazing PR success.

Definitely looks like Molly Mae is lining up the break up pr spin strategy -now a independent, strong single woman with her separate “Girl Boss” image away from LI couple goal image. Tommy is too dumb to realise it’s happening. Plus her timing of her new vlog stating she worked hard to disassociate from LI - only remaining link left is Tommy to remove. She doesn’t need him anymore to be successful/ for PR with nearly 6 Million IG followers has established her own identity & proved she wasn’t the fake Money Mae, has naturally has outgrown him. Her clothes are always more revealing when he is not around, like she wore before LI the real Molly Mae- no ugly oversize men’s blazers & unsexy baggy sweats. Be true to herself / self love spin incoming. It’s a meh relationship, never seem to do anything genuinely romantic together- no cute dates only PR stunts with OTT balloon displays / flowers organised by Fran or event companies for content. All shallow, no real fun or love - it must annoy her to act as his live in maid as if that’s her gf purpose & cannot go on holiday together or do anything for months as he in “fight camp” again for another set up fake fight against an unemployed dwarf. She must be so over it by now, no future prospects especially as he never going to make much money boxing unlike his brother, so they will never get the dream house / lifestyle she wants & for him to contribute equally. Lets see what the next few months reveal, I suspect they will be all over before Christmas at least she can save on his presents. 🤪

peachhes

VIP Member
Came across this comment on her tiktok. She really really needs to be careful
A radio station was saying yesterday that she’d spent £37k on a Cartier bracelet, and they were saying how amazing she is etc and I immediately said to my partner she needs to be careful what she puts online as she’ll get it nicked!

• Wow
Reactions: 30

klady

VIP Member
Molly is so fucking smug. When talking about the lampshades, did you hear her say our forever homeS. Yes, MM, we know you’ll buy multiple homes when you find ones that are good enough for you, Ms. Turndown 2 Mil deals🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 30