MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he's the driving force behind the "Of Daughters" brand. She was way more tolerable before he got so involved. In fairness to Clemmie, she seems to be *trying* to go back to what she was about originally- womens stuff, birth stories etc, her posts seem a bit more "thoughtful" lately, and relaunching Gas and Air. He is just an attention seeking narcissist!!! He seems to think he's the only man ever to have ONLY daughters.

Reactions: 3
I wonder who all of these patronising period posts are aimed towards? Surely most of FODs followers are mums and wannabe insta-dads who I would hope already know these basic facts?

I think the issue with both of them is that she's desperately trying to look like she's making a difference in the world but he's still on the 'of daughters' branding because he doesn't have much else to offer. They're inbetween a rock and a hard place because the brand is based on the kids, yet they're under fire for it. By doing all this period talk etc they're trying to merge the brands back together again. But it fails because rather than him looking like a feminist of some sort he just comes across as patronising. It's poor judgement as I, like many, don't really want to hear clemmie banging on about periods and fanny admin so I definitely don't want to hear it from him.

Reactions: 5
The bedroom where he filmed the tampon throwing looks like the hotel room he stayed in on his most recent business trip. If so, there’s something a little sad about him bringing with him/buying tampons there and jumping around on the bed throwing the items in the air in a hotel bedroom.

I think he’s also very competitive towards MOD and tries to put her down/out do her at times - she’s promoting the mooncup and also body positivity and he comes along with periods and wanting to be in the know for when his girls get theirs. Those poor girls - imagine the postings when the eldest has her first period.
Oh my god. The thought of him having an amazing brain wave over the red wine on the plane...then jumping around on his bed throwing tampons in the air. Then getting all cross when he has to do another take. I think that’s the saddest, most desperate thing I’ve ever seen on the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So is gas and air both of them or is their separate account for fod?

I don’t mind him talking about periods anything to get rid of the stigma of talking about them. I work in a school and the office have two men and one other woman in their with me. I also have the ‘red’ box under my desk which is the box with towels tampon and spare pants in but it doesn’t get used very much as the girls don’t want to ask when there are men in the office and the men actually made faces when we were given the box by a charity. So anything that makes taking about periods, towel, tampons etc less icky is fine by me.

Reactions: 4
He is such a self entitled moron! Everything about him makes me want to punch him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

I don’t mind him talking about periods anything to get rid of the stigma of talking about them. I work in a school and the office have two men and one other woman in their with me. I also have the ‘red’ box under my desk which is the box with towels tampon and spare pants in but it doesn’t get used very much as the girls don’t want to ask when there are men in the office and the men actually made faces when we were given the box by a charity. So anything that makes taking about periods, towel, tampons etc less icky is fine by me.

I think it’s the way he does it that offends me so much, like he’s reinventing the wheel and telling women brand new information about their own bodies. In the comments he actually corrects people when they share their experience with him. If men need educating about menstruation he should open his platform up to a female to discuss. The way he’s done it is just mansplaining bullsh!t

They are both listed as directors for gasandair. But it would seem she’s cunningly switched accounts so that MOD account is now her ‘private’ account.
And sorry but I think FOD is more likely to make it more icky, he’s being completely weird and abnormal about it.

Reactions: 2
Well thank God there's a man available to mansplain periods and my own body to me.

At least his post absoutely won't be used by gleeful 12 year olds to make his daughters' lives a misery.

Reactions: 8
So has Alice/Leopard/Clemmie disappeared - I was half hoping she would have some entirely plausible explanation for the same address mix up.

I think he's the driving force behind the "Of Daughters" brand. She was way more tolerable before he got so involved. In fairness to Clemmie, she seems to be *trying* to go back to what she was about originally- womens stuff, birth stories etc, her posts seem a bit more "thoughtful" lately, and relaunching Gas and Air. He is just an attention seeking narcissist!!! He seems to think he's the only man ever to have ONLY daughters.
Yes, she was originally midwifeyhooper on Instagram and then FOD joined as father of daughters and not too long after she changed her handle too.

Reactions: 1
I have a loving and supportive husband... does he need to know intimate details about my periods? Hell no!!!

Surely everyone seeing his posts are thinking what a dick he is
same here -I have a loving husband of 30 years - most men have a level of sympathy and thats about it and when star week is happening the least they know about it the better, I certainly have never droned in about it and my girls were the same- fact of life.....FOD just needs a platform t o use his long sentances with no full stops - just dreading their 1st bras......nooooo!

Reactions: 1
Ironic he asks at the end of that, perhaps questionable in its content post 'What have you started but now can't stop for fear of destroying the routine?'
Err, using his kids as clickbait?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is FOD making a suicide joke on his latest post? Seems a bit thoughtless in the wake of his 'idol' Keith Flint's death and FOD's previous discussions of male mental health.
Not sure, ran out of breath and interest at lethargic

Reactions: 4
Oh dear god. You are a one trick pony FOD. All you can do is write stupidly long sentences like you are trying to impress your yr 8 English teacher. It’s not clever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.