MOD & FOD #8 Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Japan after midnight, help me when Slymon’s away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually you’re so right here. The “be nice” mantra always makes me think people are saying “be quiet and shut up”. No one ever tells men to be nice do they.

Reactions: 17
Why delete it? If you want to support your friend why not just turn off the comments?! She must realise this boiler suit looks awful and is way over priced!

Reactions: 12
She’s trying to sell a woman’s pink boiler suit to women who follow her, designed by a woman for women, particularly pregnant women. And she’s wondering why it’s women discussing it?! It would be pretty odd to see loads of blokes commenting. And if my husband commented it would be ‘what the duck is that? £130 for an overall?’
Quick bloke input

that is the most hideous piece of clothing I’ve ever seen. People also need to lose the oversized trainers too.

At least FOD advertises stuff blokes will buy, though it has the opposite effect on me.

She totally fucked up today.

Reactions: 18
If you are a salesperson and your main job is to influence people into buying things they neither need nor wanted, then surely one of the first things you must learn is that not everyone will agree or like what you are doing but you need to handle yourself well and be respectful. All the followers you have are potential customers you can influence. You have that power because they clicked like, because they liked something they saw on Instagram.
MOD really is the lowest of the low. Zero respect for her followers, zero respect for her fellow instagrammers, zero respect for her work, zero respect for the nhs, zero respect for the planet, zero respect for her husband and herself and worst of all zero respect for her daughters.
All these women backing women bullshit. Yet she lets the most precious women in her life be sold to the highest bidder, their privacy and childhood all online for anyone to see. So she can be wealthy and famous, treading on anyone she can to get more attention.
If she was actually about empowering women why is she using her daughters looks to make money?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It really beggars belief, currently statutory maternity allowance is £145.18 per week, fluorescent pink jumpsuit is £139 plus another £4.95 for delivery, so thats £143.95, it alienates a large portion of the target audience on price alone, but, according to Clemmie, pointing that out is hurtful. Perhaps if DLAM was serious about this type of colab she could have partnered up with a lower price point company (although why this jumpsuit is more expensive than others in their range is unexplained!), Lucy&Yak sell their similar jumpsuits for between £54 and £80, even that's quite pricey. I did read a few of the comments on the post before it went poof, one suggested the fabric supplier is guilty of green-washing.

The whole thing just highlights how far removed from their demographic the OD's are now, Clemmie could have thought this through, understood not all her followers have that level of disposible income, by all means, support your friends vanity project, but throw the audience a bone, pre-empt the issues, maybe post some more affordable alternatives too, at least show you're mindful of the over inflated price instead of chucking your toys out the pram.

Reactions: 21
It really beggars belief, currently statutory maternity allowance is £145.18 per week, fluorescent pink jumpsuit is £139 plus another £4.95 for delivery, so thats £143.95, it alienates a large portion of the target audience on price alone, but, according to Clemmie, pointing that out is hurtful. Perhaps if DLAM was serious about this type of colab she could have partnered up with a lower price point company, Lucy&Yak sell their similar jumpsuits for between £54 and £80, even that's quite pricey. I did read a few of the comments on the post before it went poof, one suggested the fabric supplier is guilty of green-washing.

The whole thing just highlights how far removed from their demographic the OD's are now, Clemmie could have thought this through, understood not all her followers have that level of disposible income, by all means, support your friends vanity project, but throw the audience a bone, pre-empt the issues, maybe post some more affordable alternatives too, at least show you're mindful of the over inflated price instead of chucking your toys out the pram.
The thing is by deleting the whole post, all that stands is her ‘story’ post and so yet again she twists the truth to suit her, gain attention and sympathy. She has no integrity.

Reactions: 17
I have said it before and I will say it again, there is nothing wrong with setting your target audience at wealthy, middle class women. Nothing wrong at all as long as you make that clear. Clemmie targets herself to whoever throws her a like or backs her up when she fucks up. Many of us can and do spend 140 quid on a fad, many of us cannot and do not spend that and for many of Clemmies followers 140 quid can buy an entire ‘wardrobe’ of maternity clothes not just one single outfit. So what is it? Who are you targeting yourself at? Because you need to make it clear as at the minute you’re coming across as an unthinking, out of touch nob with little to offer except a pipe dream and I’m afraid the only pipe dream I’m willing to play along with his shagging Freddie Thorne from peaky blinders. You’re about as clear as mud lovey and it’s gonna be your downfall.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have said it before and I will say it again, there is nothing wrong with setting your target audience at wealthy, middle class women. Nothing wrong at all as long as you make that clear. Clemmie targets herself to whoever throws her a like or backs her up when she fucks up. Many of us can and do spend 140 quid on a fad, many of us cannot and do not spend that and for many of Clemmies followers 140 quid can buy an entire ‘wardrobe’ of maternity clothes not just one single outfit. So what is it? Who are you targeting yourself at? Because you need to make it clear as at the minute you’re coming across as an unthinking, out of touch nob with little to offer except a pipe dream and I’m afraid the only pipe dream I’m willing to play along with his shagging Freddie Thorne from peaky blinders. You’re about as clear as mud lovey and it’s gonna be your downfall.
Also there are those who could buy one treat piece, a special dress or outfit that could be worn in different ways etc. I wouldn’t spend that sort of money in any item of clothing (except perhaps DMs or Fly Boots 🤣) because I’m really not into consumerist bullshit and buying seasonal fashion and the throwaway fashion as I’m quite boringly planet conscious. But if she put it to me that an item was genuinely really comfortable and easy to wear, etc etc, and I thought it could be something really handy to have, I might consider it. Her thought into these ads is so poor and arrogant.
I suppose though she is now only aiming her page at affluent women with disposable income, yet that is completely at odds with her USP of NHS midwife. Relatable working mum.

Reactions: 8
They’ve all got exactly the same prints in their houses haven’t they.

Fear Less.
Good Vibes Only.
If you want to change the world go home and love your family.

If you went to someone’s house and they had that collection you’d just know they were a mama hun wouldn’t you. You wouldn’t even have to check the drawers for scamp and dude.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
They’ve all got exactly the same prints in their houses haven’t they.

Fear Less.
Good Vibes Only.
If you want to change the world go home and love your family.

If you went to someone’s house and they had that collection you’d just know they were a mama hun wouldn’t you. You wouldn’t even have to check the drawers for scamp and dude.
Must be so weird visiting all these mamas as you’ve seen all the extensive redecorations and carefully placed tat plastered as an ad everywhere so there’s no reason to show anyone real anything in your home.

I’m having a nose all the old Alice in wonderlust posts for LOLs.
she:
- joined Tattle to slag off Cash Carraway
- defended her st clemmie of midwifery shift pattern, “my sister in law is a nurse at that trust and works 2 fixed shifts a month...” “...there’s a thing called Kings Flexi”
- slagged off That Mummy Smile twice (mocked her attending a podcast launch and her run in with CC)
- slagged off mother pukka (“failed attempts at being the next Zoe Ball on the radio”)
- MP “Matt is great! Funny witty and seems switched on. I have reservations about Anna. This dressing rooms scenes seem so contrived”
- someone cryptically criticised MP “tell us exactly what happened”
- slagged off the ski trip NSSN et al went on
- slagged off tier 3 instamums generally
- covered her tracks - references having 2 kids, and (my favourite) “we haven’t had a holiday abroad in years camping in Devon is all we can manage” 🤣
- “I actually don’t mind MOD... and you know what good on her if she’s realigning herself and posting less of her kids”
- tier 1 influencers “quietly steered away from it all as they now realise how tit a Ryvita dancing event is”
- on INPO: “I cannot get over her commitment of instamum social climbing. It’s been quite fascinating to watch (and cringey)”
- madlads: “chavs version of the hoopers”
- CB: “her behaviour is shady” “is really aggressive and always brings it back to race”
- emily Murray “smug as duck.... she is bland and incredibly try hard”
- hungermama “oversharing a bit whiffy” “gives impressions shes desperate to be part of that group”
- Mercer7 “met her once she’s intolerable”

and on herself & Sly:
- “her passion [for midwifery] shines through”
- “I think they [MOFOD] look like a laugh don’t take themselves too seriously and seem like genuine mates”
- “these guys seem like decent people”
- “generally she seems to be more conscious about sharing more engaging content”
- I think there’s grey (tasteful) and there’s grey Mrs Hinch
- she is the one that stands out to me as someone who engages in really interesting discussions and not some of that drivel the other instamums churn out
- people like MOFOD are aligning themselves in the sort of celebrity world

Come back MOD. You were such good value on here 😂🤣
To recap on throwing shade.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If Princess and Mario had a child...it would be that jumpsuit!
Travel agent by day, welder by night...you’d need two jobs to afford it!

I can’t believe I once wished someone would make comfy scrubs for pregnancy...no thank you, you can keep that monstrosity!

Reactions: 5
I think it shows what a bubble these influencers live in, surrounded by sycophantic fan girls and yummy mummies who Oo and ah at everything and anything that they do...it's not the real world where the majority of us are just getting by, throwing some Tesco or Sainsbury's leggings in the trolley while we do our weekly shop...£129 would have clothed my children for the entire winter ...Instagram is definitely not the real work and it's not morally right that a midwife who works in a hospital serving one of the most deprived areas in London should flaunt her wealth in such a vulgar way

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The rings/jewellery, side parting, sneakers and now the jumpsuit...is Clemmie taking inspiration from Lady Sovereign?
83C0D752-2DBB-4A22-95CB-3C778EE1BD72.jpeg

Make way for the Em Oh Dee!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The thing that irritates me aside from the fact that the suit is ugly AF is that these instagrammers will flog anything and everything to pregnant women/ new mums. Always under the name of women supporting women too. There's a sort of vulnerability that they're exploiting, new/ expectant mums dont always know what they need or want, or may be feeling a bit tit about themselves and will try most things to make their lives easier or perk themselves up. It now ranges from £1000 prams to boiler suits to overpriced Pampers. Theres a reason they're targeting expectant mums and it's because of the vulnerability. They ask themselves who they can design for and why not to be breastfeeding friendly but because they know who they can make money from despite them being on lower pay than anyone else.

For people who constantly claim they are 'feminists' and support other women they sure know how to exploit them at the same time as probably making them feel a bit tit their child doesn't have 3 gifted outfits to wear a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The thing that irritates me aside from the fact that the suit is ugly AF is that these instagrammers will flog anything and everything to pregnant women/ new mums. Always under the name of women supporting women too. There's a sort of vulnerability that they're exploiting, new/ expectant mums dont always know what they need or want, or may be feeling a bit tit about themselves and will try most things to make their lives easier or perk themselves up. It now ranges from £1000 prams to boiler suits to overpriced Pampers. Theres a reason they're targeting expectant mums and it's because of the vulnerability. They ask themselves who they can design for and why not to be breastfeeding friendly but because they know who they can make money from despite them being on lower pay than anyone else.

For people who constantly claim they are 'feminists' and support other women they sure know how to exploit them at the same time as probably making them feel a bit tit their child doesn't have 3 gifted outfits to wear a day.
*claps* yes to all of this. They know exactly what they are doing - new mums are a great demographic to exploit. And they dress it up as feminism. It's evil.

I would love to see an account like Estee Laundry where people can share their negative experiences of influencing culture. Like new mums who got into debt buying all the (#gifted) must-haves or ladies who got hate just for asking a dissenting question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Actually you’re so right here. The “be nice” mantra always makes me think people are saying “be quiet and shut up”. No one ever tells men to be nice do they.
This, a million times this! It’s like ‘women support women’ I’m sorry I’m not going to blindly support someone based on their gender. Should we have supported Rose West? Myra Hindley? It makes my blood boil when I see people trot that line out.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A quote I came across and liked "The internet never forgets".

She can remove the post but it will still be here/online . Same as the one twinny on a potty picture.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.