Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
They missed a trick really, DLAM is advertising Wilderness Festival which she and her family LOVED guys. Even better than feckless nannies, this has nannies AND you can pack your kids over 6 off to camp 3pm till 10am and do proper #adulting without your kids at a family festival. Genius!!!
What are these people on?
View attachment 30338
I know it’s horses for courses, but why go to a ‘family festival’ only to pack your kids off to an on site nanny, who may or may not have had the relevant training? Why not just leave them at home with grandparents or family (assuming you have them) or just wait til they’re a little bit older so they can join in the fun and actually enjoy everything that’s going off around them?

Reactions: 13

Popper

VIP Member
I don’t disagree paid childcare in principle at all but I am baffled why, given what they do for a living and the flexibility they have to pick and choose , they couldn’t make it work or take time off between then. Obviously we don’t know the ins and outs of the circumstances but it is so unrelatabek to just be able to “call a nanny” , which is probably why they didn’t share it at the time or purposefully promote them at the festival . We both work full time jobs that can be very demanding , stressful and require travel ..so we had the same pressures of having to find a solution or “phone it in” when the pox hit .
Totally agree. One of the main perks of having such flexible jobs is surely that they can work around things and be there with their kids when they are ill? I am a teacher and my husband is a paramedic, 2 pretty demanding jobs and when our daughter had pox we managed to work things out get time off to care for her so I don’t believe that they had no option but to hire a nanny to care for their sick children.

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I think it’s been said before but someone has surmised that the reason she works in London rather than Kent is so because her local hospital probably wouldn’t employ her on those hours.
It must be pretty galling to anyone who works in the NHS that her USP is still ‘midwife’ when all she’s doing is keeping her foot in the door. She’s basically the HCP equivalent of a Saturday shopgirl. For all her spiel about ‘being passionate about women and birth’, her actual employment record says otherwise.

Last edited:

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
It enrages me that they deliberately target women when they are at their most vulnerable and suggestible i.e new Mums. New Mums are often so anxious to get everything perfect, and being confronted by staged Insta images of blissfully sleeping babies cradled by their stylish YummyMummies in their £65 slogan t shirts can only serve to make your average Mum feel like crap.

• Heart
  • Sad

NoseyP2019

I'm with you @Waitingonyou I spent more money than I should on strong girls club merch, some jewellery collabs (not MODs!) and other pointless insta buys. It's even affecting me now, I'm pregnant and worrying it won't be good enough not having a fancy changing bag, an Elvie pump, a sleephead, a snuzpod.... On and on it goes.
I nearly got pulled in to this too. I spent a lot of time agonising over what to buy. Especially fretting over that overpriced sleepyhead.

You do not need any of it. You are all your baby needs. You don’t even need a cot, the nhs now says it is safe to co-sleep (following guidance) and you’ll get a lot more sleep that way. You don’t need nappy bins, bottles, changing bags, pricey strollers. You just need your body, your love and your strength. Save your money for longer maternity leave, cake, coffee and your child’s future. Our whole society is built on people like mod making people feel like they need to spend money.

• Heart

GreyWolf

VIP Member
So, no actual DJing? No mixing? No overlaying? No beat matching? No transitioning? No double drops?

So, essentially people in the Tent of Doom were just watching the ODs bounce about a bit to their fave tracks???
But they chose the songs. Because they are so talented they can actually do that.

• Haha

GreyWolf

VIP Member
It does look quiet! Weird as when I first heard of it and saw Little Bird by jools there etc a part of me wanted to go, it looked lovely, and I have taken my kids to Art festivals and similar and it’s been so lovely. Since the Bespoked Caped Glitter Brigade of Self Important Muppets have started promoting it and got in free, I’ve lost any desire to take my kids. No way.

non binary coat

Chatty Member
Looks like the beginning of the end for these two with so many publicly agreeing that they're dishonest. They've been caught out trying to down play the nanny as even suggest it was only for when they were working. They had enough friends and family that no doubt had a gifted ticket that could have done care for their hour dancing behind some props.

Their brand is dishonesty and deception, and more and more are seeing right through them.

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
This is the wrong thread, but noticed one of the twins was in one.... this is the new FMLY fad.... patchy tiger named jackets. What an exercise in branding. Every component of those jackets are on alibaba.... the patches available for $0.40 each.

Then there’s the jacket. The blurb:
“Please welcome to the family our first very own branded kids denim jacket. To remain with our ethos we have worked hard to keep our sustainable approach by sourcing only the best existing materials & components from over stock resources to create a beautiful & premium quality jacket for our customers.
After so much love from you guys the past year it has simply been too hard to keep up with your kids orders based on our initial second hand sourcing approach.
So this is the result; A beautiful kids jacket developed out of our love for denim, in that perfect fit & feel, made of sturdy 12- 13 oz thick denim & washed with eco friendly standards to that impeccable mid wash blue”

Four clicks of the Internet....

£8-£10, chinese wholesale.
These retail at £50+ for plebs, and of course free for instamamas.

• Wow
  • Haha
I too got suckered in. I spent the whole time I was pregnant paying off my credit card so I could happily go into maternity leave without debt. Enter InstaMums and suddently I'm a few grand in debt. It was some of the merch but mostly just the consumerism that came along with it. I barely remember the first year of being a mum cos I was so shell shocked and tired and that's why I hate all this. They prey on the incredibly vulnerable new mums and they should know better.

• Sad

Dillydilly

Listing that shortly after Dresslikeamum posted a shoutout to small businesses who sell glittery festival stuff.

And she doesn’t want to leave it to last minute panic - festival is next weekend so she is leaving it to last minute really!

• Haha