Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Yep, that is the insidious poison of the OD's posts. To deliberately trick vulnerable new parents into thinking they must be crap at parenting because they DON'T have perfectly arranged cushions, or immaculate bathrooms, or £150 pyjamas, or a cute row of Hunter wellies in the hall, or lots of 'date nights' where they get to wear a brand new outfit every time, or feed their child from organic Gusto deliveries.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I think you're all actually really brave to own up to being suckered in - it's a hard thing to do. Like those poor people who get involved in Multi Level Marketing - as has been said in previous threads there are a lot of similarities between the two.

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
And, another annoyance. Does St Clemmie of Conspicuous Consumption REALLY think the tile company gave her a #pressdiscount purely out of the goodness of their hearts? Because they admire her as a wonderful person? Really?

Are we meant to believe that the tile company gave her a #pressdiscount in the hopes that they would remain anonymous, and just enjoy that their tiles were being admired purely for their aesthetic value? Really? I mean, REALLY?

St Clemmie of CC, you don't seem aware of how the world actually works? They gave you the #pressdiscount solely, and purely in the knowledge that you would give them several mentions on the Gram, ergo leading to a huge raised awareness of their company and products. This is turn saves them £££££ on conventional advertising (with all its pesky rules & regulations about transparency and protecting the consumer) and will, no doubt, increase their sales, and therefore profits.

Honestly Clemmie, it's really that simple. Why are you so confused about this?

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
It is things like this being exposed for everyone to see that I bloody love the internet 🤣

That is definitely not so smug now in the video. And MOD was obvs there as the poster said they saw the pic being taken. So why hire a nanny then if you are right next to your kids?!

Reactions: 12

meetmeinthemiddle

I have zero problems with them having a nanny at a festival, I have problems with the fact they banged on about what a great family experience it was, neglecting to mention the twins were with a nanny most of the time ...

non binary coat

Chatty Member
Yes we saw the same. Also FODs insta story about endlessly trekking up hill and down dale with their trolley between car park and campsite was baloney as they were in boutique camping. With a car park right next door.
Why am I not surprised, everything is fabricated to create a misleading story for the 'gram

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
So I was reading some of the comments on MODs photo and someone commented that they saw the photo being taken. So I went on her Instagram and there’s a video of the act they were watching, if you look closely in the bottom left corner you can see the twins playing with a lady wearing an orange T-shirt that says “Feckelss festival nanny”. So yeah, that’s how they go to a festival with 4 kids and have a great time with their mates, they have nanny
Ha😁 just went over and had a nosey , bet she wasn’t expecting that to come out . Oh Clem , there’s no hiding place on social media is there 😉

Coffee-Addict

VIP Member
Let me get this right ..... a midwife hires a festival nanny - someone she as never met in her life - to be in charge of her children ??

Yel

Chatty Member
I think MNHQ did the Mumsnet population a disservice by not allowing those conversations to continue. It is clear from the Tattle threads the negative impact that Instamums have had on new mothers, and speaking about it helps.
Mumsnet like channel mum and all the others is just about making money, it's all lies that they are out ot help people. Mumsnet get big money from brands to partner with influencers so they don't want any conversation that could affect their bottom line.

Instashamous

Chatty Member
Oh my god he’s now advertising Disney on his stories.. I’m counting 5 different brands this month alone now... where’s that idiot that was bleating on about how much integrity they have?

• Haha

Scarlett30

I nearly got pulled in to this too. I spent a lot of time agonising over what to buy. Especially fretting over that overpriced sleepyhead.

You do not need any of it. You are all your baby needs. You don’t even need a cot, the nhs now says it is safe to co-sleep (following guidance) and you’ll get a lot more sleep that way. You don’t need nappy bins, bottles, changing bags, pricey strollers. You just need your body, your love and your strength. Save your money for longer maternity leave, cake, coffee and your child’s future. Our whole society is built on people like mod making people feel like they need to spend money.
ALL OF THIS 👏🏻
You provide your family with what you can afford and if it’s out of budget you ask yourself do I really need it?

When they were all harping on about having to buy a Tula sling or whatever it was. I looked at the price waaaay out of my budget and I went to my local sling library and rented one for
£40 for months that I needed it most.

I don’t need a £100 changing bag I use a £15 backpack which does exactly the same and is still going strong through the toddler years.

This is why AD and GIFTED is so so important. Because it tells us now that they have been sent the things and didn’t part with the cash. These people only “have it all” because they are getting things for free.

So if she’s so “fully committed” to her 1 day a week (and not every week!) NHS midwife job, then why not work a coupe more days? What does she do the other 4 days?
Reads Tattle 😂

• Haha

Mummykins

The northern version of Camp Bestival is called Deer Shed. It doesn’t have an insta mum tent or show offs in mermaid outfits or wankers promoting Hunter boots. It’s just a really nice event. I fear all that may come though.

Libbie

VIP Member
Oh yes, there she is... Freckles Festival Nanny! 😂😂😂
Not much of an atmosphere is there! 😆

• Haha

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
oh god that is so creepy, and the way that instafan acts as if it's a major achievement is really quite sad.
I love my own children , I’m not bothered about anyone else’s and people who fawn over the Hooper twins need to have a word with themselves.

ZLT123

Anyone notice fods random new lisp!? Where’s that come from!?
I noticed that too?! Didn’t know whether he’s hammered or possibly new gifted Invisalign teeth?!?

I’ve been a Nanny for nearly 13 years but never heard of festival nannies before?! The thought of caring/trying to entertain your children while at a family festival because you can’t be arsed sounds like hell on Earth, and no doubt getting paid half, possibly even less than the parents are paying for the privilege is even worse. I’d happy look after them at home so you can have “adult time”, but if you want to take your kids to a festival do it your bloody self!

Last edited:
I’ve always thought the idea of taking kids to a festival utter hell. Unless it’s a kids only one that finishes at 5pm or something.

But in no way would I go to a festival with small children and enjoy it. Drinking and putting them in a cart to sleep.

I know others think that fine, but for me it is a nope.

And the first post about the nanny, I thought it said Feckless Nanny - that would be an amazing name 😂