MOD & FOD #34 FOD’s AWOL, his followers plunge, he’s biding time in the house of clunge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also just saw this now for all you fans:

I always thought Miele were renowned for being really cheap tit appliances - am I completely wrong?! Like on a level with those hotpoint washer dryers that all blew up!
My grandmother always bought Bosch- both the dishwasher and washing machine lasted 10+ years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Love this comment from another house account (with 45k followers) left on FODs last comments open post!
Sneaky buggers, deleting 5 times from a influencer account 🤣
Hmm. This sounds more like ‘You helped me a while back but now I want to be you before you fell from Grace - and I’m hoping to get followers from this so I’ve had to repost it five times’.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
1593111405038.png

Lol what? Didn't know they were that pricey. I don't even have one in my studio flat.

#ikeaforlife
#mieleonlywhenitsfree

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
He's tied up with Camp Bestivle so might have to return to plug that.

Ah Devon must be a dump when you've lived the Dorchester lifestyle.

Sorrydevoniloveyoureally

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 163177

Lol what? Didn't know they were that pricey. I don't even have one in my studio flat.

#ikeaforlife
#mieleonlywhenitsfree
At uni I used to work for Currys during the holidays for my sins and Miele were the top end sellers and the majority that bought them swore they lasted for years and at the time they came with impressive guarantees etc. No idea if they still measure up but you’d hope so for that price!

I trained as a midwife in a decent sized city and was totally shocked that young girls were somehow affording prams that cost £2,000 that they'd seen some vacuous celeb using. One good aspect of my course is that we were told from the beginning how little you actually need to buy for a newborn. The rest is just preying on women at a vulnerable time. And you can throw your 'stretch mark cream' in the bin people. Genetics determine how elastic your skin is and how much it will stretch, no cream is going to change that.
Completely agree re: stretch marks - I slathered my belly with creams and oils the first time round and by the third trimester had some stretch marks and my midwife just shrugged her shoulders and said the same as you. Fortunately I didn’t buy mega expensive creams etc but this pregnancy I keep seeing ads on Instagram for maternity pants that supposedly prevent stretch marks with claims of clinical trials blah blah blah - but it’s all just a con isn’t it? It’s shocking what they can get away with.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I taught at a school in a quite well off area and a lot of the students were celebrities’ children and you wouldn’t know it really. There were one or two who would say I want to be an actress like Mum for example, but the majority of them found the fact that people were interested in their parents really weird and boring. None of them were “don’t you know who my dad is” types
But did the kids have odd names like Apple or Aksel.?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
2A0DED15-58EF-4286-80A2-1365D67E6FCC.png

Saw this earlier from one of the (probs what MOD would describe as lower tier) insta mamas hitting back at using the term ‘gifted.’ She’d also put something the other day about how a pic is not just a pic and people have to understand how long it takes to prepare it.

FFS. It’s not a job!

Seems to be spurred on by this vixeldrew who’s stirring the pot.

717DF25C-3373-4D27-AAD4-683C4CAEB6AF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Completely agree re: stretch marks - I slathered my belly with creams and oils the first time round and by the third trimester had some stretch marks and my midwife just shrugged her shoulders and said the same as you. Fortunately I didn’t buy mega expensive creams etc but this pregnancy I keep seeing ads on Instagram for maternity pants that supposedly prevent stretch marks with claims of clinical trials blah blah blah - but it’s all just a con isn’t it? It’s shocking what they can get away with.
Ugh. That is so unethical. Save your money and buy yourself something nice after you've had the baby. My other pet peeve is toiletries for babies. They. Do. Not. Need. Them. Johnsons is particularly tit - full of alcohol and drying. Wash your baby with warm water and a cloth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My MIL has the tumble drier she got in the 70s. Can’t remember the brand, <gets coat>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 163311

Saw this earlier from one of the (probs what MOD would describe as lower tier) insta mamas hitting back at using the term ‘gifted.’ She’d also put something the other day about how a pic is not just a pic and people have to understand how long it takes to prepare it.

FFS. It’s not a job!

Seems to be spurred on by this vixeldrew who’s stirring the pot.

View attachment 163312
Gifts are actual work for me. Cos it’s such hard work receiving something for free, taking a photo of it and posting it on Instagram. Key workers right there, patron saints of society.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Gifts are actual work for me. Cos it’s such hard work receiving something for free, taking a photo of it and posting it on Instagram. Key workers right there, patron saints of society.

Hilarious isn’t it. She asked for opinions so I wanted to say don’t call it gift call it ‘freebie!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

I caught Ferne McCann on The Mummy Diaries yesterday and she was moaning too how hard it was to be an instagrammer and that it takes all day to do 1 post and she’d love to work in an office for 8hrs instead as it’s just so hard. She then back tracked slightly and said she wasn’t clever enough to work in an office and Instagram was all she had. These people honestly think they’re contributing something to the world.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I caught Ferne McCann on The Mummy Diaries yesterday and she was moaning too how hard it was to be an instagrammer and that it takes all day to do 1 post and she’d love to work in an office for 8hrs instead as it’s just so hard. She then back tracked slightly and said she wasn’t clever enough to work in an office and Instagram was all she had. These people honestly think they’re contributing something to the world.
She sent invites to the pity party.

So everyone’s meant to feel sorry for her that she’s not clever enough for an office job 😂 Bugger off (her, not you)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I find it annoying that they see it as a job. So lots of the country and struggling with WFH and balancing childcare or worse struggling financially in the current situation - and they’re talking about how hard it is to ‘curate their feed’ 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.