MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His followers decline is really slow on both his account and the house one considering the backlash they are facing. Is he really still trying to save the brand by buying bots ? So desperate.

Reactions: 10
Took it upon myself to message Herringbone Kitchens and have had a reply - they seem to want to disassociate themselves from the Hoopers completely which is AMAZING news!
Well done, them. Does that include their kitchen too?

@heretoreaditall2019 from the last thread, my own experiences were that a big muslin is all you need to try swaddling, a basic stretchy sling is worth its weight in gold if your baby likes it (and most do) and they are not remotely expensive secondhand, and don’t feel like you need to put your baby down for the sake of doing it.

I got a sleepyhead for my third after two babies that just didn’t nap unless on me. Most of the time I didn’t mind (see above) but I did fancy seeing whether it would be possible to get one napping alone a bit. It worked like a dream. However now I know my third, it wasn’t the sleepyhead, it was her!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I have zero sympathy for these two twerps, but they must be just reeling from their whirlwind fall from grace. Less than a year ago they were the undisputed and unchallenged head boy and girl of the UK instagram parenting world. No-one came close to them in terms of followers and prestigious advertising deals. Fast forward just 7 months later and they are social pariahs that no advertisers will touch. Even sycophantic stalwarts like budget Clemmie have distanced themselves. I wonder if Sly is just experiencing some extreme form of cognitive dissonance - this might explain his increasingly bizarre and inappropriate content of the last few months 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Well done, them. Does that include their kitchen too?

@heretoreaditall2019 from the last thread, my own experiences were that a big muslin is all you need to try swaddling, a basic stretchy sling is worth its weight in gold if your baby likes it (and most do) and they are not remotely expensive secondhand, and don’t feel like you need to put your baby down for the sake of doing it.

I got a sleepyhead for my third after two babies that just didn’t nap unless on me. Most of the time I didn’t mind (see above) but I did fancy seeing whether it would be possible to get one napping alone a bit. It worked like a dream. However now I know my third, it wasn’t the sleepyhead, it was her!
Ohhhh thank you so much! Am I being dim, but the slings that attach to your body? I’ve asked my husband for one for my birthday (and Birkenstocks - if we get the aff link for this smock I’ll be the full set won’t I 😂) so that’s good to know, do you wear it round the house with the baby on you then? I imagined I’d just use it for day trips out more than anything! And thank you that’s so good to know cos I worried the baby would prefer those rigid ones rather than being smooshed? Are the freerider ones okay, absurdly my carpet fitter (a fifty year old bloke.... and iconic #influencer) recommended them he said he’s bought all of his daughters one and they’ve loved them!

Took it upon myself to message Herringbone Kitchens and have had a reply - they seem to want to disassociate themselves from the Hoopers completely which is AMAZING news!
Thank you for messaging them you’re fab! Also... lol sis you don’t have to dish the full dirt on your firm you can keep some bits to yourself 🥴 I’m glad to hear it though, the owner sounds really lovely bless her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think he’s buying followers again, ninjalytics shows he’s nearly back up to 961. What a dick. He just need to lie down and take whatever’s coming at him . What’s even the point? It’s not like he’s ever going to get another #ad ever again.
Or do you think glen secretly buys them to stroke his ego?
He hadn’t stopped buying - this time they are all Chinese teens! 🤦‍♀️

I was gonna ask who Glen is 😂😂😂but if that name ain’t in the next thread title then are we even here’s for the LOLs - Sly & Glen are at it again! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
This is great - but if they are such champions of the cause, then why did they delete my comments and block me after I wrote that I wouldn’t shop with a company that worked with accounts such as FOD and HOH given their association with a racist individual?
So now, they do agree with me after all but still deleted and blocked me? Bollocks. They saw the shift the public opinion and then changed their views accordingly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Jesus I can’t keep up with you huns these last couple of days! You’re on fire 🔥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Not sure about Freeriders, they were after my time! It’s a decade since I had my first and slings have got a lot more mass market (which is good) so there’s loads of choice. I used mine constantly as my eldest just wouldn’t settle in a pram. It was good in many ways as it made public transport a doddle (live in London) and she would sleep on me as I did stuff round the house. Downside was that it could get a bit tricky to eat as she got bigger!

The stretchies are all really good for newborns as they make them feel very secure, and they are cheaper than the structured ones. There are a few manufacturers - I had Moby ones but they’re all very similar. Tying them takes getting used to but once you’ve got the knack it takes seconds. I’ve probably still got one lying around - if you DM me your address I’ll send it to you. Just had a look at the Freerider site - they look exactly the same but the Moby types are jersey and those look lighter. Expensive but frankly I can’t talk as I became a sling addict and had loads - it’s very easy to do.

I also had a couple of the structured ones - an Ergo and a Manduca. They can have newborn inserts and my littlest went straight into one, but are good for your kids up to toddler.

This is a fairly good round up of sling types and I would definitely recommend finding a sling library (Covid permitting) as every baby and mum is different, and you might find a sling you absolutely love that you’ve never heard of.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know this may be annoying and I’m very late but does anyone have the screenshots of what clemmie said on here under her fake account before she got exposed I’ve only just come across who they are through tattle. xxxx

I noticed Esther Walker had suddenly gone political with BLM post. It seems she has suddenly put it up after twitter being full of stories of Giles Coren saying racist things. Shameless bloody people.

Ohhhh thank you so much! Am I being dim, but the slings that attach to your body? I’ve asked my husband for one for my birthday (and Birkenstocks - if we get the aff link for this smock I’ll be the full set won’t I 😂) so that’s good to know, do you wear it round the house with the baby on you then? I imagined I’d just use it for day trips out more than anything! And thank you that’s so good to know cos I worried the baby would prefer those rigid ones rather than being smooshed? Are the freerider ones okay, absurdly my carpet fitter (a fifty year old bloke.... and iconic #influencer) recommended them he said he’s bought all of his daughters one and they’ve loved them!
I'm a huge advocate for 'baby wearing' (although hate the phrase! '). https://www.babywearing.co.uk/ is worth a read.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know this may be annoying and I’m very late but does anyone have the screenshots of what clemmie said on here under her fake account before she got exposed I’ve only just come across who they are through tattle. xxxx
You can just search her old user name “aliceinwanderlust” on the search feature and all her posts come up - obviously go from the last page available. Or even google it - most the worst ones are in articles.

Reactions: 6
The Herringbone project may have "ended last summer", but the features about it were new, weren't they? Wasn't it just in the last week or so that they posted up the instagram post etc?

Reactions: 12
I wonder if he's got some sort of bot buying subscription? So he doesn't even do it himself.

He needs to let his page, both pages, die now. No advertisers will touch them - those that aren't up to date would regret it instantly with the tirade of abuse they'd rightly get. So he needs to walk away.

Reactions: 8
Just look up Aliceinwanderlust and read away

Reactions: 3

Thank you for messaging them you’re fab! Also... lol sis you don’t have to dish the full dirt on your firm you can keep some bits to yourself 🥴 I’m glad to hear it though, the owner sounds really lovely bless her.
Another lover of slings here, my son had horrible reflux and colic and I found a sling invaluable. I was really lucky that my town had a sling library where you could go along, be shown how to put it on, put baby in safely (hip position wise) and then rent them and upgrade to more structured carriers as they grew bigger and just try some out before buying. Could be worth seeing if you have anything like that nearby if you wanted to have a go with different ones? Although having said that due to Covid-19 they’re likely to not be operating in the same way.

Just to keep on thread and to @Dogmuck post about FOD buying followers....just why?! It’s so obvious and more so this week. Does he/they really think people are that stupid?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder if he's got some sort of bot buying subscription? So he doesn't even do it himself.

He needs to let his page, both pages, die now. No advertisers will touch them - those that aren't up to date would regret it instantly with the tirade of abuse they'd rightly get. So he needs to walk away.
He’ll have an agency doing it. They’ll just boost a post in a specific region and keep topping up his new followers.

I think he must have done an annual subscription - it’s really embarrassing that the bots come in clumps of nationality and occupation. He’s had, amongst others, Brazilian, Russian & Chinese, dentist, vets and artists. It’s hilarious because there’s no rhyme or reason why these folk would follow him even if his account was mentioned in “gum infection weekly”.
What a sad sad desperado he is. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.