MOD & FOD #31 Stay Alert -> Delete the Comments -> Save Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have returned sfom the Susie V thread. Remember when Alicegate broke and FoD was eerily quiet for a couple of days, then came back with his "reflective" post? And we all said he had (deservedly) chucked Clemmie under the bus? Yeah... well Greg Rutherford is blithely storying about chicks... the day after his fiancee and mother of his kids is outed as a vile racist/ableist/fatphobic/xenophobic etc etc hypocrite...

Reactions: 11
ha. I’m sorry but I’m not a bleeping moron. I VERY clearly put at the bottom of the story that he had replied that this was NOT action. As you can see from this screen shot. I’ve done nothing to try and redeem him and I have sent him links to podcasts, articles and posts so that he can further educate himself.

Nothing I am doing is for him. I’ve clearly articulated to him he has work to do, what a disrespect it was to post a black square when last year had not been acknowledged and no apology been made, and that I will not speak for black women but I will hold him accountable as a white person who doesn’t ignore this tit and never has.

I’m sure you don’t even follow me or know anything about me so please dont call me a bleeping moron when you don’t have all the facts.

and yes hi 👋🏻 I’m here because I wanted to help a woman who made a post about her husband cheating and it hit a nerve as an experience I had had. So hello.

as you were 😂 I’m pretty chilled about people slagging me off, I mean I once dared to eat my kids cupcake and ended up on here, but this wasn’t fair in my opinion.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
They’re all awful. All of them. SODs, Candice, Susie V, Budget Clem...
It’s like how the sort of people who want to be politicians are absolutely the last sort of people who should be politicians because they’re, power-hungry narcissists.
If you’re an influencer or have any kind of nurtured, large instagram following, by default that flags you up as someone with monstrous self-regard and ego. If you weren’t a narcissist you would abhor that kind of attention and never seek it out in the first place.
They can all duck off IMO. Even the ‘good’ ones. The sign of a truly ‘good’ person is that they’re not on Instagram at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Maybe I am a moron for not knowing how to use “quote” properly.

ill go back to insta now where I understand how the app works 🤣

• Haha
It’s like how the sort of people who want to be politicians are absolutely the last sort of people who should be politicians because they’re, power-hungry narcissists.
If you’re an influencer or have any kind of nurtured, large instagram following, by default that flags you up as someone with monstrous self-regard and ego. If you weren’t a narcissist you would abhor that kind of attention and never seek it out in the first place.
They can all duck off IMO. Even the ‘good’ ones. The sign of a truly ‘good’ person is that they’re not on Instagram at all.
I’m sorry but I don’t agree with this ‘The sign of a truly ‘good’ person is that they’re not on Instagram at all.’
This is the comment that gives this site a bad name, there are lots of good people on insta sharing all sorts of creativity, awareness, inspiration, advice, ideas etc.

I can’t let this comment go, it is totally untrue.

Instagram is a great platform for sharing many things. I am the first to call out the many reprehensible ideals of some influencers (naked kids, no child privacy, over use of chemicals, intense pressure to consume, Photoshopping all images etc etc) but this kind of comment does tattle no favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think there are plenty of new members who think Tattle is a trolling forum like they’ve been told. So they’re joining the troll party and are not doing the website any favor.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but I don’t agree with this ‘The sign of a truly ‘good’ person is that they’re not on Instagram at all.’
This is the comment that gives this site a bad name, there are lots of good people on insta sharing all sorts of creativity, awareness, inspiration, advice, ideas etc.

Instagram is a great platform for sharing many things. I am the first to call out the many reprehensible ideals of some influencers (naked kids, no child privacy, over use of chemicals, intense pressure to consume, Photoshopping all images etc etc) but this kind of comment does tattle no favours.
I think Instagram used to be like that. I really don’t think it’s like that any more. Maybe I’m following the wrong people, but anyone I follow who’s not just one of my mates is growing a following just so they can sell stuff. It’s one big ad platform and market place now.
I don’t really understand how I’m ‘bringing Tattle down’ by saying that.

Have returned sfom the Susie V thread. Remember when Alicegate broke and FoD was eerily quiet for a couple of days, then came back with his "reflective" post? And we all said he had (deservedly) chucked Clemmie under the bus? Yeah... well Greg Rutherford is blithely storying about chicks... the day after his fiancee and mother of his kids is outed as a vile racist/ableist/fatphobic/xenophobic etc etc hypocrite...
Well colour me surprised; I didn't realise this Susie lady was Rutherford's partner. I saw the tweets being discussed but didn't look further into it and had never heard of her. Not a fan of his either so can't say this has shocked my world but it does echo the FOD/SOD situation. Except Greg Rutherford at one point excelled at something in his life which can hardly be said for FOD's life of salad tossing :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Absolutely this. I have mentioned before the organisations and support groups that I am part of with focussing on recurrent miscarriage and fertility treatment. Before Instagram it was Twitter. A network of people supporting people. A common ground for people suffering the same or similar. The world would be a very lonely place for many of the women/men/couples I connect with without social media. It is a fairground for support. Even the ones with elevated platforms such as Elle Wright. She provides truly valuable support to many whether you like her or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Runs immediately to theSusie V thread!

I reckon we probably have a similar basic income to the SoDs and I can say categorically that their holidaying is entirely outside our reach, as are their interiors. There is no way at all that they will be able to carry on as they were. We can afford Milk and More and Hello Fresh. I could buy stuff from Boden. We can go to a festival, and probably stretch to a posh tent as a one off. We manage multiple breaks but not in their league - and tbh our credit card starts to take the strain. The good times are over until they start to inherit from their parents, at which point of course they’re all set.
Same here. We actually did a week in a similar resort to Martinhal a few years ago as we thought that was the sort of holiday we should be doing on our sort of income and it was amazing, but pretty much wiped us out for the year. I remember (naively) wondering how on earth all these people could afford to go away pretty much every school holiday.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Do you know what has really got my goat sbout this whole MOD / FOD racism saga? Clemmie effing Telford. She is literally besties with MOD. Just look back to the birth of Greta - Clemmie was the first to visit, and is sat next to a virtually naked Telford. Yet Telford has NEVER addressed her connection with Mod post alicegate - and is now so far up CB's ass it's unreal. Why is no one calling CT out on item?!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Agreed completely (re influencers). That’s also why for disclosure to my pals on the thread why I won’t be engaging with the influencer above 😂 They’re all #brands trying to safeguard their interests, centre themselves in the movement, and maybe even secure a bigger audience if they start engaging with big accounts who will @ them back.

The man has proven himself consistently to not give a duck about anyone but himself and freebies. Good for you if you feel you’re doing the Lord’s work in trying to educate him but please don’t do him pro bono PR work it’s insulting to the communities he & family continually shits on.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone using social media to get fame and make money for just “being” (as opposed using it to back up what they’re doing, or making, or a business etc) is in my view a tit person. Which is all the instahuns. Even the “good” ones.

If fame/monetising is the motivation then I’m out. Lazy. Get a real job. Go and make something of your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Do you know what has really got my goat sbout this whole MOD / FOD racism saga? Clemmie effing Telford. She is literally besties with MOD. Just look back to the birth of Greta - Clemmie was the first to visit, and is sat next to a virtually naked Telford. Yet Telford has NEVER addressed her connection with Mod post alicegate - and is now so far up CB's ass it's unreal. Why is no one calling CT out on item?!
Clemmie was her midwife and was at the birth of her daughter.So that will explain the photo.

Absolutely agree. Instagram (while it’s nowhere near the same as it was when it first started) is still one of the best social media platforms around. You just have to be following the right people. And all the ones who made it such a tit place for others before we got wise to their tactics of pimping their kids and monetising every fart are now getting their comeuppance. So it’s still a great place to be even if it’s just for the lolz from the shitstorm that’s currently brewing.

Which btw, I’m not making light of racism or the BLM movement which is, ofc, highly commendable but it’s great to see all these influencers turning on each other and calling everyone out. It’s just warms my cold little heart to see a light being shone on the absolute hypocrisy and previous holier than thou attitudes of some of the mumfluencers. You love to see it 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Absolutely agree. Instagram (while it’s nowhere near the same as it was when it first started) is still one of the best social media platforms around. You just have to be following the right people. And all the ones who made it such a tit place for others before we got wise to their tactics of pimping their kids and monetising every fart are now getting their comeuppance. So it’s still a great place to be even if it’s just for the lolz from the shitstorm that’s currently brewing.

Which btw, I’m not making light of racism or the BLM movement which is, ofc, highly commendable but it’s great to see all these influencers turning on each other and calling everyone out. It’s just warms my cold little heart to see a light being shone on the absolute hypocrisy and previous holier than thou attitudes of some of the mumfluencers. You love to see it 🤣
Yes! You do have to "curate your feed" 🤢. Have a regular clear out, follow some new accounts or hashtags. But you can have a great time on insta and engage with great people. The influencer squad are not those people, hence why we are all here!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm.sure Clem 'caught' Greta?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.