MOD & FOD #30 Comments from Yoda: A tw*t, you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't watched the videos, and I will not comment on whether he is truly having MH issues or not because maybe, for him, it is hard to handle... we all react to things differently. That said, I do agree that grief, shock, having things not going quite like you were expecting them to, finding out that the plan or image you have in your head of what your life should look like will not materialise... these are all feelings every human will experience at some point in life. Many experience them earlier than others, but if you do not know what loss is, if you do not know how hard you have to work to get what you want, if you cannot deal with change then you will never develop empathy, resilience or value what you do have for their true worth. True MH issues come when you have no mechanisms to deal with these events for whatever reason that may be - it is truly an illness and should be seen like that. Having it mainstream will not help people who really do need to be looked after. I may also add, I have often found middle-class, (lower) public school educated Brits do have a very clear life plan and become extremely unhappy when it does not unfold. I apologise if it's a generalisation but that has been a constant across certain groups of people I have met since I moved to the UK.

To his point that people who critiques without knowing him. Well, people will always talk about other people, is human nature and it used to be at the green grocers or the neighbourhood corner - now it has moved to the web and the issue is it stays forever there, is not just a fleeting comment anymore. But when you share so much content of your life, your family, your house people will feel they know you. And if that is not the real you, then is all fake. That is quite a contradiction.
Completely agree with this and what @Affiliatemebaby said. While it might be viewed as a generalisation I grew up in that generation and have to agree. While I was lucky to have been brought up with some degree of privilege due to life circumstances understood disappointment, that life is full of bad as well as good so developed a level of resilience/understanding from a younger age (this isn’t a woe is me at all, what I experienced wasn’t awful, just part of life’s ebb and flow).
But my peers didn’t all have this so life post uni for some has been a shock. One friend constantly compares herself to other friends who she has deemed ‘have it all’ which translates to the MC life plan of ‘uni, job, marriage/house, children’ and as a result considers herself a failure. Regardless of what anyone says she can’t get out of that mindset as it’s almost so entrenched that life should be ‘easy’ and follow a set plan. My fiancé has had genuine MH struggles which in part stem from childhood issues/lack of coping mechanisms but also in part because he has lacked resilience he then found it hard when life has challenged him if that makes sense? I guess my rambling point is that I agree that some are under the impression that life follows one set route and anything that deviates from that is a real tragedy. But life is full of a range of experiences that are there to shape us - disappointment that something didn’t follow the perceived plan for example doesn’t equal depression.
It’s a fine line isn’t it with Mental Health being the in vogue subject - it can really help raise awareness where needed but can also dilute it to something trivial when it is far from that for those who genuinely experience it and live with it daily.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Completely agree with this and what @Affiliatemebaby said. While it might be viewed as a generalisation I grew up in that generation and have to agree. While I was lucky to have been brought up with some degree of privilege due to life circumstances understood disappointment, that life is full of bad as well as good so developed a level of resilience/understanding from a younger age (this isn’t a woe is me at all, what I experienced wasn’t awful, just part of life’s ebb and flow).
But my peers didn’t all have this so life post uni for some has been a shock. One friend constantly compares herself to other friends who she has deemed ‘have it all’ which translates to the MC life plan of ‘uni, job, marriage/house, children’ and as a result considers herself a failure. Regardless of what anyone says she can’t get out of that mindset as it’s almost so entrenched that life should be ‘easy’ and follow a set plan. My fiancé has had genuine MH struggles which in part stem from childhood issues/lack of coping mechanisms but also in part because he has lacked resilience he then found it hard when life has challenged him if that makes sense? I guess my rambling point is that I agree that some are under the impression that life follows one set route and anything that deviates from that is a real tragedy. But life is full of a range of experiences that are there to shape us - disappointment that something didn’t follow the perceived plan for example doesn’t equal depression.
It’s a fine line isn’t it with Mental Health being the in vogue subject - it can really help raise awareness where needed but can also dilute it to something trivial when it is far from that for those who genuinely experience it and live with it daily.
yep! You described it perfectly, it’s like goal orientated living and it’s a sure way to make yourself bleeping miserable. There are so many factors that influence the outcome of your life, some happen at conception (race, gender, class) some later but you’re so right it’s always perceived as a tragedy when life diverts? I also think it’s disproportionately burdened on women, I never hear men talk about how these things outside of their salary. I’ve been guilty of the salary one myself.

Tbh with friends I know who feel like this I often feel that focusing on these goals can lead them a ruin, like I know someone who was so desperate to be married at 23 she ended up marrying anyone that’d comply and it was over 6 months later? Like rushing to complete ur goals = a disaster but that’s a whole other topic init. Sorry to completely derail from FOD and their lack of gifted garden gear 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Having watched the video, admittedly without full concentration, I’m really not sure what FODs mental health issues are
Exactly that. He listed "issues" that we all deal with all of the time. Being an Influencer really has given him a higher sense of self hasn't it?

I think the lack of understanding the general public clearly have of influencer marketing is a huge problem? Like reading these comments people clearly don’t bleeping get it. They are the monetisable audience? They are being served with #ads from marketing teams via a couple in Kent.
This - and the whole post is so well put. Thanks @heretoreaditall2019

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Clemmie was 22 and he was 23 when she was pregnant with her first, I listened to both their podcasts on Happy Mum Happy Baby. So why is he now trying to pretend he was 25? Being a young parent isn’t the “middle class” thing to do so maybe he’s trying to down play it a bit by saying he was 25 and not 23.
I still wouldn’t say 23 was young 🤷‍♀️ I’m 27 and we don’t have children yet, but my brother was 15 when he had his son. Now of course that is absolutely ridiculously young and we all were shocked but he’s 10 now and we’ve known no difference. That is young and mentally hard, although if you’re old enough to have unprotected sex then you have noone else to blame

Reactions: 9
Yes! July 3rd. Alicia Silverstone is Kirsty’s mom and they made the girls cast very diverse, which is really cool.
Omg I DID NOT KNOW THIS!!! So exciting!! All about the SVH too, I still have loads of episodes on VHS! Sorry to derail the SODs thread but these are the acronyms of my childhood and I am loving the nostalgia! 😍😂

Same to all of this! I’ve not seen the BSC film but the books were so brilliant. I was obsessed with Claudia and her art, jewellery and junk food.

And also a massive yes to Sweet Valley High! What a blast from the past.
😍😍😍 always so envious of Claudia and her junk food stash 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Taken me so long to catch up....always a sign that he’s been a dick again!

So sorry for what you went through @judsmum and others who’ve mentioned similar. I had 3 losses including my little boys twin so if I’d have seen that fucker whinging about having kids when I was going through that I’d have wanted to throw my phone at his wrinkled bleeping head!

Like someone else said if he really had mental health issues he’d talk about it anytime not use mental health week! And being blocked I haven’t actually seen it but I hope to god he wasn’t crying - sick twit.

And is he claiming to be asleep in that pic? Holding an open beer. Liar!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg I DID NOT KNOW THIS!!! So exciting!! All about the SVH too, I still have loads of episodes on VHS! Sorry to derail the SODs thread but these are the acronyms of my childhood and I am loving the nostalgia! 😍😂

😍😍😍 always so envious of Claudia and her junk food stash 😂
Omg I’m the one who’s sorry for derailing our SOD’s chat with BSC hahaha. I’m so excited for the Netflix revival!

Have you read the Sweet Valley adult books? Francine Pascal wrote a few sort of “where are they now” books. I just checked my shelf and the first one is called The Sweet Life, the others I got from the library as ebooks.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
yep! You described it perfectly, it’s like goal orientated living and it’s a sure way to make yourself bleeping miserable. There are so many factors that influence the outcome of your life, some happen at conception (race, gender, class) some later but you’re so right it’s always perceived as a tragedy when life diverts? I also think it’s disproportionately burdened on women, I never hear men talk about how these things outside of their salary. I’ve been guilty of the salary one myself.

Tbh with friends I know who feel like this I often feel that focusing on these goals can lead them a ruin, like I know someone who was so desperate to be married at 23 she ended up marrying anyone that’d comply and it was over 6 months later? Like rushing to complete ur goals = a disaster but that’s a whole other topic init. Sorry to completely derail from FOD and their lack of gifted garden gear 😂
As someone whose life has most definitely not gone "to plan" I fully agree!! The best analogy I have is what the midwife said to me regarding birth plans "it's more like a wish list- when it happens, you just need to go with the flow". Excellent advice as my natural birth, minimal intervention, home asap birth became aaaaalllll the drugs, emergency c section, week in hospital. And life is like that too. I'm not saying don't have goals/dreams/plans etc, but you also need to accept that the route may not be as linear as you might like.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
OMG they are planning to ruin yet another room in their house by adding wallpaper! No chance these posts aren’t sponsored. Nobody loves wallpaper that much!
Currently the bathroom is very simple, light and airy. Why would you want to put a wallpaper in such a small room and make everyone who enters it claustrophobic?
And how the hell has anyone forgotten how ridiculous those houses with wallpaper everywhere in the 70s and 80s looked 5 years down the road?

• Haha
  • Heart
Damn HOH have done their new stories before I had chance to come in with my predictions. I was about to say they’re gonna use that nasty wall paper company again because they’ve recently followed PR company Monks Squared who are the agency for Divine savages (wallpaper in Fods bedroom).
My money is on them going for the wallpaper with the pink in...cos it’s gonna be pink and green like every insta account right?

However, as he never reads here, because he just turns off his phone, it’s pure coincidence that he’s posted a photo showing a bookcase, not because several of you trolls asked where the adult books are!
Must all be rubbish you read on the loo as they keep them just outside the shitter!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Latest HoH stories we have: (1) books! and (2) loo roll balanced on a loo brush handle!
They’re keeping it real, kids.
I saw that - thought, let’s hope he pushes the boat out and fits a loo roll holder...scabby gits! Surprised he’s not sat on there having a tit to make it look even more skank!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ick. They have the toilet paper sitting atop the toilet brush. Not very sanitary.😱

• Sick
  • Wow
Just rushed here with a bookshelf screenshot but you beat me to it @Dogmuck ! I applaud you!
Also good spot on the toilet roll @Pocahontas 👏🏼
Wonder what we can get him to show us next? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I saw that - thought, let’s hope he pushes the boat out and fits a loo roll holder...scabby gits! Surprised he’s not sat on there having a tit to make it look even more skank!
He already did that shot.😶

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
offered without comment:

BBC News - Grandmother ordered to delete Facebook photos under GDPR
It won’t
I’ve followed the oD’s for a few years , back in the days when she’d first given birth to the twins and they both were likeable and relatively normal.

I think the rot set in for Simon when they decided to move ; he wanted to be closer to his family but Clemmie wanted Kent and Clemmie got her way.

In my non professional opinion his ‘grief’ and ‘shock’ is manifested in his solitary life in the expensive Kent ex Drs Surgery . He gave in to everything Clemmie wanted to keep her happy and he’s anything but , he can’t say that can he, not on IG?

Then she went and fucked it all up.
Wow! I think you’ve really nailed on the head! It feels kinda obvious now...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.