MOD & FOD #30 Comments from Yoda: A tw*t, you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having watched the video, admittedly without full concentration, I’m really not sure what FODs mental health issues are, it is clear he is just jumping on the band wagon and rather than giving proper advice about agencies that can support ...his idea is send him a DM.

I hope I can phrase what I mean by this correctly, life isn’t rainbows and puppies everyday for everybody. People lose people and his friends death is tragic but tragedies and sad things happen. People have down days and sad days but that is the nature of emotions. Everyday isn’t going to be joyful and glorious but that doesn’t mean that you have mental health issues, it means you’re human. People can have worries and stresses but still be ok mentally.

Having worked in education, bullying awareness week could be a draining week because if not dealt with correctly every single argument was suddenly bullying. Kids fall out and make up, sometimes they need help to do it but that isn’t bullying.

In the same way when people experience sadness, stress, worry, exhaustion etc it doesn’t mean you have mental health issues. I know when I go for a daily walk, eat well, am in control of spending and finances and drink less alcohol I feel better about myself but I wouldn’t be on Instagram giving advice about sending me a DM when in the middle of my walk to help your mental health because I think genuine mental health issues need professional support Which is more than going for a bike ride or a walk.

I really think the influencers presentation of these perfect life styles with all the positive days are really damaging for a couple of reasons.
1) People who might be content are pretty much being told if you aren’t happy all the time then you have mental health issues as opposed to the range of emotions of a human.
2) People who have genuine mental health concerns aren’t being signposted to genuine medical support but are being told to DM said unqualified influencers.

I hope that makes sense and I haven’t offended anyone, he just has hacked me off with his non issues!
I absolutely agree. People need to feel grief, disappointment, worry - it's all normal and not a mental health issue.... however not being allowed to feel these emotions can result in mental health problems.

That photo was 100% staged.

I'm not a graphic designer (wannabe) but just a quick glance can tell you that the rug and clothes choices were picked out to "match" 🙄

Oh, where was Clemmie's dress from, I love your rugs.... (ditch the t-shirt)....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So this here photo on Foddy’s page - complete with a patronising, ‘Marriage Tips For Dummies’ caption.
They either got one of their daughters to take a picture, or they set a timer. Either way, they are lying there in manufactured poses of relaxation - FOD’s even pretending to be ASLEEP, seconds after either giving an instruction or setting the timer.
You utter melts.
Certainly wouldn't want marriage tips from them two, Christ on a bloody bike 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Having watched the video, admittedly without full concentration, I’m really not sure what FODs mental health issues are, it is clear he is just jumping on the band wagon and rather than giving proper advice about agencies that can support ...his idea is send him a DM.

I hope I can phrase what I mean by this correctly, life isn’t rainbows and puppies everyday for everybody. People lose people and his friends death is tragic but tragedies and sad things happen. People have down days and sad days but that is the nature of emotions. Everyday isn’t going to be joyful and glorious but that doesn’t mean that you have mental health issues, it means you’re human. People can have worries and stresses but still be ok mentally.

Having worked in education, bullying awareness week could be a draining week because if not dealt with correctly every single argument was suddenly bullying. Kids fall out and make up, sometimes they need help to do it but that isn’t bullying.

In the same way when people experience sadness, stress, worry, exhaustion etc it doesn’t mean you have mental health issues. I know when I go for a daily walk, eat well, am in control of spending and finances and drink less alcohol I feel better about myself but I wouldn’t be on Instagram giving advice about sending me a DM when in the middle of my walk to help your mental health because I think genuine mental health issues need professional support Which is more than going for a bike ride or a walk.

I really think the influencers presentation of these perfect life styles with all the positive days are really damaging for a couple of reasons.
1) People who might be content are pretty much being told if you aren’t happy all the time then you have mental health issues as opposed to the range of emotions of a human.
2) People who have genuine mental health concerns aren’t being signposted to genuine medical support but are being told to DM said unqualified influencers.

I hope that makes sense and I haven’t offended anyone, he just has hacked me off with his non issues!
Ok so you have perfectly articulated what was going through my head watching that act. Shock from finding out your are going to be a father at 25 and Grief at tragically losing a friend is not a mental health issue. He is scrapping the bleeping barrel at this point. And pretty much undermining every one of us that do have genuine mental health issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
V
So this here photo on Foddy’s page - complete with a patronising, ‘Marriage Tips For Dummies’ caption.
They either got one of their daughters to take a picture, or they set a timer. Either way, they are lying there in manufactured poses of relaxation - FOD’s even pretending to be ASLEEP, seconds after either giving an instruction or setting the timer.
You utter melts.
Desperately looking for free garden furniture me thinks.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I absolutely agree. People need to feel grief, disappointment, worry - it's all normal and not a mental health issue.... however not being allowed to feel these emotions can result in mental health problems.

I'm not a graphic designer (wannabe) but just a quick glance can tell you that the rug and clothes choices were picked out to "match" 🙄

Oh, where was Clemmie's dress from, I love your rugs.... (ditch the t-shirt)....
I haven't watched the videos, and I will not comment on whether he is truly having MH issues or not because maybe, for him, it is hard to handle... we all react to things differently. That said, I do agree that grief, shock, having things not going quite like you were expecting them to, finding out that the plan or image you have in your head of what your life should look like will not materialise... these are all feelings every human will experience at some point in life. Many experience them earlier than others, but if you do not know what loss is, if you do not know how hard you have to work to get what you want, if you cannot deal with change then you will never develop empathy, resilience or value what you do have for their true worth. True MH issues come when you have no mechanisms to deal with these events for whatever reason that may be - it is truly an illness and should be seen like that. Having it mainstream will not help people who really do need to be looked after. I may also add, I have often found middle-class, (lower) public school educated Brits do have a very clear life plan and become extremely unhappy when it does not unfold. I apologise if it's a generalisation but that has been a constant across certain groups of people I have met since I moved to the UK.

To his point that people who critiques without knowing him. Well, people will always talk about other people, is human nature and it used to be at the green grocers or the neighbourhood corner - now it has moved to the web and the issue is it stays forever there, is not just a fleeting comment anymore. But when you share so much content of your life, your family, your house people will feel they know you. And if that is not the real you, then is all fake. That is quite a contradiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You utter melts.
It is nice that mOd matched her dress to the rug though:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Their face on this pictures reminds me of mine when I asked my husband to take pictures of my newborn baby asleep on me and was pretending to sleep too 😂 terrible acting !

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve followed the oD’s for a few years , back in the days when she’d first given birth to the twins and they both were likeable and relatively normal.

I think the rot set in for Simon when they decided to move ; he wanted to be closer to his family but Clemmie wanted Kent and Clemmie got her way.

In my non professional opinion his ‘grief’ and ‘shock’ is manifested in his solitary life in the expensive Kent ex Drs Surgery . He gave in to everything Clemmie wanted to keep her happy and he’s anything but , he can’t say that can he, not on IG?

Then she went and fucked it all up.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Oh yes, there’s plenty of those comments: ‘Love Clemmie’s dress! Where’s it from?!’, and ‘Where’s Clemmie! I MISS her!’
The Clembot is a surefire tool of engagement for FOD, second only to the twins.
Also, bit of morning cheer. These comments all made me laugh for their various reasons!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Imagine reading on the internet that your mum and dad dreaded the thought of your arrival at first. FOD, you are first class twit but you have arrived at a new destination in twattery for me today.
Thing is it’s out there forever isn’t it and who can say how someone will react to that knowledge I know it devastated my mother to know she wasn’t exactly wanted 😐 also it just makes me think of instagrammers like breathlessly mothering who died not long ago and how she fought so hard to live for her children and someone like bowel babe who fights every day ( and the many more who are out there) and then you’ve got him moaning and yes I know that sometimes you have to moan but most ‘normal’ people moan to their mates/partners or in a social media post saying ‘god what a crap day’ or in private in the bath with some chocolate and a coffee... not on their bike...in a country lane... filming themselves on their google pixel 4 or whatever it is phone... because that seems to scream narcissist not mental health ambassador 🙄 and that goes for every other dingbat filming themselves crying ( just my opinion) as it makes you look like a psycho or one of those people you see in films who practice crying in a mirror for sympathy 🤨

Reactions: 12
Thing is it’s out there forever isn’t it and who can say how someone will react to that knowledge I know it devastated my mother to know she wasn’t exactly wanted 😐 also it just makes me think of instagrammers like breathlessly mothering who died not long ago and how she fought so hard to live for her children and someone like bowel babe who fights every day ( and the many more who are out there) and then you’ve got him moaning and yes I know that sometimes you have to moan but most ‘normal’ people moan to their mates/partners or in a social media post saying ‘god what a crap day’ or in private in the bath with some chocolate and a coffee... not on their bike...in a country lane... filming themselves on their google pixel 4 or whatever it is phone... because that seems to scream narcissist not mental health ambassador 🙄 and that goes for every other dingbat filming themselves crying ( just my opinion) as it makes you look like a psycho or one of those people you see in films who practice crying in a mirror for sympathy 🤨
Oh my god you just nailed it, he is a psychopath ! The lack of empathy, especially for his girls or wife is there ! Psychopaths also tends to use people for their own gain.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
He just doesn’t seem to have any self awareness at all! Yes we all go through hard times in life but mental health goes so much deeper than that and doesn’t always have a clear cause. I really hope that anyone who is truly in need doesn’t rely on him for advice

Reactions: 8
Oh my love. This made me weep. So much love to you and your husband ❤ Ive lost many babies over the years, my first at 21. By some absolute miracle I concieved twins naturally, but was told all the way through my pregnancy that I likely wouldn't be home with both babies. I spent 40 nights in hospital on bed rest to keep them in for as long as possible, they're now almost 4 months old and the smiliest little balls of chub. They're my world. Seeing how mod/fod have pimped out their twins hurts my heart.
Congratulations on your twins!! My boy was a twin but unfortunately I lost his sibling! So he is even more extra special!!

thank you tattlers for all your lovely words yesterday! It was much appreciated! I have calmed down since yesterday and will revert back to my covert operations and observations!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I haven't watched the videos, and I will not comment on whether he is truly having MH issues or not because maybe, for him, it is hard to handle... we all react to things differently. That said, I do agree that grief, shock, having things not going quite like you were expecting them to, finding out that the plan or image you have in your head of what your life should look like will not materialise... these are all feelings every human will experience at some point in life. Many experience them earlier than others, but if you do not know what loss is, if you do not know how hard you have to work to get what you want, if you cannot deal with change then you will never develop empathy, resilience or value what you do have for their true worth. True MH issues come when you have no mechanisms to deal with these events for whatever reason that may be - it is truly an illness and should be seen like that. Having it mainstream will not help people who really do need to be looked after. I may also add, I have often found middle-class, (lower) public school educated Brits do have a very clear life plan and become extremely unhappy when it does not unfold. I apologise if it's a generalisation but that has been a constant across certain groups of people I have met since I moved to the UK.

To his point that people who critiques without knowing him. Well, people will always talk about other people, is human nature and it used to be at the green grocers or the neighbourhood corner - now it has moved to the web and the issue is it stays forever there, is not just a fleeting comment anymore. But when you share so much content of your life, your family, your house people will feel they know you. And if that is not the real you, then is all fake. That is quite a contradiction.
This has been my experience too with this sort. I think they are brought up in an environment where they have so much privilege and support in life that they expect no problems will ever hit, and they don’t need to overcome any obstacles early in life so they have no preparation. I have a cousin who sort of fits into this mould, but is far more self-aware than FoD, and once said to me ‘if you fail as a middle-class white man, with all the advantages you have, it means you must be really tit’. He ended up with a bad drinking problem after things went off the rails for him but turned it all round and I’m really proud of him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Clemmie was 22 and he was 23 when she was pregnant with her first, I listened to both their podcasts on Happy Mum Happy Baby. So why is he now trying to pretend he was 25? Being a young parent isn’t the “middle class” thing to do so maybe he’s trying to down play it a bit by saying he was 25 and not 23.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Crying about being a father at 25 🙄🙄🙄
You’d have thought that a midwife would know how babies are made and about birth control options??
True 😂😂 they really go on about being 'young' parents - you'd think they had kids at 26 they say they go on!!!

Reactions: 3
💗 to all you lot posting on here about your lives. I had a major blow up on here last time FoD took the piss by trying to jump on the mental health bandwagon. Living with depression all my life, with the effect it’s had on my career, relationships, friendships, parenting, I find it hard to appreciate some shallow, facile little public school boy telling me how hard his life has been and preaching about mental health.

Losing his friend is very sad but this stuff happens to all of us, and worse. That is what happens in life.

I see he’s lost over 400 followers today so I don’t think this has hit the spot.
I'm with you @Affiliatemebaby. I've had terrible depression since I was 11, it has impacted my life in so many negative ways that I've lost count, as I'm sure you know all too well.

He doesn't have a bleeping clue. Utterly tone-deaf and insensitive as per bleeping usual. Christ, I hate him.

Massive hugs to you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I live with depression and anxiety everyday. My oh has it to. It’s a battle. With two kids with additional needs it’s hard at times. So Simons preaching about MH is patronising and well annoying and condescending.

Reactions: 8
o_O

I wouldn't think that would be a laughing matter and it reminds me of a true story we got told in class, 3 year old had shoved an old battery into his nose. He developed an infection- the doc didn't ask if he'd been given tetanus shot as he'd assumed the child had received it before. (He hadn't). The child was given antibiotics but came back sicker- turns out the mother didn't believe in antibiotics either.

You utter melts.
I'd worry about that can slipping...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.