MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before she became St Clemmie, Patron St of Midwives™️, and way before she adopted this holier than thou attitude, she was always getting into arguments behind the scenes. The Kim K thing was the pinnacle. She always did it through DM’s though, so it wasn’t on her feed. She had that massive spat with Danielle Parry. I think she had form for sending bitchy messages to people who’d upset her, then doing a ‘poor me’ story so that her followers would go after whoever had pissed her off. She’s nasty.
Yep I got a passive aggressive DM from the high chief midwife when I called out one of her ridiculous "look at the happy brown people" posts in Africa. I did this on my private account so one of my followers (although according to Clemmie in her DM to me it was 3 people) shared my post with her. So I posted about whoever they were to duck off - kicked everyone who I didn't know personally off and told Saint Clemmie to go take a good hard look at herself and her #middleclasscolonialattitudes

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Danielle took the piss out of middle class mums (in particular MOD) one night when she was pissed. She deleted it but MOD had set her fangirls on her already and Danielle ended up deleting her account.
Let’s face it, the mc Insta mamas are incredibly easy to take the piss out of, sober or trollied😁

Reactions: 6
Yep I got a passive aggressive DM from the high chief midwife when I called out one of her ridiculous "look at the happy brown people" posts in Africa. I did this on my private account so one of my followers (although according to Clemmie in her DM to me it was 3 people) shared my post with her. So I posted about whoever they were to duck off - kicked everyone who I didn't know personally off and told Saint Clemmie to go take a good hard look at herself and her #middleclasscolonialattitudes
Some of your followers sent it to MOD? That’s crazy

Some of your followers sent it to MOD? That’s crazy
There must be some proper arse lickers out there.

If I was MOD, firstly, I wouldn’t want to know if someone was talking about me. If I’m not tagged, I don’t care (and even if I was, I still wouldn’t). And secondly, not everyone is going to agree with what you do. When you have that amount of instafame, you can’t micromanage people’s opinions. Does she think Beyoncé personally confronts everyone on the internet who has a negative opinion about her? Does she duck (not that Mod is in Beyoncé’s league, but you get my drift).

Did anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary about mothers suffering from mental health problems??

There was one woman saying how she felt that she had to portray everything as perfect via her instagram while things were actually falling apart. They showed some of her photos, all beautifully staged pictures of her gorgeous baby, just like you’d see from the instamum brigade. My heart broke for her but it also made me think of these threads and how disgusting these people are selling a completely false and consumer driven lifestyle to vulnerable women.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I like their new kitchen but boring old me wouldn’t have had it as cheaply as they got it .

IKEA or Howdens for those who can’t afford big kitchen bucks.
I follow Herringbone Kitchens on Instagram, the company who supplied/fitted their new kitchen and they are quite transparent that their ‘large’ (OD family size) kitchens are 40k+. I’d imagine that’s before you start on all the optional extras too. Mega bucks!

Did anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary about mothers suffering from mental health problems??

There was one woman saying how she felt that she had to portray everything as perfect via her instagram while things were actually falling apart. They showed some of her photos, all beautifully staged pictures of her gorgeous baby, just like you’d see from the instamum brigade. My heart broke for her but it also made me think of these threads and how disgusting these people are selling a completely false and consumer driven lifestyle to vulnerable women.
I wrote a blog about this. Weirdly no one on insta shared it, despite several big accounts corresponding with me via email. One saixd she had recieved abusive messages from s instamum when she called them out over freebies. It's a nasty world. Plesse share the blog if you can

Reactions: 11

I haven’t watched it yet but to be honest I’m here because of that. I was vulnerable and low due to family trauma and ill with depression and anxiety (not after sympathy-just explaining) Instagram became a hobby, I loved the photos and connecting with other women. I remember finding MOD through FOD back in the midwifehooper era when FOD had 15k followers and MOD 60k. I found her aspirational, pretty, hardworking, normal. She worked for NHS and I genuinely thought I could aim for my life to reach something resembling hers. I thought nhs midwives could afford £160 sleepyheads, £250 bras, extortionate cots. Despite being a mother and quite intelligent, my vulnerability made me perfect fodder for MOD’s manipulation and use. It sounds dramatic and I know the problem was fundamentally mine, but when she promotes mental health and post partum issues I’m disgusted with her. She accepts no responsibility for her account management and the impact on many mums. As soon as awareness crept in she had the chance to own it and make something positive, but what did she do? She just made as much money as possible in the most self entitled way. She sold her kids and privacy and didn’t give a toss.
When I see her as a speaker on midwifery and as a mental health advocate for Superdrug I find it really upsetting.(edit- it’s not so much upsetting but so awful that she uses these things to make money) She is not a midwife at heart.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
News report this morning about Kings College Hospital post natal wards having bed bugs. They are still taking in patients, but are warning them. 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 4
News report this morning about Kings College Hospital post natal wards having bed bugs. They are still taking in patients, but are warning them. 😳
Jeez, bed bugs are my worst nightmare. I’m always paranoid about them in hotels, never mind a hospital.

Reactions: 2
I believe MOD got on a high horse about Kim K’s flogging of weightless lollies (which yes is a reprehensible thing too) and it was pointed out that her own posts worrying about or showing off actually thin and attractive body wasn’t exactly the pinnacle of inclusive feminism either. She got quite upset, I think?

Yeah she posted a pic of herself in her underwear and had a go at Kim K for selling skinny lollipops or something, but it was written in such a way that she was actually body shaming Kim and people went a bit mad over it.

Reactions: 3
It also included criticism in the comments of how Kim K Pays a “poor surrogate” to carry her babies now so that she doesn’t gain weight. Which, Kim K fan or not, is slanderous and provably untrue. The reasons for surrogacy have been so publicly shared, it was really cruel to women with fertility issues for Clemmie to say that

Reactions: 7
Yeah she posted a pic of herself in her underwear and had a go at Kim K for selling skinny lollipops or something, but it was written in such a way that she was actually body shaming Kim and people went a bit mad over it.
And rightly so! She was on such a high horse was St Clemmie of Thanet! Pot/kettle/black.....

And, didn't Clemmie just 'happen' to be wearing freebie, expensive lingerie when she did that anti KK post?

No doubt, she thought she could kill 2 birds with one stone. Appear all relevant, true-to-herself, strong girl sassy, AND squeeze in an advert, too.

Yet another epic fail. Again.

Reactions: 4
And, didn't Clemmie just 'happen' to be wearing freebie, expensive lingerie when she did that anti KK post?

No doubt, she thought she could kill 2 birds with one stone. Appear all relevant, true-to-herself, strong girl sassy, AND squeeze in an advert, too.

Yet another epic fail. Again.
Was pre AD revolution, those can now be discounted

Anyone seen the FoD’s latest stories, throwing one twin onto the bed and then transforming himself into a woman in another?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.