MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must admit I mind of feel embarrassed for her, especially when she does those 'exhausted midwife' posts/storie s on her way home on the train. I'm sure most of her colleagues want to give her a kick moaning about working one day a week, not to mention how many freebie luxury holidays she gets.
One busy shift is knackering. I do two long shifts a week. I’m knackered.

Reactions: 7
Clemmie has said her midwifery role is a “selfless” job. To me that’s patronising as most midwives are using their midwife salary to buy food and pay the bills. Not get a sainthood (or.....translation: keep things ticking over so you can flog more stuff on the gram)

Reactions: 10
Yes it is. My sister in law has been a full time midwife for over 30 years and is exhausted. I am just amazed that King's allow Clemmie to milk her role to the tune of £240,000 a year in extra income. It sends a very dangerous message to the public at a time when the NHS is struggling so much.

Clemmie has said her midwifery role is a “selfless” job. To me that’s patronising as most midwives are using their midwife salary to buy food and pay the bills. Not get a sainthood (or.....translation: keep things ticking over so you can flog more stuff on the gram)
Absolutely. I don't think there is much selfless about her behaviour - unless you count ruthlessly exploiting your photogenic children. Her latest stories just reinforces how tone deaf she is - bleating about her Farrow and Ball paint (and still no transparency) and her Glastonbury tickets (and still no transparency).

Reactions: 8
Yes it is. My sister in law has been a full time midwife for over 30 years and is exhausted. I am just amazed that King's allow Clemmie to milk her role to the tune of £240,000 a year in extra income. It sends a very dangerous message to the public at a time when the NHS is struggling so much.
I suppose it’s not too dissimilar to consultants doing private work to supplement their nhs income, really? Tho i suppose their private work takes pressure off the NHS - more so than flogging cracker tatt.

I think you just have to assume, re transparency, if they don’t explicitly say they’ve bought it, it’s been gifted?

Reactions: 1
I suppose it’s not too dissimilar to consultants doing private work to supplement their nhs income, really? Tho i suppose their private work takes pressure off the NHS - more so than flogging cracker tatt.

I think you just have to assume, re transparency, if they don’t explicitly say they’ve bought it, it’s been gifted?
I thought the whole point was that we shouldn't have to assume anything. They are supposed to be embracing transparency which means if we are left wondering or have to ask they are not doing their "job" properly. Look at all the questionable "testimonials" for the Hooper's flooring. Hmm.

Reactions: 5
Oh of course. It should all be made crystal clear but I reckon they must get so much tit for free (that the rest of us have to pay for) it would get embarrassing for them. Easier to be shady.

The camp bestival build up is going to be horrendous. He's dancing again.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Can't wait to see all the carefully staged photos of the InstaGals 'spontaneously' having fun. I'm predicting:

Kooky sunglasses #gifted
Face glitter
Stupidly expensive wellies #gifted
Longchamp bumbag #gifted
Boho maxi dresses ad infinitum #gifted
Crazee accessories a la fairy wings/feather boa/tri-corn hat

Oh come now. There's not a chance they'll be roughing it next to hoi polloi. They'll either be in the achingly cool yurts in the celebrity enclosure. Or, staying at a local uber luxury AirBnB.
That’s exactly what I thought. Glamping of AirBnB. They won’t be woken up by the sound of someone pissing up the side of their tent 😂

Reactions: 3
FOD really is a very strange man. The dancing thing is bizarre. It’s not even remotely funny.

Reactions: 7
FOD really is a very strange man. The dancing thing is bizarre. It’s not even remotely funny.
Watched yesterday, my 5 year old was peering over my shoulder and declared "that's weird, he's a weird man".
Lord help his kids and the embarrassment they must feel.

Reactions: 4
It’s really sad. Ok they are rich but at what cost? He’s gone from being a hard working man with a nice house in London and cycling home from his office to his family living life as a functioning human and father, and been reduced to this bizarre, lonely freak of a guy. He’s clearly struggling with the amount of time he’s alone in the house now he never gets out except to go to the dump. It feels like a cry for help. It’s weird and not normal behaviour at all. He’s constantly seeking attention and reassurance. I really feel for the kids in the middle of this. Their lives and his descent into this disturbing behaviour played out so publicly.
He needs to get back in the office and have social interaction regularly, coffee breaks and lunch with people. He behaves like he was probably a very people person and this life must be mind numbing my awful.
Clemmie has orchestrated this whole life and she meets her social needs and is away half of the week. He’s just her doormat, but clearly it’s affecting his mental health.
Is it worth all that money? In a massive cold house you are spending ridiculous amounts of money on.
Maybe they’ll do it up for free then sell it and have more money to move back to London?

Reactions: 14
Oh of course. It should all be made crystal clear but I reckon they must get so much tit for free (that the rest of us have to pay for) it would get embarrassing for them. Easier to be shady.
It’s illegal according to the ASA. They’re not rules they’re laws and instagrammers are fools if they think they can keep flouting them.

Reactions: 2
It absolutely is, but Clemmie has the luxury of sending the twins off to nursery when she gets home from her shift and getting into bed. She doesn't need to repeat it for another 7 days. I'm sure many that she works with don't have that privilege, therefore are silently seething at her being 'exhausted'. She doesn't need to do the shift either to feed/clothe/house her family unlike most of the NHS workers.

Reactions: 9
It’s really sad. Ok they are rich but at what cost? He’s gone from being a hard working man with a nice house in London and cycling home from his office to his family living life as a functioning human and father, and been reduced to this bizarre, lonely freak of a guy. He’s clearly struggling with the amount of time he’s alone in the house now he never gets out except to go to the dump. It feels like a cry for help. It’s weird and not normal behaviour at all. He’s constantly seeking attention and reassurance. I really feel for the kids in the middle of this. Their lives and his descent into this disturbing behaviour played out so publicly.
He needs to get back in the office and have social interaction regularly, coffee breaks and lunch with people. He behaves like he was probably a very people person and this life must be mind numbing my awful.
Clemmie has orchestrated this whole life and she meets her social needs and is away half of the week. He’s just her doormat, but clearly it’s affecting his mental health.
Is it worth all that money? In a massive cold house you are spending ridiculous amounts of money on.
Maybe they’ll do it up for free then sell it and have more money to move back to London?
I will never understand why two 'city liberals' chose to move to an area with a high Brexit majority. Yes they got a bigger house and there was money for private school, and her mum lives nearby, but the cost to him must be huge. I cannot imagine my husband agreeing to those terms (he has a similar job to FOD and thrives on the interaction in the office).

To me, the way they bang on about how glad they are they left London reeks of justification.

Reactions: 11
I will never understand why two 'city liberals' chose to move to an area with a high Brexit majority. Yes they got a bigger house and there was money for private school, and her mum lives nearby, but the cost to him must be huge. I cannot imagine my husband agreeing to those terms (he has a similar job to FOD and thrives on the interaction in the office).

To me, the way they bang on about how glad they are they left London reeks of justification.
A couple of sell outs. No more no less, just my VHO.

It’s not an odd decision to move to Ramsgate. Many people have moved there - largely creative types.

I think Thanet is popular with DFL's due to cheaper housing and fast train into London. I did chuckle though when I read Clemmie's account of why they needed to move; they had to store their double buggy in the boot of the car. That was the point when they realized that they could stay in London no longer. My double buggy always lived in the car, I wouldn't have thought to bring it into the house.

I think Thanet is popular with DFL's due to cheaper housing and fast train into London. I did chuckle though when I read Clemmie's account of why they needed to move; they had to store their double buggy in the boot of the car. That was the point when they realized that they could stay in London no longer. My double buggy always lived in the car, I wouldn't have thought to bring it into the house.
Plus, a double buggy isn’t going to be necessary for more than a few years.

Plus, a double buggy isn’t going to be necessary for more than a few years.
I didn’t realise that if you struggled to store your double buggy inside your house then it was time to move. How silly of me!

• Haha
I didn’t realise that if you struggled to store your double buggy inside your house then it was time to move. How silly of me!
Well of course it should be enough to realize that 6 people in a 4 bed London terrace is unbearable. The buggy was simply the straw that broke the camel's back :rolleyes:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.