MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What about other jewellery? Is it possible different trusts have different rules?
I’ve worked in 4 trusts and the uniform
Policies are all largely similar. In the 25 years I’ve nursed, wearing a necklace on duty in your uniform is not in line with policy. Clemmie didn’t forget to take it off. She wanted to flog a few necklaces whilst using her USP of being a overworked midwife in the NHS

Reactions: 8
I’ve worked in 4 trusts and the uniform
Policies are all largely similar. In the 25 years I’ve nursed, wearing a necklace on duty in your uniform is not in line with policy. Clemmie didn’t forget to take it off. She wanted to flog a few necklaces whilst using her USP of being a overworked midwife in the NHS
And what about other jewellery?

Alrighty, St. Clemmie has announced she won’t be watching Love Island this year because it doesn’t bring her joy.

Last edited:

Alrighty, St. Clemmie has announced she won’t be watching Love Island this year because it doesn’t bring her joy.
Usually a pain smooth wedding band and discreet stud earrings are all that’s allowed.

I watch Doctors on BBC1 and the nurses/midwife and receptionists wear name badges, but they aren’t yellow. Haven’t watched a Casualty in years, so don’t know if they wear them there on there.
Not a single person wears a badge of any description at my GP’s

She said she watched it last year for the first time and it was absolute drivel. Oh really because I can remember her going on holiday and saying that she’ll miss Love Island and her friend or someone was going to either record it for her to watch when she got back or keep her in the loop as it what happens. If it was drivel she wouldn’t have watched every episode would she? She’s not watching it because it’s been all over IG about how crap it is for MH and because some ex contestants have sadly taken their lives. So she therefore can’t be seen to condone such a programme can she? Not enough body diversity ... no there isn’t and I doubt there ever will be but I doubt that’s not the reason why she’s not watching it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So the sainted one is boycotting LI because of MH issues? Ha ha ha. Let's see how principled she is when it comes to protecting childrens' MH from exploitative parents who will humiliate their children for expensive holidays, kitchens and other freebies. Oh no, wait.........

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She sounds like a self righteous virtue signaling 18 year old in that story! ‘I’m going to Glastonbury instead!’ She’s so hyper aware of protecting an image of being woke and edgy but it just reeks of sixth former.

And yes. If she’s so worried about the links between public exposure and mental health she’s best check her own actions.

And the lip service mention of diversity!! You couldn’t make it up...

Reactions: 10
My trust doesn’t have the “hello my name is” badges but we do have a name badge. Our policy is two studs and a plain ring. But I have a plain wedding ring, a stud in my tragus and a nose ring. Which will please some of you 😂 to be fair it was usually a stud in my nose as technically it didn’t state where the studs should be but I forgot to change it one shift then never bothered afterwards. I’m a midwife, but it’s not that we have special rules as I see drs and nurses also push the boundaries too

I agree with everything everyone’s said about MOD’s hypocrisy but I also think Love Island is drivel 🤣
I’m not sure about the name badges, tbh. I used to have to wear one at work (not in a hospital, admittedly) and you always got some creeps who made a point of taking your name down and using it constantly. I suppose it’s always a plus in a healthcare setting but don’t they introduce themselves to new patients? (I also don’t know anything about the campaign behind it either, so maybe I should read up on it).

Reactions: 1
Dr kate granger started the campaign when she was undergoing treatment for cancer and found it really impersonal. Medical professionals would bustle in and out barely look at her and talk over her to each other. She hated the feeling of being dehumanised, and figured if she, a doctor with training and knowledge felt like that, then for non medics it would be utterly terrifying. So started a campaign which put the patient, as a person, at the centre. It’s not so much about name badges, it’s more a cue for medics to remember to treat their patients as individuals and humans and to talk to them rather than around them. You shouldn’t need a badge if you’re doing everything else - albeit a name badge helps patients to remember names.

Reactions: 8
Dr kate granger started the campaign when she was undergoing treatment for cancer and found it really impersonal. Medical professionals would bustle in and out barely look at her and talk over her to each other. She hated the feeling of being dehumanised, and figured if she, a doctor with training and knowledge felt like that, then for non medics it would be utterly terrifying. So started a campaign which put the patient, as a person, at the centre. It’s not so much about name badges, it’s more a cue for medics to remember to treat their patients as individuals and humans and to talk to them rather than around them. You shouldn’t need a badge if you’re doing everything else - albeit a name badge helps patients to remember names.
Oh, that’s interesting thank you. I can understand that, having had to spend some time in hospital myself but I think like you’ve just said, it should be about more than a just a badge. Sacrilege, I know but *some* hcp’s attitudes towards patients needs a complete overhaul. I’ve had experience of some absolutely brilliant nurses and doctors and others not so much (and the ones who weren’t very good happened to be in midwifery).

I’m also still reeling fromFOD’s stories about the house ‘reno’, only one shower for a family of 6 poor chaps. How will they survive?
They only have a family of 6, and 2 are aged 3 and appear to bath every night. So that’s 4 of them having to share a shower. How will they cope? Or have they ripped out the bath in the children’s bathroom?
Either way, I have a larger household and 1 shower. 1 shower every week, month, year FOD. How the commoners live hey?
And the irony of MOD slating Love Island, (which I hate) when she sells her pretty little children on social media is hilarious.

Reactions: 9
My trust doesn’t have the “hello my name is” badges but we do have a name badge. Our policy is two studs and a plain ring. But I have a plain wedding ring, a stud in my tragus and a nose ring. Which will please some of you 😂 to be fair it was usually a stud in my nose as technically it didn’t state where the studs should be but I forgot to change it one shift then never bothered afterwards. I’m a midwife, but it’s not that we have special rules as I see drs and nurses also push the boundaries too
Can I ask, with respect, why “push the boundaries” at all - you know what you can/can’t have on so why not just adhere to the rules?
I’m also still reeling fromFOD’s stories about the house ‘reno’, only one shower for a family of 6 poor chaps. How will they survive?
They only have a family of 6, and 2 are aged 3 and appear to bath every night. So that’s 4 of them having to share a shower. How will they cope? Or have they ripped out the bath in the children’s bathroom?
Either way, I have a larger household and 1 shower. 1 shower every week, month, year FOD. How the commoners live hey?
And the irony of MOD slating Love Island, (which I hate) when she sells her pretty little children on social media is hilarious.
The word “Reno” makes me want to 🤮

Reactions: 4
Can I ask, with respect, why “push the boundaries” at all - you know what you can/can’t have on so why not just adhere to the rules?
As long as it doesn’t affect patient safety I don’t see the harm in looking like me for my job. It has no effect on my professionalism, my skills or my care. So I wouldn’t wear a ring with a stone on as that would be an infection control issue. But my nose ring isn’t as my nose doesn’t have contact with those in my care. If management had an issue then I’d listen to them but I’ve never been pulled up over it. If a lady is offended by my appearance she is more then welcome to request a new midwife. But I’m good at caring and at my job so never had that happen.

Reactions: 6
The real issue here is that she’s used the NHS / her role as a midwife (look, isn’t she a GREAT person) to flog jewellery. Only a % goes to the charity. A sizeable % will be into her pocket.

Reactions: 9
There’s 6 in our house. We have one bathroom and we don’t have a shower. We manage just fine.

There’s 6 in our house. We have one bathroom and we don’t have a shower. We manage just fine.
They don’t even realise that they live in another world.

Particularly insulting given the previous owners renovated it from top to bottom, changing the decor as it’s not to your taste is not a ‘reno’. They are bigging it up in the hope of gaining freebies.
I was wary of mentioning it was redecorating not renovating because I noticed on FOD’s story that they’ve said the walls were falling down and needed rebuilding? They’ve probably damaged the house with unnecessary work so now it needs more.

Particularly insulting given the previous owners renovated it from top to bottom, changing the decor as it’s not to your taste is not a ‘reno’. They are bigging it up in the hope of gaining freebies.
This boils my blood - creating landfill as it’s ‘not their taste’. Such a wasteful pair.

I was wary of mentioning it was redecorating not renovating because I noticed on FOD’s story that they’ve said the walls were falling down and needed rebuilding? They’ve probably damaged the house with unnecessary work so now it needs more.
Walls falling down is probably his description of loose plaster!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.