MOD & FOD #24 You’re pointless and he is a father

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a Reception TA and on World Book Day and further up in Year 1 there must have been 45 Elsa’s and any preferred Disney Princess of choice, Harry Potter was also very popular.

When those curly haired poppets start school and he can really to go town on the costumes will he insist on them wearing his own creations or will he let them go down the popular shop bought Princess route if that’s what they would want?
I can only imagine that FODs creations spend most of the day sat I the corner of the classroom. I cant for one minute imagine they can get on with normal school activities wearing a large cardboard box.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah right FOD. Not all parents have the resources or the time to make a costume...
Like what about single parents who have to work full time.... I'd prefer to spend time with my kids instead of working a night shift on a costume they wear once...of course it makes them happy but my fondest childhood memories are about mundane stuff... Reading books together in bed, walking home from school with my mother and singing stupid songs not caring about the other people and so on
I know a lot of others have already said this, but I just can’t believe his privilege and complete lack of awareness at what he is saying here. Urgh, I wish I could say I was surprised but I’m really not. What a 🔔🔚

Reactions: 11
Just totally unaware. And also the whole not wanting shop bought things rings wholly untrue given the amount of shop bought freebies they are prone to...
Their carbon footprint is probably on par with Flybe's (RIP) the cheek of them lmao - ripping out entire chunks of houses, encouraging others to buy buy buy, flying to the opening of an envelope in human rights violation countries, etc etc etc!

SPONCON SIREEEEENNNN TATTLERS!! ⏰⏰⏰ (can't find a siren emoji here)

It's tit IWD content with AXA, "empowering not just women but men too" aka missing the point entirely. Wants you to listen to some naff song they've 'remastered' and each stream = a donation to charity. I'm sure that'll recoup the costs of working with C-rate influencers. A load of corporate responsibility tat.

(AXA are rip off merchants too)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Fods got an ad and is acting like he’s come back from being excluded and is determined to show the world what he’s made of. Not sure what the ad is for? Is he telling us to feel empowered or am I having a codeine induced hallucination? Is he thanking his teachers and his marginalised mum? My head is spinning with all the salady twattery. Thsnk god he’s here to speak up for books and wimmin though!

I’ve just watched it again and I’ve reached peak violence. What patronizing dross. ‘Lucky enough to be surrounded by strong women’ like it’s an exceptional situation. He KNOWS women can do anything, he just needs them to believe it too! Arghhhh then he’s stroking the dog like it’s a bleeping dating profile. He thinks he’s giving us wet knickers, he really does...this is the foddiest thing I’ve ever seen and I’ve already got a broken leg and now I’m going to have a salad attack...help meeeedd!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Fods got an ad and is acting like he’s come back from being excluded and is determined to show the world what he’s made of. Not sure what the ad is for? Is he telling us to feel empowered or am I having a codeine induced hallucination? Is he thanking his teachers and his marginalised mum? My head is spinning with all the salady twattery. Thsnk god he’s here to speak up for books and wimmin though!
Are you still in hosp? How you getting on? I don't miss the codeine constipation and being asked if I'd opened my bowels every few hours (spoiler: they'll never open until you've been upped on that awful lactalose liquid) so my hugest sympathies!

The whole campaign is so poorly thought out & convoluted & pointless, they want you to go off platform to stream something in order for them to donate 10p to charity? But most importantly pls feel empowered and brave?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Are you still in hosp? How you getting on? I don't miss the codeine constipation and being asked if I'd opened my bowels every few hours (spoiler: they'll never open until you've been upped on that awful lactalose liquid) so my hugest sympathies!
Thanks for asking! I’m home and in bed feeling very sorry for myself. The pain is very bad and I’m helpless. Just wondering when it’s going to get better. I’m 3 days post surgery.

Reactions: 3

The whole campaign is so poorly thought out & convoluted & pointless, they want you to go off platform to stream something in order for them to donate 10p to charity? But most importantly pls feel empowered and brave?
I was so confused. Total fail of an ad.

Reactions: 3
But at least I’m not married to fod. That’s going to get me through.

Yes it’s totally confusing. I think he knows it is as he’s rushing through that script nervously like a kid in a nativity play. Excuse the salad simile.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
LoLz over the amount of comments asking where Clammie is on his latest meaningless drivel. They all must follow him so closely 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I love the replies. Only one person has managed to engage with whatever the concept of the ad is. It’s all clemmie stalkers from Kansas and yours truly.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love the replies. Only one person has managed to engage with whatever the concept of the ad is. It’s all clemmie stalkers from Kansas and yours truly.
Haha yeah even multitool hasn't responded yet. Which one is yours, or am I being thick? 🤣

I bet he has to stop himself from calling it 'International Vagina Day' cos he's all about the references to genitals normally, like the massive 🔔🔚 that he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Notice he doesn’t mention Clemmie in his AXA ad? Also, AXA is a direct competitor of his employer. I wonder how they feel about this...

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Thanks for asking! I’m home and in bed feeling very sorry for myself. The pain is very bad and I’m helpless. Just wondering when it’s going to get better. I’m 3 days post surgery.
Mate I promise it gets better, the first few days are a haze of a lot of things - you've got emotions, adrenaline, insane medicines, anaesthetic (it does take days to work through you apparently? not sure if that's true), shock, relief, the works running through you and you can't make heads or tails of anything. Especially if it was an unexpected thing!

I'm glad you're home and tbh that's the most positive sign as it means that you're not suffering any complications & you're on the up (however slow that may feel at the mo!). Although I will say please don't do what I did and panic that you hadn't "opened your bowels" yet, that you'd have to go back to hospital, and then take 6 lactalose tablets over 3 hours because you don't think they're working. They do work just give them time :| The things my husband saw in that first week I don't think he can ever unsee.

I really struggled with being so weak when I went back home so empathise a lot, I had a huge surgical incision (now scar) down my abdomen from my pubic bone through & above belly button to heal so could barely move for weeks too - the same but different to your leg - which does you in mentally too. Then there's the guilt that you can't do anything and the worry on whether or not you'll regain those abilities, also the worry you'll pop open (maybe that's just me?). There's just a lot to deal with and medical trauma is definitely a thing, but I promise this is only temporary and you'll start seeing some really quick and immediate improvements in your capabilities over the next few weeks, tons of lovely little yay I did it moments to come which will make your day every time it happens!!

Sending lots of love and positivity, if you ever want someone to talk to please DM me, I only went through this summer 2019 (not a leg, thought I was allergic to brown bread & painfully constipated, turns out I had ovarian tumours looool what a mistake!) and appreciate what a life changing experience something like this can be! Also I know it's hard to concentrate on anything but I found radio really comforting as just lapsing in/out of sleep listening to familiar voices is really comforting. I really recommend the receipts podcast & the we couldn't help but wonder pod (about SATC), just fun chatty podcasts that aren't about anything scary nor do they have a plot that takes much to follow so you can be half present and enjoy! x

• Heart
Quite telling that he didn't specifically mention his "amazing wife" in any of those callouts of women who have influenced him. She doesn't even rate as highly as some random lecturers!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Mate I promise it gets better, the first few days are a haze of a lot of things - you've got emotions, adrenaline, insane medicines, anaesthetic (it does take days to work through you apparently? not sure if that's true), shock, relief, the works running through you and you can't make heads or tails of anything. Especially if it was an unexpected thing!

I'm glad you're home and tbh that's the most positive sign as it means that you're not suffering any complications & you're on the up (however slow that may feel at the mo!). Although I will say please don't do what I did and panic that you hadn't "opened your bowels" yet, that you'd have to go back to hospital, and then take 6 lactalose tablets over 3 hours because you don't think they're working. They do work just give them time :| The things my husband saw in that first week I don't think he can ever unsee.

I really struggled with being so weak when I went back home so empathise a lot, I had a huge surgical incision (now scar) down my abdomen from my pubic bone through & above belly button to heal so could barely move for weeks too - the same but different to your leg - which does you in mentally too. Then there's the guilt that you can't do anything and the worry on whether or not you'll regain those abilities, also the worry you'll pop open (maybe that's just me?). There's just a lot to deal with and medical trauma is definitely a thing, but I promise this is only temporary and you'll start seeing some really quick and immediate improvements in your capabilities over the next few weeks, tons of lovely little yay I did it moments to come which will make your day every time it happens!!

Sending lots of love and positivity, if you ever want someone to talk to please DM me, I only went through this summer 2019 (not a leg, thought I was allergic to brown bread & painfully constipated, turns out I had ovarian tumours looool what a mistake!) and appreciate what a life changing experience something like this can be! Also I know it's hard to concentrate on anything but I found radio really comforting as just lapsing in/out of sleep listening to familiar voices is really comforting. I really recommend the receipts podcast & the we couldn't help but wonder pod (about SATC), just fun chatty podcasts that aren't about anything scary nor do they have a plot that takes much to follow so you can be half present and enjoy! x
What a lovely lovely message! I’m actually going to screenshot it and read it back to myself.. yes the guilt..my partners having you cancel a trip to Germany to watch spurs and is trying not to show his resentment... thank you for taking the time to write that. X

• Haha
  • Heart
Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 20.53.28.png

loooool Shez show yourself please!

Also why do men (and some women tbh) struggle to say anything positive about a woman's work & her impact that doesn't involve what that woman has done *for them*? Women exist for more than just to benefit u hun x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.