MOD & FOD #24 You’re pointless and he is a father

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cue educational post/story from FOD...we give him content for free 😂😂😂
oh no doubt he’ll revamp tech tuesdays with a focus on kids stuff. Or multi dad may give it a go and we’ll have to see that god awful name of “multibruv” again shudders

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It’s really odd how he does this, and it’s a regular thing across all diff tasks. I don’t know if it’s arrogance or a sign of marital distance, did he do this before her fall from grace too?

Don’t know if I’m too newlywed to comment but it’s always a we. I’d only say I did something if I was angry he hadn’t done it as agreed, we’ve been doing the house up and I’m very much the lead (which is natural you’re always gonna get one person driving anything - he’s our CTO and driver and I’m CFO/COO tbh) but it’d feel SO muggy telling people how I arranged this and that and this and husband did nothing?!
Yes he did.... everything about them was I, singular - both of them 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 2
😬😬😬😬 also reconciles with that awful Clemmie personal essay about her first pregnancy where she felt so alone as he was “jetting off” in his early career in recruitment leaving her with the kids alone etc etc.

Eeeeep. At least they’ve got grey towers I suppose 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Remember the Lion , Witch and Wardrobe costume? , which was very good, incidentally.

“I’d do anything for my girls” was the line I recall from his ‘am I not a terrific Dad’ smug gob.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
😬😬😬😬 also reconciles with that awful Clemmie personal essay about her first pregnancy where she felt so alone as he was “jetting off” in his early career in recruitment leaving her with the kids alone etc etc.

Eeeeep. At least they’ve got grey towers I suppose 😔
Grey towers 🤣

Reactions: 1
Yeah, he hasnt
Remember the Lion , Witch and Wardrobe costume? , which was very good, incidentally.

“I’d do anything for my girls” was the line I recall from his ‘am I not a terrific Dad’ smug gob.
Yeah, he hasn’t said they are his best friends for a while now. That was bizarre and inappropriate to begin with.

they never talk about anything educational or interesting for the kids do they, it’s always just about STUFF.
Yes, this!!! If you’re going to IG the ins & outs of yours and your children’s beings, why not throw Dover Castle, The Shell Grotto, Canterbury Roman Museum, etc etc etc into the mix? There’s so much to do in Kent (can you tell I love it here?) and yet they don’t seem to care about promoting it, it’s just novelty tat that won’t be trendy in a year (and by that I mean the awful tiles and wallpaper). I genuinely hope they take the girls to these places but who honestly knows.

Also, the author of the book Marni is dressed up as came into FOD’s thread and said she’d send a bunch of signed books. If FOD were smart, he’d a run a little comp to win one; ‘my girls love reading, do yours? Here, win a signed copy of xxxxxxx.’ Easy.

Reactions: 18
Yes, this!!! If you’re going to IG the ins & outs of yours and your children’s beings, why not throw Dover Castle, The Shell Grotto, Canterbury Roman Museum, etc etc etc into the mix? There’s so much to do in Kent (can you tell I love it here?) and yet they don’t seem to care about promoting it, it’s just novelty tat that won’t be trendy in a year (and by that I mean the awful tiles and wallpaper). I genuinely hope they take the girls to these places but who honestly knows.

Also, the author of the book Marni is dressed up as came into FOD’s thread and said she’d send a bunch of signed books. If FOD were smart, he’d a run a little comp to win one; ‘my girls love reading, do yours? Here, win a signed copy of xxxxxxx.’ Easy.
Oh bless you - funnily was speaking to my husband about our camper van this morning and how we should use it more for weekend breaks so I’m gonna take a look at some of these, thank you!! We’re not too far from you either - probably a 1/2 hour drive?

I always find it a bit grotesque how rich kids benefit twice over from stuff like this too. I read something about how privately educated kids benefit from not only an adequately funded library with librarians, but also author visits to schools as they have budget to pay them (not criticising authors here they’re self employed and need £ for work they do!). I think it may have been a twitter thread where an author said she’ll only do them if they invite kids from state schools to benefit from the talk too and was encouraging other authors to do the same at the schools do comply and all children deserve access to these things!! It would be nice if he offered to pay for a matching set to go to a local school library too so more girls could enjoy the book, but Clem’s probably got the eBay listing primed already 😂

Reactions: 10
Yeah right FOD. Not all parents have the resources or the time to make a costume...
Like what about single parents who have to work full time.... I'd prefer to spend time with my kids instead of working a night shift on a costume they wear once...of course it makes them happy but my fondest childhood memories are about mundane stuff... Reading books together in bed, walking home from school with my mother and singing stupid songs not caring about the other people and so on

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 7

Mate, he's a father. sit down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh bless you - funnily was speaking to my husband about our camper van this morning and how we should use it more for weekend breaks so I’m gonna take a look at some of these, thank you!! We’re not too far from you either - probably a 1/2 hour drive?
You should! Dover Castle is pricey but worth it if you can do everything there (war tunnels plus castle), Shell Grotto is cheap as chips, Canterbury is my second home due to my kids’ sports. DM me if you like, we’ve spent several years doing as much as possible around Kent :)

But if FOD was smart, would there even be a thread?!
Dare I suggest that could be in the running for the next thread title?

Mate, he's a father. sit down.
And I’m pointless 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yeah right FOD. Not all parents have the resources or the time to make a costume...
Like what about single parents who have to work full time.... I'd prefer to spend time with my kids instead of working a night shift on a costume they wear once...of course it makes them happy but my fondest childhood memories are about mundane stuff... Reading books together in bed, walking home from school with my mother and singing stupid songs not caring about the other people and so on
I don't understand how someone can be so divorced from the reality of what life is like for a LOT of children & families in this country... There are millions of kids are living in poverty in the UK??? I know he needs to be ~glossy for his beloved brands (who don't call back these days lol), and he doesn't care about anything other than grabbing the next freebie, but he can still acknowledge that it's a huge privilege to be able to do something like that for your child & create a lovely memory like that for them! It's not just a little bit of effort, it's a little bit of effort for you with the set of circumstances you've been given. It's not a little bit of effort for everyone.

The cleaners at my work are in 5am - 6pm, let's say you'd be home for 7pm - 4am with those hours, when does he expect someone with those hours to do this, what time do you allocate to the costume versus dinner/cleaning/prep/leisure time (lol)/SLEEPING? And for how much - craft tit is so expensive! And then you need the space to let something like that dry & how many kids are living in overcrowded housing - he looked to be in their utility room? And on top of that just having time to think is a privilege, having time to sit at your desk (and be paid for it!) and do research online & find a tutorial on how to make that, order the bits off Amazon & get it delivered into the office, etc etc all make it so much easier if you're already in a cushy situation!

This really riles me up sorry because how dare he imply that a child might be sent in in a HP costume, or nothing at all, because their parent simply didn't put the time in? I can't tell if he's thick as pig tit or just a really nasty bleep to be honest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I love the fact the FOD ennui spreads even to Germany (or maybe Austria/Switzerland)?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m a Reception TA and on World Book Day and further up in Year 1 there must have been 45 Elsa’s and any preferred Disney Princess of choice, Harry Potter was also very popular.

When those curly haired poppets start school and he can really to go town on the costumes will he insist on them wearing his own creations or will he let them go down the popular shop bought Princess route if that’s what they would want?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh... he’s off playing hockey by himself again...thought he said he played hockey on a Sunday 🧐🤔🤔

• Haha
I don't understand how someone can be so divorced from the reality of what life is like for a LOT of children & families in this country... There are millions of kids are living in poverty in the UK??? I know he needs to be ~glossy for his beloved brands (who don't call back these days lol), and he doesn't care about anything other than grabbing the next freebie, but he can still acknowledge that it's a huge privilege to be able to do something like that for your child & create a lovely memory like that for them! It's not just a little bit of effort, it's a little bit of effort for you with the set of circumstances you've been given. It's not a little bit of effort for everyone.

The cleaners at my work are in 5am - 6pm, let's say you'd be home for 7pm - 4am with those hours, when does he expect someone with those hours to do this, what time do you allocate to the costume versus dinner/cleaning/prep/leisure time (lol)/SLEEPING? And for how much - craft tit is so expensive! And then you need the space to let something like that dry & how many kids are living in overcrowded housing - he looked to be in their utility room? And on top of that just having time to think is a privilege, having time to sit at your desk (and be paid for it!) and do research online & find a tutorial on how to make that, order the bits off Amazon & get it delivered into the office, etc etc all make it so much easier if you're already in a cushy situation!

This really riles me up sorry because how dare he imply that a child might be sent in in a HP costume, or nothing at all, because their parent simply didn't put the time in? I can't tell if he's thick as pig tit or just a really nasty bleep to be honest.
Just totally unaware. And also the whole not wanting shop bought things rings wholly untrue given the amount of shop bought freebies they are prone to...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ugh he just spews privilege with every word doesn’t he

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.