MOD & FOD #21 If you’re having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 999k followers and my wife ain’t one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is though despite her closing her account a lot of her old instagram photos can still be found all over google and even on pintrest.

She gave an interview to the Pink House woman. The link on her website doesn't work- but the pin is still there.

How I won the interior war: Clemmie Hooper AKA @mother_of_daughters

"Clemmie, husband Simon and their four children have just moved out of London to a sprawling Victorian house by the sea in Kent. Here she tells me of her plans to renovate it with plenty of colour "

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Lmao the legacy of those burton jeans, I must confess when I first met my husband he had a drawer full of them that his mum had bought him over Christmases of yesteryear (bless her, it is his fault he needed the help he has never been that way inclined) so trust me I’m an experienced eye x I even found a crusty old distressed effect burton top (of early 00s) the other day and wondered how that had evaded detection & capture for 5 years 😳

This pivot to interiors is 100000% to grow their ever declining audience and maybe even wholly re position his #brand? Clearly the cringe content isn’t working anymore, kids are growing older and might start demanding workers rights or worse - reparations. I don’t know what the Erica Davies et al husbands are wearing but we need a personal stylist session with the new John Lewis lounges stat #ad #declaredadthistime #thanksjohn
🤣🤣🤣
I can’t thank you enough for the Burton jeans reference because I had a flash back of my 19 year old self going in to Burtons, to buy my, then boyfriend, some jeans for Christmas. I felt so grown up and confident making those style choices for my bf. I thought duck it let’s get him a lovely burtons top too! I gave them him Christmas Eve - I have never seen a face so full of anger and disappointment...he said “did you really get me jeans from Burtons?”
Quickly dumped that fkr and never went into Burtons again! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I think he felt a bit silly coming on and reading everything, someone asked him if there was more business off the back of it and I don't think he answered
Eeeesh the sad thing is to offer to do it on the cheap he likely already struggling / trying to grow his customer base. Good tradesmen simply don’t need to do that bullshit because they’re booked n busy init. For the SODs to not do the right thing is reprehensible?

This is on a MICRO scale and I’ve mentioned before my husb is well known in his hobby ergo the social media micro bubble for that hobby, I’ve been offered discounts by small businesses (when buying him presents!) and turned them down as it doesn’t sit right with me, and I’m no mother Theresa. Today we went to an independent shop with him where he went through his eBay wish list but bought it locally to support these shops that are rapidly declining as they’re entry points for kids to get into it, even tho he could have got at least half of it at trade price (like 30-40% of RRP) direct from the brands. We are mere mortals both in full time employment but actual have some form of moral compass, gimme is such a good name because I’m sorry but there’s levels to the taking isn’t there.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Some heroes 🦸‍♀️ don’t wear capes...they are tattlers 💪
Good work cupcake...I will also be checking ASA website where they list the resolutions and the rulings - I’ve got your back 😜

I was very tempted to post the link for the ASA “influencers guide” on Slys site today. Has anyone read that? Jesus they have defo written it for their target audience - I think last time I read something that low brow I was 6 🤦‍♀️
Bless you. We will change the influencers world one complaint at a time.. 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The thing is though despite her closing her account a lot of her old instagram photos can still be found all over google and even on pintrest.

She gave an interview to the Pink House woman. The link on her website doesn't work- but the pin is still there.

"Clemmie, husband Simon and their four children have just moved out of London to a sprawling Victorian house by the sea in Kent. Here she tells me of her plans to renovate it with plenty of colour "
Christ, that must've been a clash of egos. That Pink house woman is so bloody pleased with herself. If she was an ice cream she would definitely be giving herself a lick (probably while hanging upside down on a trapeze in a pink leotard).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This pivot to interiors is 100000% to grow their ever declining audience and maybe even wholly re position his #brand? Clearly the cringe content isn’t working anymore, kids are growing older and might start demanding workers rights or worse - reparations. I don’t know what the Erica Davies et al husbands are wearing but we need a personal stylist session with the new John Lewis lounges stat #ad #declaredadthistime #thanksjohn
I guess that is one reason to be thankful in all of this. It takes the focus of the children somehow, at least they get a break. I do get frustrated at the discounts and gifted stuff of course I do. But I’d much rather that than the focus being on the children. As long as they make it clear when it is an advertisement. If not...well.... here I come 🦸‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
🤣🤣🤣
I can’t thank you enough for the Burton jeans reference because I had a flash back of my 19 year old self going in to Burtons, to buy my, then boyfriend, some jeans for Christmas. I felt so grown up and confident making those style choices for my bf. I thought duck it let’s get him a lovely burtons top too! I gave them him Christmas Eve - I have never seen a face so full of anger and disappointment...he said “did you really get me jeans from Burtons?”
Quickly dumped that fkr and never went into Burtons again! 😂😂😂
Lmaooooo I love this, tbh a whole outfit is a v sweet gift I’d be v appreciative! Is Burton even still around?! Was it an Arcardia group store? That was the era where you had Blue Inc and those horrific lads tops, and the topman neon pipe trimmed tops with the 3 mini buttons. And that weird fabric embellishment that was distressed around the edges?

Simon ticks several of these boxes, I bet he had the skin tight white short sleeved river island shirt (silver writing or distressing on the right shoulder optional) with hair gelled to erection ready to go on the student night sleaze 🤢 To think there’s likely a woman who hurried him out of her student accommodation upon the realisation of what she’d done, only for 10/20 years to pass and she discovers HIM on the insta explore page 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Simon ticks several of these boxes, I bet he had the skin tight white short sleeved river island shirt (silver writing or distressing on the right shoulder optional)
duck ME!! This takes me riiight back!!!

also Clemmie had a picture of their wedding day on her instagram and he still looked like that then hahaha!

• Haha
I’ve been sucked into TikTok this week (for work) and I think this is definitely where FOD is going to make his next move. It’s already becoming full of 30+ people which means it’s over for the kids and they will be trying to monetise it more so can see him thinking it’s the perfect place for his terrible dancing. There’s someone called Adam Bam who strikes me as FOD like but no kids featured. Ps if you haven’t downloaded TikTok - don’t! It’s weirdly compelling and a time suck!

Financially it just seems like a dumb move to spend that much money on a newly renovated house just to drop even more on redoing stuff, however much stuff was discounted, gifted etc.
Strategically it made sense as it provided Clemmie with content as she moved away from using the children and as the twins aged out of the adorable toddler stage.

By making it all very on-trend and enviable, Clemmie’s account was being shared and pinned across all social media platforms which increased her reach and gave her lots of exposure as a ‘designer’. 🤢

The house was also redecorated as a glossy Instagram backdrop/set to sell other products - Gousto in the kitchen, linen in the bedroom, prints on the walls, clothing in the dressing room and so on.

Financially, a lot of the advertising wasn’t just free goods and services or #pressdiscount, Clemmie would additionally receive a payment for her content and exposure - which comes back to needing a very of the minute look that has wide reach. I have no doubt that in the future she’d have found fault with much of the ‘renos’ to justify regularly changing things to keep them on-trend.

That house was purchased strategically with influencing in mind, just as much as it was purchased with the needs of four children in mind.

Reactions: 17

‘Renovating with plenty of colour’. So redecorating, then. Mind you, at least she got the period the house was built in correct. Unlike Silly old Simon #draughtypileofgeorgianbricks

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why have they got that ratty arsed plant in the shower 🤷‍♀️
so......late on this one as have been catching up on the threads but their house renovation looks absolutely tit. it’s been decorated in such a ‘fast fashion’ way but without the price tag to match so they have essentially spent/been gifted thousands of pounds worth of decor that will look tit when it ages! it’s so cheap/tacky looking considering the price tags of some of the stuff!
Also, the second someone buys it they will tip it all out, such a waste! The old owners who lovingly renovated it must feel like sobbing when they look at the monstrosity it’s been turned into now!

Reactions: 11
Strategically it made sense as it provided Clemmie with content as she moved away from using the children and as the twins aged out of the adorable toddler stage.

By making it all very on-trend and enviable, Clemmie’s account was being shared and pinned across all social media platforms which increased her reach and gave her lots of exposure as a ‘designer’. 🤢

The house was also redecorated as a glossy Instagram backdrop/set to sell other products - Gousto in the kitchen, linen in the bedroom, prints on the walls, clothing in the dressing room and so on.

Financially, a lot of the advertising wasn’t just free goods and services or #pressdiscount, Clemmie would additionally receive a payment for her content and exposure - which comes back to needing a very of the minute look that has wide reach. I have no doubt that in the future she’d have found fault with much of the ‘renos’ to justify regularly changing things to keep them on-trend.

That house was purchased strategically with influencing in mind, just as much as it was purchased with the needs of four children in mind.
💯 agree! I follow mostly Reno stuff on Instagram and I see the utter frustration with the Reno huns when they have to post the same photo of their rooms time and time again. Thing is once the audience have seen you transform an old knacker into a “grey house of dreams”, then you get all “creative & bold” and transform that nasty grey into your “pink house of dreams” with your pink bath, pink door and pink sofa (#gifted) that’s it, nothing more to see here. So what has become apparent is the Renohuns have to move house for more Instagram content to keep them relevant and keep the $$$ rolling in. This is where the Hoopers thought they were heading 😬

Reactions: 8
I’ve been sucked into TikTok this week (for work) and I think this is definitely where FOD is going to make his next move. It’s already becoming full of 30+ people which means it’s over for the kids and they will be trying to monetise it more so can see him thinking it’s the perfect place for his terrible dancing. There’s someone called Adam Bam who strikes me as FOD like but no kids featured. Ps if you haven’t downloaded TikTok - don’t! It’s weirdly compelling and a time suck!
I'm not going to but what is it all about?

💯 agree! I follow mostly Reno stuff on Instagram and I see the utter frustration with the Reno huns when they have to post the same photo of their rooms time and time again. Thing is once the audience have seen you transform an old knacker into a “grey house of dreams”, then you get all “creative & bold” and transform that nasty grey into your “pink house of dreams” with your pink bath, pink door and pink sofa (#gifted) that’s it, nothing more to see here. So what has become apparent is the Renohuns have to move house for more Instagram content to keep them relevant and keep the $$$ rolling in. This is where the Hoopers thought they were heading 😬
They all do it!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Proper boils my piss that we're over here, getting annoyed at myself if I forget our reusable water bottles and have to buy plastic ones and trying to do everything we can in this global environmental CRISIS and there's folk like the ODs chucking out bathrooms and kitchens like they're banana skins 🤬 but at least they gave their 500 spare quilts to the cat and dog shelter when the tip wouldn't take them, polish your halo Simon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
They all do it!
They certainly do...almost word for word...asking for inspo or just putting it out there in case one of those lovely kitchen companies wants to help 🤔

Mate your battery is on 2%, you need to panic!! 😳😱😱
Your hero duties know no bounds Cupcake 😜😂😂😂 Saving tattlers one percent at a time 😂😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.