MOD & FOD #21 If you’re having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 999k followers and my wife ain’t one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MOD slagged her off on here, without provocation btw, called her a cringy social climber.
What really highlights MOD’s character is I can also remember Inpo life driving all the way to Ramsgate to do a run with MOD and the pair of them gramming the crap out of it some months prior.
I can’t fathom, since Alicegate, how Gimmie has managed to hang on to any friends at all (e.g the Paris trip). Ugh. She’s repugnant.
Oh dear, these instahuns were all so desperate to join the “Clemmie Clan” it makes me vomit 🤢 Like she was the Brown Owl of the flipping Brownies!
All the rubbish hashtags women supporting women, strong women etc...and then slagging each other off! ☹ takes me back to my very wise mum, who always used the expression “There’s no honour among thieves” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Do you think MOD would have gained so many followers if her interiors had not been so Pinterest perfect and so high-end aspirational? When did she gain the bulk of her followers? Was if before or after the Ramsgate move? Before I think ...
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this HouseRed?
Personally for me it was way before the home content, some parenting, some fashion etc. The main issue for me was when it became less about being a working mum, interested in fashion, homes and beauty etc ( all relatable content) and more about - insta perfect homes and hidden ad's (obviously aside from Alicegate)
The main issues for me with things like the "reno" etc are lack of transparency and putting others down to build themselves up #dirtyoldbricksgate. Both completely unnecessary.

I think it's fab you are so supportive of them and it is great to hear opinions in support as well as frustrations being aried.

Reactions: 5
Is Simon posting stories cos I cannot see them anymore!!
[/QUOTE]

Yes he did a couple of repeats and then the Burton one.

Reactions: 2
Yes he did a couple of repeats and then the Burton one.
Hopefully I’m blocked haha
[/QUOTE]

Did you have your cape on last time you went into his page? Do you think he has recognised you cupcake?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Normally on these #reno accounts they do a “before” and “after” shot. Funny that the SODs “Reno” projects never show the “before” photos isn’t it (of what the house was like when they moved in). They want to mislead us that it was a pile of rubble bomb site when infact its just been on the front cover of Real Homes 😂
SO true!!! Someone needs to ask for the before and after shot off Sly!

• Haha
OK, so I actually love Farrow & Ball, and it has bettered my life 😂 I’ve seen several commenters on here claiming it’s ‘crap paint’ and that ‘decorators hate it’, but it’s made my life with messy toddlers that much easier because you can wash anything off F&B modern emulsion super easily. I always used Dulux before and the pigment just rubs off at the first hurdle. So that’s a positive for me. Our decorator only commented that it makes his job longer as it’s notoriously thin, but apparently F&B have tried to rectify that. What else ... erm, I got some ceiling lights the Frugality has - I love them, they add so much more light to my dark hallway. I have one of those shaggy black and white Berber style rugs - not THE rug, but similar - I really like it, as I think it hides a multitude of sins. I have a velvet chair in ‘clever velvet’ and it really does repel anything that’s touched it - even red wine! So those are my confessions of when being influenced has worked out positively.

On a separate note, I see fod is on to 996k. Anyone genuinely a little perplexed at why he’s losing followers THIS fast?
Re farrow and ball.....my hubbie is a painter and decorator and always says that you should get farrow and ball colours mixed in velspar paint as so much cheaper. It’s not that it’s crap paint - just hideously overpriced. (Ps this is not a #ad for velspar)

This is what is so wrong - you shouldn't have that level of knowledge about their house as a stranger. I wouldn't be able to make such a detailed description of some of my friends houses. This is possible though because they've completely sold out on their privacy and that of their children.
Quite!!! And a few minutes of googling shows their postcode and street view of their family home. It’s nuts. And that’s putting it mildly

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Unpopular opinion but I preferred Alice to MOD, tbf. She fit right in here (apart from her defence of herself, of course ‘her passion for midwifery shone through’ LMAO. How the duck did she think she’d get away with that?). You could tell MOD always had an underlying contempt for all the other Instamums. It’s just a shame that she couldn’t be herself on her Insta and tried to play the game when she didn’t really need to. I despise all these instacliques. You can tell a mile off that they’re all trying to scramble to be Queen Bee and for all the ‘I’m so sad and feel betrayed’ posts, they’d all stab each other in the back without a minutes thought. Just look how much of a deal they all made out of MODs downfall (Hungermama, I’m looking at you).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm away on holiday and have managed not to be drawn to the gram for any updates on Lord 🥗 YET....

• Haha
I’ve just looked at her insta too, I hadn’t heard of her. Interested to know too?
Think she was clawing her way into the influencer game by going running with other influencers.

I think Alice slagged her off on here, she was probably delighted to be given the recognition

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I loved them in their old house then I started to feel a bit blurgh then they got gifted that really expensive holiday to Portugal i think it was about £10,000 as week or something ridiculous like that and I went off them then because the penny dropped they really were not just an average family at all
I think they must have realised what they could get from the Insta game around that time but they became so greedy and desperate for the top spot. Does anyone remember the blatant beg for a new washing machine and tumble dryer and then hey presto, a few days later the Miele #ad was up? Then it was all Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie an #ad after midnight!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think they must have realised what they could get from the Insta game around that time but they became so greedy and desperate for the top spot. Does anyone remember the blatant beg for a new washing machine and tumble dryer and then hey presto, a few days later the Miele #ad was up? Then it was all Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie an #ad after midnight!
Yep I remember this! Loads of influencers do it... can anyone recommend bla bla bla??! So blatant. All the replies they must get from their sheep who actually believe they care about their opinion when all they want are the free white goods! Mega cringe.

Reactions: 15
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this HouseRed?
Personally for me it was way before the home content, some parenting, some fashion etc. The main issue for me was when it became less about being a working mum, interested in fashion, homes and beauty etc ( all relatable content) and more about - insta perfect homes and hidden ad's (obviously aside from Alicegate)
The main issues for me with things like the "reno" etc are lack of transparency and putting others down to build themselves up #dirtyoldbricksgate. Both completely unnecessary.

I think it's fab you are so supportive of them and it is great to hear opinions in support as well as frustrations being aried.
Ha, ha. I’m not supportive of them. I wouldn’t be here otherwise. I just don’t think every issue is dead clear cut and 100% negative. Some things I’m on the fence about for sure. But am I supportive of them? No. I wish for them to disappear off Instagram and I think the display of their children’s lives and their advertising standards are shameful.

I posted the above because I genuinely couldn’t remember when MOD really zoomed from like 200k followers to in excess of 650k. I followed her when she still lived in south London, my friend group all knew of her and followed her but I can’t remember her follower count from back then. I can’t even remember when she started doing the big ads for M&S and the like. I started following her when I was halfway through my pregnancy with twins and the next 18 months were a bit of a blur to be honest.

So I asked what people thought about the Pinterest perfect thing because great swathes of people are completely enamoured with that look and aspire to it. I really couldn’t remember when the turning point was for MOD’s follower count blasting into the stratosphere.

I know I’ve said some things on here that go against the grain. I don’t know, I’m just trying to be honest about different angles of each issue as they arise. Anyway, that was a very long winded response to basically say, no, I don’t support the vast majority of the things they have done or are doing. 😂

Reactions: 10
I loved them in their old house then I started to feel a bit blurgh then they got gifted that really expensive holiday to Portugal i think it was about £10,000 as week or something ridiculous like that and I went off them then because the penny dropped they really were not just an average family at all

I looked at staying at a Martinhal resort after reading a Travel Mad Mum blog about it - have you seen the prices?!?! Absolutely unreal!! I’ll stick to my Novotels thanks 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.