MOD & FOD #20 Chanandler Bong, your content’s all wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the old owner is well within their right to post about their hard work. It was obviously a labour of love and they put their heart souls and money into it. Someone on the post has said shame the new owner has filled it with bland freebies and the old owner has liked the comment. Ha.
Pre OD's it was beautiful and actually felt like a home.

Same like their old place in London.

Reactions: 2
I’m just raising a complaint on the ASA. Does anybody have the screenshot where the tile company said it was ‘only revealed today’? I can’t seem to find it in my screenshots only the cut-and-paste of something else.
Much appreciated if you could post it here so I can use it as part of my complaint.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
It just shows money doesn't buy you class. That sink situation with the toilet shoved against the wall looks hideous. It will date in about 2 years and will become the equivalent of the avocado bath suite!! To make out that there taken on some huge renovation project is hilarious, they moved into a house that had been already renovated, they then took about 5 holidays abroad while they had builders and decorators in doing it all for them. To even say "what we've achieved " is a joke. I dont recall seeing clemmie or him pictured with a paint brush or wallpaper scraper in hand they did naff all just stood with their hands out begging for freebies....
The shame of him having to do some half hearted ad campaign about decorating their house that was obviously meant for his wife's account, its all so embarrassing and tacky why don't they just have some pride back away from Instagram and just live their lives concentrating on their daughters and even each other. Instead of him desperately seeking validation from a load of saddos who he doesn't know and probably will never meet....
I wonder if they were contractually obliged to fulfil their end of the deal...otherwise maybe they actually have to PAY for that soulless bathroom

Reactions: 2
Definite shade from the previous owner and rightly so. How insulting.
The tiling company have posted Lisa Dawson’s ‘reno’ project now.
At least she is transparent though.

I think the old owner is well within their right to post about their hard work. It was obviously a labour of love and they put their heart souls and money into it. Someone on the post has said shame the new owner has filled it with bland freebies and the old owner has liked the comment. Ha.
I’m glad they’ve posted, all the work they did is being totally publicly dismissed by the OD’s.

Reactions: 8
V4 have also gifted/ discounted the bedroom floor and steps flooring - really fucks me off as I have spent thousands on a V4 flooring yet someone who trolls, and flogs thier kids .. gets all this for nothing!!! Is the V4 floor declared an ad? I can't see it!!
They definitely got that V4 flooring in their living room and maybe more rooms too. The house is on the flooring company’s website like the bathroom is, so was probably heavily discounted

• Wow
Quite apart from all the despicable shadiness about not revealing #ads etc, does anyone else think it’s massively distasteful and hideously wasteful environmentally to keep doing RENO on perfectly good rooms (just say renovate you utter cunts. Please. Or decorate in FoD’s case)?
He bleats on about carbon neutral bollocks and then just destroys rooms on a whim because they’re not insta-perfect. I’m no Greta. It I find it utterly classless to just waste resources in such a cavalier fashion.
Talking of cavalier, and as someone pointed out earlier, he is actually becoming like a BUDGET Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen, if that’s possible?
And LLB who must be legit 20 years older than Sly, actually looks miles better, and younger!
Wet 🥗

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The original owners’ post with their house after all of THEIR hard work is a rightly justified thumb in the nose to FOD’s ‘pile of bricks’ excuse for their utter greed and wankery in ripping that lovely house apart for freebies. And his halfhearted posting of all the finished product which obviously had to be carried out by him after MOD royally fucked their brand. Yuck yuck yuck

• Haha
Reactions: 19
A PILE OF BRICKS.

And people have the temerity to question why Tattle exists. It’s for a modicum of accountability for these lying, wasteful, materialistic individuals.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
This makes me so cross actually. The house looked stunning before. If they were honest and say they wanted to make some changes to suit their own taste (although I think that in itself wouldn’t be entirely honest) that would be one thing, but to represent it as a total renovation is downright dishonesty and rude to the talented and creative previous owners.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The ASA are fab and they will get back to you really quickly! I’ve called these twats out before and action was always taken 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Those scalloped shaped tiles are £135 a square metre.

Edited to add, nope, sorry, my mistake, the porcelain version are £135 a square metre. The marble ones the OD's have are actually...... wait for it.....

£308.48 a square metre :eek:

duck ME!!!!! 😱 That’s obscene!

The ASA are fab and they will get back to you really quickly! I’ve called these twats out before and action was always taken 👍
Off to complain now.....😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This highlights everything that’s wrong with Instagram advertising and the world of paid influencers.
I can’t believe that with all the controversy surrounding this family, they still tried to sneak this out on the gram without full disclosure. They’ve had a spotlight shone on them for this kind of behaviour before so why not do the decent thing and be honest about what was gifted and what was discounted etc. Other influencers manage it. I may not be a big fan of the Woods, the Davies but they always seem up front about what’s been paid for and what hasn’t. But no, MoFo want followers to believe they’re rich enough to pay for it. Adding #Ad 6 hours later, after it’s been viewed by the majority of his followers already. Nope, not cool. Totally dishonest.

If they truly believe they are still worthy of being called influencers with something to offer brands then this fiasco is totally unprofessional. If they are sat there now at House of Hooper wondering why they get so much flack all the time and other influencers don’t, this is why. They are dishonest and have zero integrity. Brands need to be more careful and bear this in mind as it looks equally bad on them.
Rant over. As you were....

• Heart
Reactions: 18
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO IS TAKING THE TIME TO REPORT THIS TO ASA. Please keep going everyone. I know it’s a faff to do but these people shouldn’t get away with DELIBERATELY misleading consumers like this

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks all, for the screen shoots, busy compiling a proper complaint about all this 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.