Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mummykins

One of the best ways to protect the environment is to have 4 children, be massive consumers of clothes and holidays, have a massive house, and to encourage people on behalf of major brands to buy more shit !

• Haha
Reactions: 14

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
He’s a smug, greedy, attention seeking arsehole.

Who the fuck does he think he is “I can’t be all things to all people “. No one asked you, you’re not the Messiah after all.🙄

He appeals to the bubble of affluent , middle class women who aspire to the Hooper greed and materialism.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Yes she was utterly exhausted and in need of self care
Puts my experience to shame really, my child was ill in hospital and I had nothing with me, so wearing kindly lent scrubs (after I’d been vommed and peed on) I ran to primark and bought some hideous cheap joggers and a T-shirt for about £7 😂😂 felt amazing to be honest 😂😂 n
not sure what planet that woman is on!

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
It’s really interesting actually because Molly Forbes was also on a body positivity panel yesterday & it was such a brilliant mix. I don’t know how the mods of the world keep getting it so wrong
That's the thing though isnt it? They KEEP getting it wrong!! How many "truly heartfelt apologies" do you have to issue before you actually look into the events and campaigns you're asked to be part of!? There seems to be way too much assuming that the companies organising these things "must know what they're doing", but if you dont bother to question or withdraw your involvement when you find these things out- you are part of the problem. Or are they that fame/money hungry that they will literally say yes to anything... might have just answered my own question there

Reactions: 13

Gulster

A lot of nurses work 1 day a week to keep on the register. I did two days. It's not the best because if you include holidays and compulsory annual training days it's hardly any time at all. But, we've worked hard for our qualification and if we don't keep our hours up, it's taken away.
But part time nurses are not very popular as they are almost never at work and struggle to keep to date.

MOD travels so far who wants to employ a nurse who puts everything online looking. The mumsnet thread had several women saying they had requested not to have her as their midwife, they didnt trust her to keep things private.

Palm23

I wonder how Clemmie's NHS colleagues feel about the free food? We know that NHS workers are forced to use food banks and I imagine those in London especially feel the pinch. Then she swans in for her one day a week, tanned from her free holiday to the Maldives, stuffed with free food, acting like the world's authority on midwifery.

Honey

These new regulations have honestly opened my eyes to how much they get for free. One year, they went to Corfu and I remember thinking how do they afford such a fabulous holiday when she's a midwife and they've 4 kids but it was obviously gifted. Along with Saltwater sandals, boden beach wear etc they don't pay for anything! The post of MOD''s living room yesterday showed just how much is gifted. It must kill her to have to say!!! I'd rather pay for everything rather than have a husband who photographs my children in toilets.

• Heart

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I’m impressed that both MOD and FOD are dyslexic. That’s an amazing coincidence. I almost believed him but I honestly thought she was a bit dim. Can’t believe she’s chairing a midwifery conference with her pathetic input of work for the nhs. Clemmie you are an influencer, not a midwife.
Is dyslexia not something wheeled out by bloggers/grammers to hide gramatical laziness? Same as 'anxiety'.

asedgyasawedgy

Yes she does
The other midwives she works with must resent having to put up with her once a week. They are in the hospital slogging their backsides off constantly and she gets away with one 12 hour shift a week then swans off back home to a life of luxury. We should all be oh so grateful they document it for us mere mortals to swoon over though 🙄

Palm23

I confess I was ‘influenced’ many times back in the day by MOD and similar. Bought a scamp and dude sweatshirt and the quality was SO POOR - it bobbled instantly and looked shocking after a few washes. Bought the stupid bamboo plates she had that I later found don’t go in the dishwasher or microwave. I can’t blame them - I was the mug - but if the extent of the sales manipulation had been clear back then I don’t think I’d have been such a mug. I’m an intelligent person! What an idiot
You're not alone. See this https://medium.com/@influencedinflu...otherhood-and-instamum-anxieties-61f2b3675aed

MOD is just back from an event on maternal mental health. I'd like to know what she thinks about the effects of social media and influencing have on vulnerable new mums.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
First time posting in the MOD thread but I had to come over after seeing her stories from the Women's Health panel on "body positivity". The panel consisting of all white, middle class, able bodied and average sized. Women deserve better than this.
totally agree with you, these events are all to often a self serving, navel gazing pat on the back to the people taking part as to how diverse and forward thinking they congratulate themselves as being. It's disgusting to watch

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Children don't need private education and holidays in Mauritius, nice though they are. And, they certainly don't need them at the expense of their privacy, dignity and on line security.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Would never wear scamp and dude either after all the instamums have worn it soooo cringe plus £50 for a sweatshirt that looks primark no way jose
What I hate most about that brand is the twee, formulaic name (well, that and how many high tier Instamums started screaming when one of their designs got copied). I’m tripping over overpriced, achingly middle class kids’ brands on Insta - all called “something & something”.

Scamp & Dude, Rascal & Princess, Puppy & Kitten, Oscar & Izzy, Tarquin & Miranda... just chucking ideas out there, have I stumbled across a real one yet? 😆

• Haha

catgirl55

I have just had a read of some of the 500 or so comments on her latest post. So many personal stories and not one comment in reply. The minimum I would expect is a ‘thanks for Sharing’. Let alone the fact that she is profiting from these women through the paid speaker spot with Superdrug. It’s disgusting behaviour.

Also (not sure how I forgot this!) what makes it more shocking is that she is an NHS midwife!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
I'm so relieved they're going on a freebie to Mauritius. I reckon it's been a whole 4 months since their last freebie and I was starting to get concerned.

• Haha

ThreeFourFive

Proof, if proof were ever needed, that these two have absolutely no class. So much money, such wasted education and here they are, competing with Katie Price for how to monetise your children in the most vulgar way possible. Enjoy your 5 minutes folks, you're turning your family into a freak show.

Reactions: 12

GreyWolf

VIP Member
All the comments about partners going away 🤪
E6954C10-9DA0-4283-8509-DCEDC063967A.jpeg

And yet both these 2 woman had time with no kids!!! Are they deluded? Telford with Ben away with the kids and MOD with 10 days in Mauritius 😂😂 how can she even comment?!

Reactions: 12