MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed, having recently had a stint in hospital with my baby, the nurses made him a nest out of blankets and towels. They also made the formula up with cooled boiled water and warmed up in a jug. I was like 🤔
The thing is we can all make our own informed decisions but as a midwife she should not be endorsing these things!
I believe WHO guidelines do state that under circumstances where it’s unavoidable cooled boiled water can be used with formula IF it’s used immediately and not stored, but it’s not ideal. I breastfed my last babies but previously I made mine in advance and stored for 24 hours!
All of mine had the little nest in hospital. My issue is not so much all the little things she does as a mum, but as using her midwife status as a usp, she then promotes the use of things that she really shouldn’t.

Reactions: 16
Off topic but I have bought a DBHF box, and my mum (mother’s day) absolutely loved it. TBH I don’t mind her or Gemma mutha.hood or any other shop owner advertising stuff to me because they’re running a business. If I follow a business account, I expect adverts. When it’s part time Midwife, full time influencer MOD is when it’s grating
I feel this way too. I don’t mind adverts when I expect to see them. It’s the paid recommendations that I find sneaky.

Reactions: 9
I finally unfollowed him - don’t know why I waited so long - I’ve unfollowed so many insta-huns recently- totally disillusioned with them all - I’ll probably save a fortune 😬

Reactions: 15
Noticed commenting has started again on meetthewildes post she apologised on a few posts and seems quite contrite .
Hi, it's Amber from MeettheWildes here - I've been a silent reader for a while and I've learnt a great deal from Tattle generally, so I hope that you don't mind me making a rare post to share that I've apologised on Stories also (it seemed less attention/engagement-seeking than to dedicate a grid post to the matter, though I appreciate that it's not ideal that my apology has disappeared 24h after the fact). As it can't be viewed any more, I've attached it here.

In short - I made a mistake and a serious one. I do feel that the NMC should investigate clearly what Clemmie said, the context in which it was said and the broader issue of whether there is a conflict of interest between midwifery and 'influencing' but it was inappropriate of me to suggest that my following should also consider reporting her to her regulatory body. Additionally, I closed the comments - for a number of reasons that felt justified at the time, but primarily because I had previously enjoyed a whole insta lifetime of being completely uncontroversial, I didn't know how to handle my comments blowing up. They are now back on, though I do hope that I'm 'yesterday's news' because I'd really like to return to bumbling along uncontroversially.

I won't interrupt your private space again, but as I've been reading for a while there are contributors here whose sound judgement I respect and who spoke out against what I had said, I just wanted to make it clear that I heard, and that I'm sorry.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Hi, it's Amber from MeettheWildes here - I've been a silent reader for a while and I've learnt a great deal from Tattle generally, so I hope that you don't mind me making a rare post to share that I've apologised on Stories also (it seemed less attention/engagement-seeking than to dedicate a grid post to the matter, though I appreciate that it's not ideal that my apology has disappeared 24h after the fact). As it can't be viewed any more, I've attached it here.

In short - I made a mistake and a serious one. I do feel that the NMC should investigate clearly what Clemmie said, the context in which it was said and the broader issue of whether there is a conflict of interest between midwifery and 'influencing' but it was inappropriate of me to suggest that my following should also consider reporting her to her regulatory body. Additionally, I closed the comments - for a number of reasons that felt justified at the time, but primarily because I had previously enjoyed a whole insta lifetime of being completely uncontroversial, I didn't know how to handle my comments blowing up. They are now back on, though I do hope that I'm 'yesterday's news' because I'd really like to return to bumbling along uncontroversially.

I won't interrupt your private space again, but as I've been reading for a while there are contributors here whose sound judgement I respect and who spoke out against what I had said, I just wanted to make it clear that I heard, and that I'm sorry.
Cancel culture acknowledged and as many accounts are suggesting, it sends people here for their "right to reply".

Reactions: 11
I've never brought anything that's been featured on Instagram. That's because anything that generates people to buy it then I will avoid as I hate having same as others 🤣 never got a good vibe from any of the big accounts at all.

Reactions: 3

Hi Amber- I have to say I hadn’t heard of or followed you previously but obviously understand the comments etc on Tattle. I think it speaks volumes for Tattle, and of your own mindset, that you felt not only that you could learn from comments here, but felt that you could also comment yourself. I respect that you’ve taken them on board and are learning with it too- social media is “new” for every single one of us in this respect, and whilst it’s a harder path it’s so important to do better when we know better... I also personally understand how it can feel when you are suddenly on the receiving end of something that has blown up in a way that you never envisaged it would on social media. But it seems very genuine that you’ve taken time to manage it and reflect and change.
I appreciate you being here 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 48

What I do find funny is all these instamums are the first to say we're ruining somones life by talking abou them, but they're often far woorse than anything posted here. Like starting a mob mentality on Instagram to get someone sacked.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Hi Amber, I have followed you for a long time and really liked you (apart from the gory birth 😱 but I’m squeamish with my own so 🤷🏻‍♀️) but I unfollowed over this as felt it went way too far, therefore I missed your apology. I’m glad you’ve joined and are here, it’s a lovely community on MOFOD threads and that you can see that it’s not trolling but discussion that can’t take place on Instagram but so important.

Reactions: 28
He's a 'bleeping rubber nobhead' who clearly put a lot of effort into this latest post and has plenty time on his hands to make these one man sketch shows!

I stand by my theory that Clammie is under the decking (posher than patio innit?)

The claims in that magazine article about her "being in a dark place" (decking? 😜) and his "how are you/are you okay" (whatever phrase it was) do not surprise me at all as both lean heavily towards mental health which is always a pull on the heart strings.....

I work on a Child & Adolescent Mental Health inpatient ward - shame neither of their postings consider that particular age group..... Self-righteous, attention seeking fools.
As someone who has been inside one of those as a parent, thank you for your work. 💐

But no, NONE of this everlasting mental health tit ever seems to scratch beneath the surface of feeling down and needing to chat over a cuppa. (Alcohol of course being a depressant but Prosecco Mum culture won’t address that.)

I’ve been affected in many ways in my life by genuine mental health conditions that my family and I have experienced. Never does #itsOKtonotbeOK venture into how easy it is to alienate all the friends who might provide an ear or shoulder and how profound mental illness is downright, lifewreckingly not bleeping OK; how #tellsomeone is a bit pointless when all NHS and local authority services are cut to the bone and CAMHS is prioritising on how physically damaging a teen’s suicide attempt actually was; how isolating mental health problems really are, and how they are taking advantage of that.

It feels so very tit on ‘awareness raising days’ to see social media full of empty cliches and fashionable slogans. Properly painfully tit.

Feeling miserable, anxious and upset because life is throwing crap at you is normal and understandable. I’m sure MOD has felt dreadful recently. I’m sure FOD isn’t on top form. But don’t jump on the bandwagon.

And while I’m at it, ‘are you OK?’ is a nice thing. But it takes a huge amount more than that to resolve a mental health crisis.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Confessing here to owning a WINGING IT jumper and a few t shirts from FMLY Store. I have also been in the FMLY store itself in Bruton and met Molly Gunn herself! I also owned a strong girls club t shirt.

When I joined tattle back in April it opened my eyes to so much. I unfollowed pretty much every instamum and sold all but my winging it jumper (I have it on right now actually 😎) and I made a fair amount of profit on ebay selling it all.

I have felt quite free ever since! The interiors stuff isn't my style at all. I am much more of a country/vintage style so try my hardest not to be influenced by those on the 'gram such as Feathering the Empty nest who has a stunning home! Thankfully it is pretty obvious as Elle doesn't need to work and her husband works in the City and they live in Surrey that her budget and my budget won't be the same!
I have the winging it jumper.. i love it!I didn’t follow any mum insta’s at the time and I’ve never followed selfish mother. I didn’t really know of her insta account until reading here. I just saw it, on a fb ad I think.and felt like it summed my life up. So I don’t feel like I was influenced. I also have had it like 4ish years wear it all the time and it still looks pretty good.
The mlm style ads did get me for a while. (As I’m ashamed to say did the mlm’s at first) Lucky I’m poor and indecisive so I never purchased anything then felt bad for not purchasing instead.

Reactions: 4
The thing is we can all make our own informed decisions but as a midwife she should not be endorsing these things!
I believe WHO guidelines do state that under circumstances where it’s unavoidable cooled boiled water can be used with formula IF it’s used immediately and not stored, but it’s not ideal. I breastfed my last babies but previously I made mine in advance and stored for 24 hours!
All of mine had the little nest in hospital. My issue is not so much all the little things she does as a mum, but as using her midwife status as a usp, she then promotes the use of things that she really shouldn’t.
Yes exactly I only started to see things this way after my last baby I’m an influencers/ companies prime target the majority of the time . I loved the sleepyhead and I’d buy one again with my next child but the bit that’s completely off is it being recommended by a supposed health care professional , Clemmie Hooper was crossing a line recommending products to women at their most vulnerable , it’s not much different to those bounty fuckers coming into your room when you are off your tits and selling you things and stealing your details .

Reactions: 18

Hi Amber I think you meant well initially , I think the fact you owned the fact you felt you had made a mistake is to be admired , you do seem like a pretty grounded nice person .

Reactions: 22
Yes exactly I only started to see things this way after my last baby I’m an influencers/ companies prime target the majority of the time . I loved the sleepyhead and I’d buy one again with my next child but the bit that’s completely off is it being recommended by a supposed health care professional , Clemmie Hooper was crossing a line recommending products to women at their most vulnerable , it’s not much different to those bounty fuckers coming into your room when you are off your tits and selling you things and stealing your details .
Oh god those Bounty women! I'd had a rough couple of days being kept on the labour ward/in intensive care by the time they came round to see me on a normal ward. I was taking no tit at that point and basically told her to f*** off and she wasn't having my details. Felt so annoyed they were trying to prey on me and harvest my details and get a stranger to take photos of my new baby. Just no.

Reactions: 13
Thanks for uploading! Frustrating being blocked but only have myself to blame for that. God, he really does seem to have lost the plot.
Just sign up with a different email if you wish to view his eccentric waffle first hand. It's what I did when MOD blocked me for liking a post 🤭

Reactions: 3
The midwives she is close to at Kings confirmed that her husband knew and she only spoke ill about him so it would throw ppl off and look genuine. She according to midwives there hasnt been at work, not seen since the incident.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
The midwives she is close to at Kings confirmed that her husband knew and she only spoke ill about him so it would throw ppl off and look genuine. She according to midwives there hasnt been at work, not seen since the incident.
She must be on that gifted safari!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Did you read that somewhere ?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.