MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think most people have been there, and theres a vulnerability about being a new mum which is why they target them. I can't say I've been influenced to buy via Instagram to buy big things but I can see how people have. Sitting up at 2am wondering if a sleepy head will get you a bit more sleep. Having a colicky baby who screams most of the evening and wondering if 'that' bottle will cure it. Feeling tit about yourself and thinking someone looks great in that £40 sweatshirt so wondering if it would make you look great too. A lot of new mums will try anything to make their life easier whether its hinch's ebay caddy or a cybex car seat. The vulnerability stretches into you don't want to feel like your baby doesn't have the best of the best, so £1000 on a credit card for a pram. Someones using childs farm 'and it really is the best!' so you feel like your child should have this miracle bubble bath. It goes on and on. If you've got PND or post natal anxiety alongside it it can be magnified.

So I don't think anyone should be ashamed. The influencing is ruthless and reaches people 24hrs a day, theres no escape and why it works so well. The people shoving it down our throats should feel ashamed, but they would rather make 5p from your swipe up for something that is useless/ unsafe/ will break in a week than care about how you feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I think most people have been there, and theres a vulnerability about being a new mum which is why they target them. I can't say I've been influenced to buy via Instagram to buy big things but I can see how people have. Sitting up at 2am wondering if a sleepy head will get you a bit more sleep. Having a colicky baby who screams most of the evening and wondering if 'that' bottle will cure it. Feeling tit about yourself and thinking someone looks great in that £40 sweatshirt so wondering if it would make you look great too. A lot of new mums will try anything to make their life easier whether its hinch's ebay caddy or a cybex car seat. The vulnerability stretches into you don't want to feel like your baby doesn't have the best of the best, so £1000 on a credit card for a pram. Someones using childs farm 'and it really is the best!' so you feel like your child should have this miracle bubble bath. It goes on and on. If you've got PND or post natal anxiety alongside it it can be magnified.

So I don't think anyone should be ashamed. The influencing is ruthless and reaches people 24hrs a day, theres no escape and why it works so well. The people shoving it down our throats should feel ashamed, but they would rather make 5p from your swipe up for something that is useless/ unsafe/ will break in a week than care about how you feel.
Totally agree with this. And when the line gets blurred and you're being influenced by a MIDWIFE (who you would therefore naturally assume has a new mum's best interests at heart) the waters become so muddied and murky. It doesn't seem ethical to me at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Off topic but I have bought a DBHF box, and my mum (mother’s day) absolutely loved it. TBH I don’t mind her or Gemma mutha.hood or any other shop owner advertising stuff to me because they’re running a business. If I follow a business account, I expect adverts. When it’s part time Midwife, full time influencer MOD is when it’s grating

Reactions: 14
His latest post is just bizarre. Is he now trying to do comedy sketches? It isn’t funny in the slightest. And look at the time and effort he spent setting that all up.

I can literally smell the desperation through my phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Totally agree with this. And when the line gets blurred and you're being influenced by a MIDWIFE (who you would therefore naturally assume has a new mum's best interests at heart) the waters become so muddied and murky. It doesn't seem ethical to me at all.
This is very true. The conflict of interest is quite astounding.
The greed possibly crept up on MoD, and instead of keeping her USP clean and clear, she’s become enraptured with ALL THE THINGS.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
But posting comments on Tattle isn’t trolling. Look how many people
Tattle is 💯 not trolling. If they choose to go read comments about themselves they may find something they don't like. People on Instagram want all of the benefits of being a public figure without the obvious downside that they invite comments. If they don't want their parenting judged stop broadcasting it publicly!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ These people are a business making a lot of money, not just a little pin money.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Confessing here to owning a WINGING IT jumper and a few t shirts from FMLY Store. I have also been in the FMLY store itself in Bruton and met Molly Gunn herself! I also owned a strong girls club t shirt.

When I joined tattle back in April it opened my eyes to so much. I unfollowed pretty much every instamum and sold all but my winging it jumper (I have it on right now actually 😎) and I made a fair amount of profit on ebay selling it all.

I have felt quite free ever since! The interiors stuff isn't my style at all. I am much more of a country/vintage style so try my hardest not to be influenced by those on the 'gram such as Feathering the Empty nest who has a stunning home! Thankfully it is pretty obvious as Elle doesn't need to work and her husband works in the City and they live in Surrey that her budget and my budget won't be the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Off topic but I have bought a DBHF box, and my mum (mother’s day) absolutely loved it. TBH I don’t mind her or Gemma mutha.hood or any other shop owner advertising stuff to me because they’re running a business. If I follow a business account, I expect adverts. When it’s part time Midwife, full time influencer MOD is when it’s grating
It's ok when it's a business only promoting their business. However now I've wised up I'm wary of accounts that show their personal lives along with their business and end up promoting "gifted" tat they receive from other brands ( mutha.hood for example)

Why is she advertising method cleaners along with her strong girls club t shirts??? I don't understand 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It’s a real shame with Mutha.Hood because I like the sentiment behind her products, but she was selling all sorts of rubbish along side her decent quality merchandise.

What a way to devalue your own brand.

Reactions: 13
Totally agree with this, there are some very talented women who happen to be mums who sell those things on SM and I'm happy to follow and support. I know what I signed up for by following them and enjoy when they work together with other small businesses, swapping items of clothing and tagging each other etc. I don't feel lied to.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't see how Simon is going to keep this up... the content is just dry. It seems that without being the "clueless Dad" complete with footage of the children, his posts just come across as bizarre and trying really hard. Too hard.
His videos are made well, but maybe he should pursue a career in editing and advertising behind the scenes and just leave the OD brand to rest.
I'm sure Clemmie is planning her next move, but I'm not sure what she could do on her MOD or Gas and Air platforms now.
No one wants to view her positively in a HCP light

Reactions: 14
Noticed commenting has started again on meetthewildes post she apologised on a few posts and seems quite contrite .

Reactions: 3
His videos are made well, but maybe he should pursue a career in editing and advertising behind the scenes and just leave the OD brand to rest.
I'm struggling to see how they are well made? It's just rough and ready phone video using the auto settings, chopped together with an app and some text and music put on top. All piss easy unskilled stuff that anyone can do. My 9 year old does similar with the iPad.

I can't see any advertising skills either, his only asset is being gifted cute twins.

Clemmie was totally right that he's got nothing to offer without the children.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm struggling to see how they are well made? It's just rough and ready phone video using the auto settings, chopped together with an app and some text and music put on top. All piss easy unskilled stuff that anyone can do. My 9 year old does similar with the iPad.

I can't see any advertising skills either, his only asset is being gifted cute twins.

Clemmie was totally right that he's got nothing to offer without the children.
Totally agree! There is no skill whatsoever in his videos and it is clear he is getting desperate, trying to put together posts about the kids but without the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That’s the difference isn’t it. When you’re flicking through a magazine, or watching tv, you see an advert, you recognise it’s an advert, it may influence you but that’s an above board #ad. Women who are clearly running a legit business on Instagram, are clearly advertising their products to you. Products they have invested in, and genuinely believe in.
I think so many people are now feeling a bit tit for having been duped for so long by people like MOD, now that it turns out she wasn’t genuinely sharing a product she has bought and was recommending on its own merits.

Also (catching up on several pages) thank you to whomever posted the screen grab where MOD referrred to her ‘place of worm’. That would be... tattle, then?

(I am not poking fun at dyslexia. It was just an amusing atomic typo)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
His last offering is desperately sad on so many levels. What an absolute cuntwaffle. For a start yr 7 is secondary school, so you actually see quite a few teachers and certainly don’t sit on small plastic chairs. He talks complete tit trying to be relevant. I’m embarrassed for him.
Also biscuits?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

A sleepyhead has gotten me more sleep. But I don’t have the banana leaf print. Got mine second hand off Facebook for £30

Reactions: 9
A sleepyhead has gotten me more sleep. But I don’t have the banana leaf print. Got mine second hand off Facebook for £30
A midwife should not be endorsing anything being used as a sleep aid in their cots overnight. They are only to be used when a caregiver is awake and go against SIDS advice.
Her heavily promoted use off a perfect prep was is also against milk preparation guidelines as the water is not sterilised it’s filtered.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
A midwife should not be endorsing anything being used as a sleep aid in their cots overnight. They are only to be used when a caregiver is awake and go against SIDS advise.
Agreed, having recently had a stint in hospital with my baby, the nurses made him a nest out of blankets and towels. They also made the formula up with cooled boiled water and warmed up in a jug. I was like 🤔

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.