Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Luisa saying UGG outed MOD 😂 was that true? I can’t remember any more. I like Luisa. What she’s saying is bang on. “all these mummy bloggers prostitute their kids” true!
i have to say UGG was the one that led me to tattle, and she quite often posts funny meme’s that completely relate to this thread on Tattle. Mercury in retrograde etc. Definitely reading here. She mentioned about the sacconne people too (sorry don’t know their name!)
Anyway I think she is fab! And completely unapologetic, v. Refreshing

Reactions: 20

Looboo

Chatty Member
Really? God, I was so naiive about Instamums. I never pictured them just ringing companies up and being so blasé about wanting a freebie. The cheek of it, when MOD could well afford whatever she liked — and didn't even need to be doing a reno on that lovely house anyway. What did your friend say?!
The fact they’re doing a Reno on a house that is already recently renovated and is as lovely as that is something I also can’t get my head around!! Insane!

allybongo

Chatty Member
His latest post is just bizarre. Is he now trying to do comedy sketches? It isn’t funny in the slightest. And look at the time and effort he spent setting that all up.

I can literally smell the desperation through my phone.

• Haha

Sven

VIP Member
Do you know what? I’m actually a bit excited to see what her next move is. Will they transform or just brush it under the carpet?

Luckydip

Anyone else think MOD jewellery lign looks like the old skool "Elizabeth Duke" Argos jewellery?

non binary coat

Chatty Member
Hi, it's Amber from MeettheWildes here - I've been a silent reader for a while and I've learnt a great deal from Tattle generally, so I hope that you don't mind me making a rare post to share that I've apologised on Stories also (it seemed less attention/engagement-seeking than to dedicate a grid post to the matter, though I appreciate that it's not ideal that my apology has disappeared 24h after the fact). As it can't be viewed any more, I've attached it here.

In short - I made a mistake and a serious one. I do feel that the NMC should investigate clearly what Clemmie said, the context in which it was said and the broader issue of whether there is a conflict of interest between midwifery and 'influencing' but it was inappropriate of me to suggest that my following should also consider reporting her to her regulatory body. Additionally, I closed the comments - for a number of reasons that felt justified at the time, but primarily because I had previously enjoyed a whole insta lifetime of being completely uncontroversial, I didn't know how to handle my comments blowing up. They are now back on, though I do hope that I'm 'yesterday's news' because I'd really like to return to bumbling along uncontroversially.

I won't interrupt your private space again, but as I've been reading for a while there are contributors here whose sound judgement I respect and who spoke out against what I had said, I just wanted to make it clear that I heard, and that I'm sorry.
What I do find funny is all these instamums are the first to say we're ruining somones life by talking abou them, but they're often far woorse than anything posted here. Like starting a mob mentality on Instagram to get someone sacked.

• Heart

Smenbot

Mortified to imagine MOD at parents eve, the teacher having seen her instagram read all about her in the press 😳

• Wow

Stargazer

It’s funny all this talk of influencers and “stuff”. Im going through a bit of a cash flow crisis so am selling all my stuff on eBay. It’s weirdly the best thing I’ve ever done. I feel free. And I did not know I had this much stuff?! It feels kind of topical to realise stuff doesn’t make us happy. It doesn’t seem it makes FOD that happy either? Plus if you have as much stuff as I do, you don’t even know you have it anyway so how can you use it?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Anna Mathur has more qualifications than most with her reframing anxiety course, given she’s a psychotherapist. I wouldn’t see her professionally as I follow her on Instagram but she shares little of her life, really. Crap cooking, daft stories of her day, her own experiences with mental health. She doesn’t show her kids either. I quite like her.

But of course she has products to sell, including herself at events. I wouldn’t put her in the same category as MOD at all though.
As someone just posted, they create the scenario ie I'm a new mum, I'm so stressed, I'm so anxious, look at the photo of me crying on my feed etc etc. New mums relate and identify. Then out comes the 'buy my course' it'll solve your problems. It's unethical. It's exactly the same as mod playing on women's insecurities about their homes/ clothes/ jobs... buy this mama t shirt, buy these lovely tiles, buy my book. If you identify with me then buy buy buy. And anna completely over shares! She has numerous contrived photos of herself crying. Who would ever be sat crying with a baby in their arms and think ooh I know I'll put that on Insta. It's narcissism and it sells her goods.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I could be completely wrong but the cynical side of me thinks none of them are friends. Yes MOD delivered CT’s baby, but I reckon she asked her because it was a good PR move not because they’re besties.
It's grim as so many appear to be having babies for instagram/YouTube as they know it helps get followers and ads.

If your motivation behind having a baby (even just party) is about getting followers and engagement what could be better than using the insta-famous midwife? It's all so grubby.

• Wow

SequinnedElephant

I had twins in 2017 and was directed to them there, sadly one of my twins died at birth at 37 weeks so I unfollowed from there, simply bc it was too painful for me to see twins and especially identical twin girls as mine were. I never really had anything ‘against’ the ODs I found tattle after the whole thing and mainly went on to unfollow a lot of the super salesy Instagrammers I used to like (CT, SM, inpo etc). So the whole thing really changed how I look at Instagram and how it was making me feel (shit) also how you can have so much that others might love to have (ods) and still not be happy. It made me look into my own shit - working on being grateful for all I have rather than jealous I’m not in a girl gang or have 30k followers 😂 xx
So sorry about your baby xxxx

• Heart

Wolf359

Chatty Member
It annoys me when people say things like ‘if people are influenced to buy the tat then that speaks volumes about them’.

Every single thing an influencer does on Instagram is calculated to the nth degree to sell stuff to people. That’s the only reason it’s posted up there; to shill. To get people buying.

So, then when it works, and ipeople do buy the stuff, you can’t blame them for doing what they’ve been deliberately manipulated into doing!

• Heart

Percycat

Now that he’s started posting just his ‘humour’, rather than endless ads you realise how empty his life is. Now that he can’t start everything with “have you ever wondered...well now you can XXX” or “we all have times when, but here’s XXXX to the rescue...” he really has very little to say. It’s quite tragic.

• Heart

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
It's very relivant. It's about the backlash a public figure has.

If FOD had been drink driving and injured innocent children he'd probably get less of a backlash than a few bitchy comments on a forums that someone has to go out of their way to read.

It's madness.
I think he would. Because whatever you think of him, Ant has spent 20 years working hard, he has talent as a presenter, and a huge fan base because of it. FOD has spent two years posting weak jokes and pictures of his small children on Instagram, and flogging overpriced middle class tat. So he hasn’t earned the public profile to come back from it. His posts this week show how little there is to him if the brands walk away and he decides to keep the kids out of it. There is no real affection for him out there.

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Exactly, personally I bought the rug when I was 7 months pregnant, super overwhelmed with a house renovation (nothing like the MOFODS, my house was a total dump!!) and I wanted my house to look like all those lovely Instagram houses but I couldn’t afford F&B paint or super expensive wall paper. But I could afford the rug (it was 40%off). It made me fell about better about the chaos in my life, becaus they had it too and they seemed to be coping. Then I realised that they prob didn’t buy the rug, or the paint or the wall paper and they didn’t spend their nights ripping out carpets or painting walls like the rest of us. They had people doing all of that (for free and discounted!) and it was all a lie.
And the rug looked lovely if I’m honest but we spend a lot of time in the living (I don’t have a grown up living room/zen room, so we are all crammed in here!) and it doesn’t go well with heavy foot traffic or babies with reflux or weaning. White rug + small children = massive no!!
And this is why these InstaScums need to be called into account. New Mums are very suggestible when it comes to giving their baby the best. New Mums are often isolated and overwhelmed. But, honestly you cannot BUY an item that will make you feel less isolated. A rug can never make you feel that you belong. An overpriced sparkly jumper doesn't have the power to stop you feeling overwhelmed. They just don't.

But new Mums are preyed on and tricked into believing that they will.

Why would the midwives know? What she sat in the staff room and told everyone she had a fake online presence on tattle where she slags off other bloggers. But it’s fine because my husband knows.. yeah sure. Sound believable.