Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smartie

Chatty Member
I seem to recall discussion that apparently he wanted to move back near his parents but was overruled. Would explain his unhappiness perhaps?
Yes, when they were looking to move out of London he wanted to go back to Bristol near his parents, but she wanted Kent near her parents. And she won.

Reactions: 3
He must follow this page now. After all this is what MOD used to cause her undoing. And I imagine the more that gets said the more uncomfortable and tense the atmosphere must be at home.
He likely posts what he can to keep up appearances, and keep in touch with his brands.
He’s prob found himself in a huge tattlehole by finding all the delightful screenshoots of MODS work on here and found out just exactly how horrible she is.
Not the best way to find out your wife’s bad character x

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Awkward that she still follows Mackie Bella when her and her mate have bashed FOD on Twitter a few times in the last few weeks

2ofeach

VIP Member
I finally unfollowed him - don’t know why I waited so long - I’ve unfollowed so many insta-huns recently- totally disillusioned with them all - I’ll probably save a fortune 😬
Just sign up with a different email if you wish to view his eccentric waffle first hand. It's what I did when MOD blocked me for liking a post 🤭
You can view on the gramster app

Lou1s5

I can’t see his Instagram.....

I wonder if clem thought the lid cast would be a way to test the waters?

OhMyWord

Chatty Member
I had a fucking dream about MoFoD last night ffs. She appeared on his stories and completely glossed over everything that’s happened.
JesusChrist I need to get a life lol. I am way too invested in this!
I did too, last week. I can’t even remember it all but I woke up thinking I was also too invested!

Staveyavb

I’ve brought nothing except their books. I brought FOD book hardback and audio and I‘ve brought gi fletcher happy mum.. hardback, digital and audio. I’ve also brought all of the kids books by Tom fletcher in all formats. It’s annoys me everyday. Didn’t however buy anything that clemmie had a hand in book wise, for no reason other than I haven’t been pregnant while knowing about her.

First time poster, can I just ask why you're annoyed you bought Tom Fletchers children's books? Just asking because I love the Christmasaurus haha 😂😂😂

allthefs

Chatty Member
Do t follow Luisa - just seen her November Christmas party. Won’t be looking again. Who’s UGG?

Lbr102

Ironically had she just been some random podcaster, or even an “influencer” doing a podcast on birth stories but NOT a midwife there would have been no issue there. But the lines were blurred as she chose to do a podcast with Maisie Hill author or Period. Because she was the hot thing at that moment and it co I coded with her book launch. The issue people had was that she had chosen to have no scans, and at no point was there a caution or a statement about scans being recommended or the stats behind how many births are successful/ saved/ live etc as a result of scans being introduced and used at key stages of pregnancy (I don’t have quite the right words but you get my drift) - and not providing that caveat essentially contravenes the NMC best practise and her training as a midwife, despite it having been the mother choice on this occasion. When it’s broadcast to a large, potentially susceptible, audience then she absolutely should have to think about those things after pushing herself into the limelight because of being a midwife.
I also realised why there was a broken link someone reported in thread #14 on the CT blog- because MoD went from having the handle midwifeyhooper to rebranding to the handle mother of daughters... so the link wasn’t redirected and the original IG account is gone...
This is really interesting and isn’t something I have heard about before. Do you have a link to the podcast?

I think I am lucky, in that I didn't get the internet until 2003, when my youngest daughter was 1. I already had 2 older boys who were 8 and 6. Back then it was mainly message boards/forums like this. I used to frequent the old Bounty boards which was fine, but I was on my 3rd so pretty secure in my abilities.

I do wonder what I would have done if insta was around then, because I have severe and enduring mental illness. I was/am basically an influencers wet dream. Part of my illness is I am prone to manic behaviours and I can become obsessive. I was in £55k of debt because of it, I am now down to £29k debt after 9 years of being in a debt plan. I can't blame influencers for my issues, but I can point to the internet for making it very easy for me to buy stuff quickly. Yes, I was doing that in the high street, but I could drop a lot of money quicker on the internet.

I think that modern life makes people feel much more isolated, while at the same time more connected. What I mean by that is, we have so many more ways to find people with the same interests, but they may not have our best interests at heart. Take the HInch for example, her stuff started off with cleaning and most people could drop 10 quid on cleaning products to be like Hinch, but she has morphed into... I don't know what exactly? Is she a home account or a cleaning account or a mum account or all of them?

I think it's really unfair and cruel to berate people and call them weak for buying what people on insta are selling. People on insta are "relatable". We see advert on tv and know that's an advert. But we see Clemmie or Mrs Hinch or Zoella or whoever saying, "Hey everyone, I got this thing and it is the best thing ever, I totally love it, I know you'll love it too so here's a 10% off code"

I've rambled but what I think I am saying is that insta is nowhere near regulated enough. It is pure manipulation and the sooner the tide turns the better.
Nail on head 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Xxxx

Yel

Chatty Member
It’s kind of fascinating that his post about hair bands has 1700+ comments but his posts of only son, blurred twin and wrong-stat men’s day posts are 300-500. Obviously bots and such but surely companies look at more than 1 post to check engagement? Someone tell me that they do?!
More than likely they just take the agent's word. It's difficult to judge things like how many 2k Webber BBQs fod sells. Infuencers are a bit like the dot com bubble at the moment and brands are throwing money as to not miss out, things are changing but slowly.

Although having one post with way more engagement looks authentic as some do just perform better. Doesn't help his brand that hard band video is generic and could be anyone though

I don’t think they do check. I’d love to see some official stats on how successful influencer marketing really is, does it actually work? I’m not sure it does, the companies that use a lot of influencers, eg M&S seem to be the ones struggling.
I think maybe it did in the beginning. But infuencers are still selling themselves as every single follower is hanging on every post and ready to buy whatever. Those days are long gone and most infuencers struggle to reach 10% of their followers feed now people follow so many.

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Well so could MOD. And hugely experienced midwife is debatable. As is doing the listeners a disservice by omitting it. Perhaps if MOD addressed it in a humane way, instead of nonsensical excuses, that might be a way of responding to controversy

Couldn’t agree more - what were there no other midwives available to do a podcast with you Kate? Was it just by chance you chose the most controversial “midwife” on Instagram! What a tw**t KL is!