MOD & FOD #11 Sorry seems to be the hardest word

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While I agree the level of hatred being sent in her direction doesn't immediately correlate with the 'offence' as such, she has behaved badly towards others for a prolonged period of time. She isn't a nice person, she is greedy, entitled and stomps on anyone who challenges her.

So it isn't surprising that it's escalated to this extent. If she'd issued a genuine, proper apology on her grid, rather than a temporary teddy out of pram sorry note, and then taken ownership and made moves to prove genuine remorse, the backlash may not have been so extreme.
Indeed. A good example of responding intelligently to difficult questions or negativity is MP. She doesn't insult but actively engages in debate. Maybe MOD has spent her life being fawned over and cannot deal with criticism so her response is to respond in a childish manner.

Reactions: 11
Well worth a watch to see what a deceitful witch she is:
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
wow. All that and she didn’t even win.
I wonder if this caused the break up of Clemmie and her then boyfriends relationship? Cos he defo wasn’t happy. She crossed some boundaries.
I know we were all 20 once and I did some really not great things but I was single - this shows how cunning she can be.

Reactions: 5
Been reading for days but had to comment on this. HM is absolutely detestable, her endless whining about how hard her life is is infuriating, and her barely disguised glee at “doing the right thing” and outing MOD turned my stomach. Her stories are a case study in narcissism. I don’t know how anyone can find themselves so interesting.
There is now a thread about her!

• Heart
Well there’s still time to get her out to Australia for I’m a celebrity 😏
Maybe she’ll embrace her nasty ways and become a sort of Katie Hopkins style, no holds barred, insta-witch. She can’t keep away from it, so to stay in the limelight she might ham it up and go for a different angle. The cutesy mama vibe never washed with Tattlers anyway, now it won’t wash with anyone else either. I can’t see she has many options at saving her original reputation.

Reactions: 6
What I don’t understand is why everyone is calling the racism card on Clemmie? She said she didn’t like that a person brought everything back to colour/race/class - that is not a racist statement. It simply is not. Especially not when the person in question absolutely does do that and that very issue has been consistently discussed on her thread. Fellow woc stating that CB actually harms progress in the way she brings absolutely everything back to race.
Seems like others are now afraid to engage the intelligent logical part of their brain and say that isn’t racist for fear of being called racists themselves.
She’s done wrong, I’ve no idea why a grown woman who was very successful would feel the need to do what she has done however it simply wasn’t racist. Stupid yes, racist no.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
I wonder why...

I'd read her written stories but was waiting until morning to listen to the others!
Her account was reported. She showed a screenshot of the warning from Instagram and then dare I say, got quite aggressive challenging the white people to report her further saying stuff like we don’t wash 🤔. She acted like she didn’t care if her account got closed down because we can’t silence her?

• Wow
Is their pr Grace O'Leary or something like that? She'll have been in full incident management mode since the story broke. "Simon, for now, you keep quiet".
"Clemmie, post this... I'll write it for you, put it on your stories so no-one can comment". "We'll wait a respectful amount of time Simon, then you're going to have honour those contracts. 48 hours should do. You're going have to acknowledge what Clemmie did, but distance yourself from it at the same time. Highlight how hard is been. Deflect things a bit. Set the narrative in motion that she's been struggling with her MH because she's been relentlessly trolled for 3 years". "Clemmie, I'm afraid you'll have to lie low for quite a bit longer. Don't close your account it shows guilt and shame. We need to get you back on your feet by highlighting the negative affects on your mental health from behind trolled online. Then, maybe we can get you a comeback interview with someone at Cosmo or grazia.... Just keep quiet and leave it to me, we'll have them eating out of your hand again in no time!"

... Or something like that!!
THIS x 1,000 👍😂

Reactions: 13
It’s quite bizarre people think they can just call for her to be struck off!! Like the NMC will be sat there going ‘ooh we’ve got a tweet from AngryJulie and she says Clementine Hooper is a two faced cow, we’d better look into that’
‘Ooh and now IsleofWightAnge has tagged us and says she needs to be struck off, better act on that’
For god’s sake. She’s done this herself, if there’s anything to answer to it will be addressed appropriately and through the right channels.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
This is as bad as the people calling for her to be struck off by the NMC. The issue of maternal deaths in BAME communities is so much more complex than the correlation that is being drawn with MOD.

Clemmie was my named midwife during my first pregnancy when she was with a caseloading team in south London. She did all of my antenatal care, was present at my birth, and because of a really complex recovery supported me for the postnatal period too. It was a tough time and she and her colleagues on that team were absolutely incredible. I considered myself very lucky to have had their support.

Her blog was only just starting at the time and I’ve been following the explosion of her new career with some astonishment in the years since. My direct experience of Clemmie was that was a brilliant midwife and I really hope that this doesn’t stop her returning to full-time midwifery if she wants to.
Haven also given birth at the hospital that she works at and being BAME and dealt with a midwife who referred to me as “anti epidural” I personally wouldn’t want someone who was so distracted and encouraged racism. She only works 1 day a week in said hospital an on the other days seems to be obsessed with making people like her regardless of the cost! I’m glad you had a amazing experience with her then. But I wonder if the same could be said now? She has become a troll and bully.

Reactions: 3
How old was Clemmie on that tv show? She makes a big deal about her and Simon having been young parents.
It was around 2004/2005 so she’d have been eighteen ish I think?

Her boyfriend says in it that he’s seen another side to her even though he’s always known she’s a witch 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Her account was reported. She showed a screenshot of the warning from Instagram and then dare I say, got quite aggressive challenging the white people to report her further saying stuff like we don’t wash 🤔. She acted like she didn’t care if her account got closed down because we can’t silence her?
Can’t find the account now ! Saw stories yesterday

Reactions: 1
Laughing so hard at the idea of MOD going into the jungle. Imagining her and Caitlyn Jenner eating pig testicles just to wring some extra mileage from their waning celebrity status. Yum.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I suspect we’ll see her on Loose Women sometime soon on a conversation about the evils of social media where they’ll all believe her version of what happened rather than the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t understand how this has got so big. It’s bleeping Instagram, it’s not real life. Who has she really hurt? A few egos! It’s all become a bit boring.
The more it goes on the more I agree with you. She made a few crappy comments. From the screen shots that have been posted they are pretty tame compared to some. And all these people calling for her to lose her job and her kids should be ashamed. Mob mentality is awful.

Reactions: 18
Reckon she will be back on The High Low? I’m sure they’re all under the same management. Probably do a full episode with her discussing that Jon Ronson book they talk about all the time - ‘So you’ve been publicly shamed’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.