MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It annoys me when all of a sudden you get 10 Instagram notifications from a girl who's liked your most recent pics and then a message appears "Hi gorgeous! ❣🎀🎉✨ join my team!!!!

The only one I don't mind so much is FM, because the perfumes are actually really good. You can buy them on eBay without the hassle though
I’ve never actually bought the perfumes but I would definitely buy on eBay. I almost feel guilty when I’ve bought from MLM sellers before cos I feel like I’m just keeping them in it for longer 😂

I’ve never actually bought the perfumes but I would definitely buy on eBay. I almost feel guilty when I’ve bought from MLM sellers before cos I feel like I’m just keeping them in it for longer 😂

I would recommend them 100%! A few of my friends have them and some of them smell really well & last. The black opium dupe is good and does smell like the real deal, I've also got a tester for one which smells lovely too. You can find the list online and just search on ebay or even amazon.. miles better! :)

Reactions: 1
I would recommend them 100%! A few of my friends have them and some of them smell really well & last. The black opium dupe is good and does smell like the real deal, I've also got a tester for one which smells lovely too. You can find the list online and just search on ebay or even amazon.. miles better! :)
I want the Flowerbomb one so I’m tempted to buy the FM version to see if I actually enjoy the scent and then I’ll splurge on the proper one.

Reactions: 1
Was stalking an ex on Facebook the other day, he's had his profile on private for yonks, anyway, it's been set to public cos the silly twit is selling nu skin. He's got an insta page dedicated to it with his girlfriend #Power couple.
I'm bleeping dead. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Was stalking an ex on Facebook the other day, he's had his profile on private for yonks, anyway, it's been set to public cos the silly twit is selling nu skin. He's got an insta page dedicated to it with his girlfriend #Power couple.
I'm bleeping dead. 😂
Someone from know did NuSkin for about a month, did a couple of posts about it and that was it. NuSkin definitely isn’t one I see about much anymore!

Reactions: 2
Someone from know did NuSkin for about a month, did a couple of posts about it and that was it. NuSkin definitely isn’t one I see about much anymore!
He always was a lazy toad - never wanted a proper job and it seems he is now a #entrepreneur with #couplegoals.
I've just scoured through the insta page and its full of the usual inspo quotes and hashtags. I can't wait to lurk from a far and watch how this fizzles out. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My cousin does Scentsy - I have no idea what she makes but she has been using the line of "a mum from this area has already booked seats on the plane for her whole family to Disney next year" to try and get people to join her team. Playing on the "hard-working mum providing for her family" type lifestyle rather than the glam vacations, big houses, cars etc. I think she also puts little notes in with her orders advertising how to join her team. I've had to remove myself from her group (which I only joined out of family politeness in the first place 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My cousin does Scentsy - I have no idea what she makes but she has been using the line of "a mum from this area has already booked seats on the plane for her whole family to Disney next year" to try and get people to join her team. Playing on the "hard-working mum providing for her family" type lifestyle rather than the glam vacations, big houses, cars etc. I think she also puts little notes in with her orders advertising how to join her team. I've had to remove myself from her group (which I only joined out of family politeness in the first place 😂)
A friend of mine did Scentsy and lasted a few months with the company. She had various targets to hit per month and if she didn't then they would pile the pressure on her.
One month she hit her targets and was due x amount commission and the company didn't pay her what she was due. The upline was crap too, offered no support whatsoever.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I know of about 8 people who sell FM and apparently taking home 3-8k a month. I've bought 4 perfumes reluctantly and NONE of them last. How these people claim to be earning what they do baffles me

Reactions: 5
It’s all about selling that lie. Most people who I know who do FM World do it alongside a full or part time job. So they’re definitely not taking home what they’re claiming from FM World alone

I’m not going to report it. His life at home might have been a misery if he hadn’t allowed his wife access to his email. It’s even possible he doesn’t know. I’ve not replied. If I get any more messages from her I’ll have a quiet word to him.
If I were you I'd have a word with him anyway. I know if this happened where I am one would be obliged to report it to the companys data officer as it's a data breach whatever way you look at it.

It also could be classed as solicitation

Reactions: 5
If I were you I'd have a word with him anyway. I know if this happened where I am one would be obliged to report it to the companys data officer as it's a potential data breach whatever way you look at it.

It also could be classed as solicitation
That is a good point and worth checking out in case someone else reported it. Laws etc can be tricky like that. I also remember years ago my cousin got fired from her job for knowing someone else was committing gross misconduct but didn’t report it (she could have been candy coating her involvement tho LOL)

Reactions: 3
Girls from my school are part of a holiday one it’s so embarrassing they call themselves “travel agents”

• Haha
If he mentions it I’ll say I’m not interested.

Rather than worry about data breaches I’ll look at it as the modern day equivalent of someone bringing a Pampered Chef or Avon brochure into work.

To be fair, if it had been Avon I would have probably bought something. I like a few Avon products, especially Skin So Soft dry oil spray and the giant bubble bath. It’s also an MLM but cheap and cheerful and I don’t think the reps are pressured into recruiting a down line... though could be wrong.

Okay, fair enough, your call. But it's absolutely not the same as bringing a brochure to work and what he (or his wife) did is completely out of order

I have someone on my FB who is an Arbonne seller. Some kind of VP (got the car etc). Always banging on about how she is a small business owner and how great it is to support small businesses.

Kindly F right off. You are a block in a pyramid scheme that is multi-million in many countries. Just go away

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Someone shared this in my insta....you have to sell an awful lot of perfume to be making £3-8k a month.
Most of the people doing this probably don't have a basic maths qualification ... if they did, they'd probably have a real job. 😁

• Haha
Most of the people doing this probably don't have a basic maths qualification ... if they did, they'd probably have a real job. 😁
I have a colleague who makes similar claims. Yet would she be renting a house and working in a supermarket if it were true, I think not 😂😂

Reactions: 8
Okay, fair enough, your call. But it's absolutely not the same as bringing a brochure to work and what he (or his wife) did is completely out of order
I agree with you but to keep myself sane I have to not get worked up about it. I’ll continue to boycott any product (other than Avon stuff) that is sold by an MLM bot.

I feel sorry for the women, and it is mainly women, that are targeted.

The worst thing for me is that the people who do the recruiting KNOW what they’re getting their friends into, and do it anyway. They’ve been conned too. It’s sad, and it can cost a person who is probably already vulnerable a lot more than ££. It should be outlawed.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.